• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I have just finished season of Leftovers and I love it. But I can see why people find it nuts. I also enjoyed Mr Robot which is similarly strange. Severance also.

there is way too much run of the mill standard crap. These leftfield shows are more enjoyable for me personally.

I have just finished season of Leftovers and I love it. But I can see why people find it nuts. I also enjoyed Mr Robot which is similarly strange. Severance also.

there is way too much run of the mill standard crap. These leftfield shows are more enjoyable for me personally.

Yeah, Does my head in when the Mrs watches stuff that is just a modern version of the same thing she has seen a million times before. I love watching things that are different, that make you think etc.

I enjoyed season 1 as you didn’t know where it was going but found myself losing interest by the end of the season 2. So many things they didn’t explain which I found frustrating. But I guess that was to be expected given it was written by Damon Lindelof who was the showrunner for Lost. I know season 3 is one of the highest rated seasons of any tv show ever but I was quite turned off by the religious undertones of the show and too many unanswered questions as I said before.

I enjoyed season 1 as you didn’t know where it was going but found myself losing interest by the end of the season 2. So many things they didn’t explain which I found frustrating. But I guess that was to be expected given it was written by Damon Lindelof who was the showrunner for Lost. I know season 3 is one of the highest rated seasons of any tv show ever but I was quite turned off by the religious undertones of the show and too many unanswered questions as I said before.
I loved it
Clever and kinda unique

Love that show, the second season is so strong and they get the ending perfectly right which is rare, and ironic considering Lost. The episode on the ferry in season three is one of my favourite episodes of any show ever.

Been doing a rewatch of The Boys, on season three now. SO many truly brilliant moments, and although it's a bit of cliche it does sum up the nightmare world we're living in - fudging diabolical.

Stand out performances have got to be from Anthony Starr, Homelander is an incredible character and it's mind-blowing how much can emotion come from the eyes.

Incredible show and can't wait for season 4. Saw an interesting interview recently where Seth Rogan said The Boys (as a TV show at least) wouldn't have happened without Marvel paving the way for it to be deconstructed and mocked. Granted that's only my take on his interview and I've learned to enjoy the Marvel stuff for what it is rather than mock it..

Last edited:
Last of Us not really standing out as anything special so far to me and with only 2 episodes left I'm waiting for some payoff

First episode of The Gold, BBC 6-parter of the Brink's-Mat robbery, was good - Kenneth Noye played by the guy who plays Cartright in Slow Horses - looking forward to see how ot plays out

Picard series 3 - So very bad but I guess if I said it was disappointing that'd mean I had any expectations for it.

The Next Generation is one of all my time faves but this is just schmultzy nostalgia with new added tedious supporting characters and an unbelievably tacky villain, cackling mad lady who may as well be the witch from the wizard of Oz.

This whole "Picard had a son all along and it was with Beverly Crusher and he didn't know about it" thing is like Neighbor level plot lines in space. I don't know if it's bad acting or just weak ideas.

Going back to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm l, absolute stonker of a show
I started with 11 when that was released, then went back to 9, 10. Then I went back to 1, and it's really interesting to see where it started, but blimey the acting is bad in 1. Finds its feet in 2 IMO. Now I'm all the way through watching 9 again, absolute quality.

Finished watching Happy Valley last night. I'd never watched it before but given all the hype around the last series (don't recall any for S1 and S2?) thought I'd give it a go.
It was pretty good. S1 definitely the best, really had me hooked. Then after that it kind of tailed off and the different strands of the story were quite silly by the end I thought (and a rubbish ending), but still very watchable - easy watching. I don't get all the hype though. I'm sure there have been better police series.
Shout out to the actor who played Tommy Lee Royce though. He was very good, especially in S1 and S2.

Finished watching Happy Valley last night. I'd never watched it before but given all the hype around the last series (don't recall any for S1 and S2?) thought I'd give it a go.
It was pretty good. S1 definitely the best, really had me hooked. Then after that it kind of tailed off and the different strands of the story were quite silly by the end I thought (and a rubbish ending), but still very watchable - easy watching. I don't get all the hype though. I'm sure there have been better police series.
Shout out to the actor who played Tommy Lee Royce though. He was very good, especially in S1 and S2.
I really enjoyed it but I just felt they struggled like many series to tie it up. The last episode seemed rushed to me, spent all series around invested in the side story of the pharmacist and the woman married to the teacher and in the end all she does is say "oh check out the pharmacist" at the end of the final episode....literally zero effort to tie that story off despite it being a major plot line

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Mad documentary about Jloyd Samuel and his career, issues and death, crazy set of circumstances and a real insight into the life of footballers and the issues that money sometimes brings

Back