• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

What, exactly, is Siggys best position?

I don't mean in your opinion.....I mean, what IS his best position?

I'm a little confused where he actually plays. I'm no dis-liker either, I reckon he could turn out great, I just don't know where.

At the tip of a 3 man central midfield.

No that's not his best position but he can certainly play there depending on who he is in front of him. Him and Ade imo would be fantastic,.

What are you basing this on? To me his playing style looks much more like a box-to-box midfielder in the Lampard mould rather than a number 10.

To me Sigurdsson (like Lennon and Bale) needs to receive the right passes at the right time to shine. Feed him passes in a bit of space in between the lines and he'll shine. Ask him to drop deep to create stuff on his own or dictate play, or ask him to run beyond the striker(s) or consistently attack the box and you'll struggle a bit.

The problem arises when we have him, Lennon and Bale all looking to receive those passes, but none of them play those good passes with any consistency. That leaves almost all that responsibility on Dembele (and the back 4). Last season at Swansea they had a very good passing team with players like Britton and Allen among others who could move the ball around very effectively until a bit of space opened up and then find the pass to Sig. We're not at that level right now.

Dempsey is a better option for now, but Sig is still young.

What are you basing this on? To me his playing style looks much more like a box-to-box midfielder in the Lampard mould rather than a number 10.

I said that before this post? that his best position is off the tip of a midfield 3.

I thought he was starting to show some promising signs in his recent off the bench appearences

Do we have a money back guarantee with him?

Only kidding. It seems to me he's still struggling to adapt his game and his self belief is somewhat shot. I'm hopeful he'll settle this season and prove to be a useful player when next season kicks off, I say useful as I don't believe he's ever going to turn into the type of player that will command a starting position at this club with our current ambitions of top 4 every season.

He's step further down the pecking order now. Holtby will be used in that number 10 role ahead of him.

I wish the guy all th eluck in the world . But to be perfectly honest , he seems like a mediocre player at a club to good for him . He should have never left Swansea .

Now with Holtby in , he won't see a minute on the pitch . Nice to have known you Gylfi but with a 67k a week contract , we wish you all the best at another club . We already have our Bentley's and Jenas'as , we don't need another "mascot" at ridicolus wages .

I wish the guy all th eluck in the world . But to be perfectly honest , he seems like a mediocre player at a club to good for him . He should have never left Swansea .

Now with Holtby in , he won't see a minute on the pitch . Nice to have known you Gylfi but with a 67k a week contract , we wish you all the best at another club . We already have our Bentley's and Jenas'as , we don't need another "mascot" at ridicolus wages .

he had to leave Swansea when his loan ended... 8-[

Reading fans I know getting their twice a year hardon saying they're gonna sign him. Come home Gylfi etc. strange bunch it must be said never known a set of fans to be obsessed that much with one player.

That is a bit harsh he has struggled so far this season but he is still very young and you can see the flashes of class he has here and there. Too early to write him off just yet.

I think he still has a role in the squad for sure, but there's no doubt that Holtby is going to bomb a couple of them out...

The main paper in reading is reporting they made a 10million pound plus bid for sigurdsson on Tuesday and were waiting to hear back last night.

Gylfi Sigurdsson: Reading failed with bid for Tottenham player

Reading manager Brian McDermott has revealed the club failed with a deadline-day bid for Tottenham midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21291221

You have to question the motive of the Reading manager in revealing their bid for Sigurdsson. The media are going to use that to affect his confidence even further.

If Holtby is gonna be used further forward, I can see Siggy developing more in one of the deeper positions in central midfield. He can pass, he works hard, he can get up and down and can shoot from range. With Dempsey also in the squad he isn't going to get many opportunities in that position behind the striker anymore.

Still think he's class though and will show It eventually. Plus I think if we play a fluid style in seasons to come the role behind the striker and a more attacking central midfielder will overlap a bit.

AVB response to this. Glad he's shown his support for the fella.
Like McDermott and the way he's handled himself even though he is ex scum but think this was just brick stirring with what he's come out with today. Thought he was better than that.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, who was the subject of interest from his former club Reading on deadline-day, has a future at the club. "He's a player that we believe a lot in, and in his future here, said Villas-Boas. We couldn't allow him to leave."

Back