• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

I agree, he will come good he has shown sufficient technique in his last few appearances for me to believe that he has enough about him to succeed. The question remains, however, will he be given the chance to impress? Look what happened with Pienaar, I always said he was good when he was with us and yet he was pushed out because Redknapp didn't rate him.

AVB has more patience with players I think. If Gylfi starts showing form he will get more playing time.

AVB has more patience with players I think. If Gylfi starts showing form he will get more playing time.

It's difficult to find form as a substitute though. Not saying he should start in lieu of anybody right now, but you could turn it around and say form might not show as fast without playing time. I don't think want any more injuries, so I guess he'll have to bide his time.

I agree, he will come good he has shown sufficient technique in his last few appearances for me to believe that he has enough about him to succeed. The question remains, however, will he be given the chance to impress? Look what happened with Pienaar, I always said he was good when he was with us and yet he was pushed out because Redknapp didn't rate him.

Redknapp dropped him because of poor form I believe. Pienaar wasn't good with us except for one match in Milan. He was roundly slaughtered in every match rating thread I recall. Now that is not to say he's not a good player, as he appears to produce the goods for Everton on a regular basis. Who knows why it didn't work for him at Spurs but it certainly didn't.

Back on topic. We cannot play Siggy into form. There is no learning on the job at a club like Spurs I'm afraid. He has to find that form himself from somewhere and produce on the pitch when asked.

Redknapp dropped him because of poor form I believe. Pienaar wasn't good with us except for one match in Milan. He was roundly slaughtered in every match rating thread I recall. Now that is not to say he's not a good player, as he appears to produce the goods for Everton on a regular basis. Who knows why it didn't work for him at Spurs but it certainly didn't.

Back on topic. We cannot play Siggy into form. There is no learning on the job at a club like Spurs I'm afraid. He has to find that form himself from somewhere and produce on the pitch when asked.

There is learning at every club. He'll get playing time partly because we're coming up to the crazy christmas bonanza of matches, and partly because there's an FA cup third round match not too far off that would in my mind be a game he should be playing 90 mins in.

There is learning at every club. He'll get playing time partly because we're coming up to the crazy christmas bonanza of matches, and partly because there's an FA cup third round match not too far off that would in my mind be a game he should be playing 90 mins in.

If Siggy is not playing well then he should be benched, simple as. We cannot wait for him to find his lost form. Cup matches should help but my point was more related to the PL matches.

Agree with you. Dempsey didn't do alot in what, 12-13 games, but still AVB trusted him. He also built up his match-fitness that way. Gylfi is showing a bit more now, and I think AVBs patience with all the players will do us good in a long season.

It's difficult to find form as a substitute though. Not saying he should start in lieu of anybody right now, but you could turn it around and say form might not show as fast without playing time. I don't think want any more injuries, so I guess he'll have to bide his time.

Conversely, I think now he is not starting games the pressure is off and he can try to make an impression when he comes on. So near against Everton. I like him.

Looking at Mirallas on Saturday and his very good form this season overall - can't help but think we should have gone for him instead

Isn't hindsight brilliant? A proven premiership standard player or some foreigner not many have heard of? I love comments like this,surprised you agent said "we shoud have got michu instead"

Also, they play different positions don't they?

'Some' foreigner?

He's a proven Belgian international and actually covers right and left wing as well (a bonus cover for Bale / Lennon - something neither Dempsey or Sigurdsson can play naturally). Simply felt he could be more versatile and considerably more technically 'able'

I had never heard of Michu before and would imagine he's currently in his Amr Zaki / Papis Cisse mode

We've got a lot of good attacking players and have scored a lot of goals this season, but the football has been diabolical at times with very little being created when coming up against organised defences. I believe a major reason for this is, despite the pace, dribbling and finishing ability amongst some of our players, we have seriously lacked players with vision and passing technique in the final third. Van Der Vaart was excellent at this, Modric wasn't bad either, and we also had Kranjcar for the last couple of years. Dempsey has got a bit better at this recently but is nowhere near the level of the others, and even though Dembele is an outstanding player he isn't the type to offer this either. Nor is Huddlestone as he plays deeper and doesn't have the close control needed for to work this effectively in tight spaces in the final third. These have been my thoughts since the start of the season - http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?2536-Passers

The only player we have in the squad who is actually good in this role is Sigurdsson, and we saw another good cameo from him today. We had been playing well but were struggling to break Swansea down, he played a few defence splitting passes and created some good chances for us once he was on. It makes such a big difference to have a player like him in the side and I'd start him ahead of Dempsey against Stoke personally.

Was good today, better than any of our other attacking players despite only being on for 25 minutes.

he can only get better then. he's clearly a very good player struggling with confidence a little. showing some nice glimpses lately.

We've not seen ONE SINGLE left footed screamer from him. Not goals I mean SHOTS!!! Why do you think this is? He sees enough of the ball but seems to continuously mis hit his shots in a Spurs shirt.

Not a great start from him though is it?

The majority of players take 6 months to a season to settle in properly to a new club and perform at their optimum level,although everyone is different.

Don't act all surprised when he is performing well for us, he has a lot of talent and is one for the long term here....

We've not seen ONE SINGLE left footed screamer from him. Not goals I mean SHOTS!!! Why do you think this is? He sees enough of the ball but seems to continuously mis hit his shots in a Spurs shirt.

In my view, confidence at first and now chances. When he was playing more regularly the team were coming to terms to life without Ledley, Luka and VdV and struggling as a whole. We're far from perfect today.

He had a cracking effort v Everton that hit the bar. He's still very early into his Spurs career (hopefully), we are too impatient as fans at times.

Back