• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

You know he's right footed right? He had a pretty nice effort hit the bar last week.

We've not seen ONE SINGLE left footed screamer from him. Not goals I mean SHOTS!!! Why do you think this is? He sees enough of the ball but seems to continuously mis hit his shots in a Spurs shirt.

Yeah, he hit the bar in our last match, but it was an utterly brick shot..

:-"

We've not seen ONE SINGLE left footed screamer from him. Not goals I mean SHOTS!!! Why do you think this is? He sees enough of the ball but seems to continuously mis hit his shots in a Spurs shirt.

It's also because he hasn't had much playing time in his best position, which is in an advanced central role behind the striker. Too often he's been stuck out in an unfamiliar position on the wing. He played in his best position against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the opening day and we were very unlucky not to win the game, also against Reading where he played a brilliant through ball to Lennon for the first goal and we generally looked dangerous throughout.

I also think he needs a big player in front of him to hold the ball up and bring him into play in the final third - Defoe's form has meant he can't be left out this season but it's not helped Sigurdsson especially in games where Dembele wasn't playing and so we had two defensive midfielders that couldn't pass effectively, so we either tried hoofing high balls up to Defoe who obviously couldn't deal with it, or played it out on the wings, either way Sigurdsson didn't see enough of the ball.

Give him a run of games behind Adebayor, or ensure he's supported by other good attacking midfielders in the centre of the park, and I'm sure we'll see some great results. He's only just turned 23 and is a very talented footballer, I have high hopes for him if we use him more.

I'd like to see him get a run behind ADE but then JD can't be dropped just yet surely? I think Dempsey should be seeing more of the bench, personally, with Sig featuring more I do think he offers us more.

Against a strong footballing side, you want a player like Dempsey in midfield who can get stuck in and help with the defensive side as well as in attack. Against a team of cloggers like Stoke then Sigurdsson should be the preferred choice. If Bale isn't back that is. Or if he is and Ade is injured.

Dempsey hasn't deserved to be dropped of late either. But with the festive period, theoretically we could utilise all the players.

---------------------------------Lloris(Brad)-----------------------------------------------
Walker(Naughton)---Dawson(Gallas)-----Vertonghen(Caulker)----Ekotto(Naughton/Vertonghen)
Lennon(Falque)---Sandro(Parker/Livermore)---Dembele(Hudd/Carroll)---Bale(Townsend/Dempsey)
--------------------------------Dempsey(Sigg)-----------------------------------------------
--------------------------------Defoe(Adebayor)---------------------------------------------

Against a strong footballing side, you want a player like Dempsey in midfield who can get stuck in and help with the defensive side as well as in attack. Against a team of cloggers like Stoke then Sigurdsson should be the preferred choice. If Bale isn't back that is. Or if he is and Ade is injured.

Really hope Ade isn't out for Stoke.

Have to say I thought Sigurdsson did really well again today. Delighted he's slowly stepping up and proving me wrong. Good luck to the lad, and who knows, perhaps he will score some goals in the next half season too. Credit should go to the management for making sure he has been utilized and not fudged off as a lost cause.

Is anyone else majorly disappointed with gylfi this season?

I had such high hopes for this guy, expected a high goal return and to see him be a first team regular.

At this point in time I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan to try and find some semblance of form.

Seriously underwhelmed, which is a shame, because I really liked him at Swansea :(

Did Sigurdson react to being replaced ? Thought as if he was throwing something away as he was going to sit on the bench. If he did, he has only himself to blame. He has not lived up to expectations. With us out of both domestic Cups, can't see him getting many more chances to play for us.

He'll come good eventually. He had 5 sub appearances where he was good but yesterday he didn't deliver. He's a quality player but i don't think the manager trusts him (illustrated by him always getting 10 minutes or less when he comes on as a sub). Anyway he'll come good if given a chance (which he doesn't deserve at tho moment in time).

I didnt think he was as bad as what people made out yesterday. I think we should have kept him on rather than chucking Obika on in hindsight

I didnt think he was as bad as what people made out yesterday. I think we should have kept him on rather than chucking Obika on in hindsight

Definitely. AVB's substitutions are usually good but yesterday they sucked. We were applying pressure on Leeds and looked good for another goal but avb changed personel and formation and we didn't create a single thing after.

Definitely. AVB's substitutions are usually good but yesterday they sucked. We were applying pressure on Leeds and looked good for another goal but avb changed personel and formation and we didn't create a single thing after.

You cannot blame the defeat on the subs. Up until the goal we didn't look like scoring. All 3 of AVB's replacements were attacking ones. Sigurdson did absolutely nothing to suggest he would have done something if he had remained.

I like the lad and think we need to find a way to keep him in the team because im sure once he gets settled he will prove what a good player he is. Think he would do best in a 5 man midfield and being given the free role.

Convinced this lad can be the next lampard without the whole letting england down that fat boy has been doing for the last 10 years.

There's no denying that Sigurdsson is a skilled player with good technique and a decent shot. However his biggest weakness is his size and lack of "quick feet" which makes it difficult for him operate in tight areas as is the case when our opponents sit back. I just don't think he's cut out to play for a big club where there's little space to operate in.

What, exactly, is Siggys best position?

I don't mean in your opinion.....I mean, what IS his best position?

I'm a little confused where he actually plays. I'm no dis-liker either, I reckon he could turn out great, I just don't know where.

Back