• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Intrigued that Naughton got a go at left back. Saying that, no one else could really play there. Rose is with the olympic team, Ekotto wasn't with the squad was he? So not really anyone else to play unless you put Bassong there.

Fryers move not quite complete yet?

I've not been following it...

article-2175563-141DAD0C000005DC-440_634x477.jpg

BENTLEY: "...but gaffer, Levy promised me I'D be the good-looking one at the club, now that Luk'a on his way..."
AVB: "This town ain't big enough for the both of us... there's the exit Filho"
BENTLEY: "....s'not faaaaaaaaaaaaair!"

Nice to see Townsend on fire. Thought he looked quality the few times he played last season. Hopes he gets a few chances this year. :)

Intrigued that Naughton got a go at left back. Saying that, no one else could really play there. Rose is with the olympic team, Ekotto wasn't with the squad was he? So not really anyone else to play unless you put Bassong there.

Think he played there a few times for Norwich and somewhat often for Sheffield.

ohhh myyyyy ...............i cannot believe that, sh!t when i heard he was big i didnt expect THAT big

"Match to End Hunger" !!!!:ross: fook me

May as well trot out my standard pre-season game opinion....

Results, individual player performances, team selections, formations, tactics all mean practically nothing. An amazing pre-season doesn't mean it gets carried on into the start of the season. An awful pre-season doesn't mean the team won't have a cracking start to the season.

You want proof then feel free to take a look at the pre-season results before the 2pts from 8 games debacle.

May as well trot out my standard pre-season game opinion....

Results, individual player performances, team selections, formations, tactics all mean practically nothing. An amazing pre-season doesn't mean it gets carried on into the start of the season. An awful pre-season doesn't mean the team won't have a cracking start to the season.

You want proof then feel free to take a look at the pre-season results before the 2pts from 8 games debacle.

I remember before 06/07, we had Bolton on the opening day. They didn't win a game in pre-season while we either won all of ours/went un-defeated. Can't remember which.

...Anyway we then promptly went up to the Reebok and lost 2-0 with an utterly depressing performance. Never gave two bricks about pre-season results after that.

A perfect pre season could lead the players to think they don't need to up their effort when the real matches start.

may as well trot out my standard pre-season game opinion....

dat 5-1 against roma

Back