• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Two different ways of looking at it, either comparing the points 4th had or the points 5th had in each season?

- "70 points has always been enough to get you top 4" - not true, as 70 wouldn't have gotten us top 4 in 08/09
- "No team has ever gotten 70 points and missed out on top 4" - true*
- "We could become the first team to reach 70 points and miss out on top 4" - true*

*As long as the stats are right, and we're only talking PL.

Two different ways of looking at it, either comparing the points 4th had or the points 5th had in each season?

- "70 points has always been enough to get you top 4" - not true, as 70 wouldn't have gotten us top 4 in 08/09
- "No team has ever gotten 70 points and missed out on top 4" - true*
- "We could become the first team to reach 70 points and miss out on top 4" - true*

*As long as the stats are right, and we're only talking PL.

BUT 70 points would have got Arsenal 4th, which is what people mean when they say it. If they ended with 70 and not 72, they still would have finished in the top four.

I've read similar rumours that Ashley supported spurs before he took over Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Anyway there isn't a chance Saudi Sportswashing Machine are gonna put out a weakened team on the last game of the season.

Can always hope that some confidence from a win today and less tension having secured their place might have a positive effect on them. Very easy to get very nervy when the pressure is on and make silly mistakes.

I watched the second half of their game today, pressure was on them and they had plenty to play for. They didn't look good. Wouldn't take much to improve on that performance in the last game.

BUT 70 points would have got Arsenal 4th, which is what people mean when they say it. If they ended with 70 and not 72, they still would have finished in the top four.

Two different ways of looking at it.

Like I said, depends how you word what you say. What people mean and what people say isn't necessarily the same thing.

Two different ways of looking at it.

Like I said, depends how you word what you say. What people mean and what people say isn't necessarily the same thing.

true. I can understand how people could say "70 wouldnt have got you fourth in 08/09" .. but that wasn't the way I was looking at it I suppose. It'd certainly be amazing if we got 72 points and didn't finish in the top 4.

I'd go back and read it again.

I think we've had a great season. However, we now have what should be a relatively easy game to maximise our chances of finishing off the job. We need to have the bottle to do that and get that record points total. It isn't about Sunderland but the context of the game itself.

If we don't finish 4th, we don't deserve CL. It is as simple as that. That isn't judging the team on 1 game, its doing the exact opposite. And if we don't beat Sunderland, especially without their 4 best players, we're quite unlikely to be finishing 4th. How have we fared against every other team over the season? We could have lost at home to Sunderland earlier on the season and it wouldn't have meant that we weren't good enough for CL.

Fair enough.

I always feel I have to defend the team when that kind of comment comes up. I suppose it's easy to infer something other than what was implied.

United fans are going to have to get used to losing a few more games from now on. All the best players are old. Ferdinand and Vidic are virtual crocks, Carrick getting on, Scholes gone, RVP thirty, Giggs forty.

Who are the youngsters they are going to build on? Welbeck, Cleverly, Jones and Smalling? Kagawa doesn't look a world beater, Valencia is brick.

Then put Moyes in charge. Could be interesting.

I'm not expecting a complete implosion, but I definitely don't think they'll win the league. With that playing staff and Moyes in charge they could find themselves in a position similar to Chelsea have this season I think: not secured in the top four, but obviously going to get there in the end.

Back