• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Absolute rubbish, 7 points ahead and within a fortnight it was reduced to one point because we lost our next two games, one against a brick Fulham team who rolled over to both our competitors for 4th.
How is that not throwing it away?

I know there is a love-in here for AVB but his tactics at times, not to mention his substitutions, have been terrible. We are slow, static and predictable. This is all down to AVB.
Our strikers have been very poor this season, that's down to Levy.
Yes we can go on about how far we have come, but ultimately this season has been disappointing after it promised to be so good.

It's only rubbish because of your ridiculous expectations and sense of entitlement. Do you ever make a positive post? All I see from you is negativity and blame.

Absolute rubbish, 7 points ahead and within a fortnight it was reduced to one point because we lost our next two games, one against a brick Fulham team who rolled over to both our competitors for 4th.

I know there is a love-in here for AVB but his tactics at times, not to mention his substitutions, have been terrible. We are slow, static and predictable. This is all down to AVB.
Yes we can go on about how far we have come, but ultimately this season has been disappointing after it promised to be so good.

What Jordinho posted is far from rubbish! Reaching 70 points isn't pretty good by our standards? It isn't a fact that this usually would have been enough to qualify for the CL?

Arsenal have had disappointing results too. At the end of the season the order of the games and the order of the results really doesn't matter, just how many points you got from them. Would our loss against Fulham have been any better if it had coincided with one of Arsenal's losses? I don't think so.

I can understand disappointment, but to call outside factors absolute rubbish seems completely perspectiveless to me.

It's only rubbish because of your ridiculous expectations and sense of entitlement. Do you ever make a positive post? All I see from you is negativity and blame.

i just had a quick browse through his post history as i wondered that myself funnily enough :lol:

Sounds like a cliche, but all we can do it win our last 2 games. fudge thinking about other results, we've got 2 tough games coming up. I genuinely think Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Wigan could get at least a point between them. Keep the faith, COYS

That is simply not true. He's done things wrong for sure and i'm also of the opinion that a lot of people on here are so so quick to distance him from any criticism but are very quick to applaud him....but his substitutions have 99% of the time been excellent. His team selection and substitutions on the whole have been top notch.

Think that one's a load of gonads. His substitutions have turned a number of games for us.

We're playing the most effective football we can with the players at our disposal. You want to try and get Dembele and Parker to play attractive possession football? It would be footballing suicide. We are playing to the strengths of the players that we have got.

why can't Dembele play attractive possession football? and it would also help that Parker isn't deployed as a box to box mid...maybe we'd see an improvement if he's allowed to play his normal game (you know..the role that won him player of the season last year).

As the premier league season ends, diving down the well comes into vogue. I'm sure it's the same with Arsenal, but getting top four has made their frustrations bearable. Until the debates begin about how they've done sweet FA with it.

We have little to bark about, all things considered. We'll be keeping Bale, solidificating what AVB has developed and that will help us recruit additional talent going forward. To see what proper despair is about, talk to a Dortmund supporter when they're in town. They've fielded great teams these past few seasons. Full of talent, style and managed well. Yet stil about to be ripped apart as big money clubs come poaching.

With a new stadium about to come out of the ground, we're in better shape than we've ever been in during my years of support.

As Sargeant Hulka would say, Lighten up, Francis.

I think his substitutions and tactics were a bit negative in the first half of the season, Wigan at home comes to mind. But he's become far more expansive since January, he changed the game when we beat Emirates Marketing Project by bringing on Hudd and Defoe.

It's certainly not a collapse anywhere near what happened last season, but I agree we have PROBABLY kind of blown it as you say, 7 point lead reduced in two games.

Kanoute I understand your frustration but when you look at how our season has panned out I think it has been much harder than in recent seasons. We've taken 4 points off utd, beaten City, L'Arse and Liverpool at home. The Fulham result was dissapointing but it can happen especially after we have played in the Europa League on the Thursday. We are on course to accumulate our highest points total ever in PL and L'arse and Chelsea are in much better form than last season. In fact I was much more dissapointed last season because I felt Chelsea and L'arse could never be that bad again but we failed to maintain the early season momentum. I think in the circumstances oflosing 3 important players AVB has had a harder job than Harry last season and he has done well.

Wigan been the better side so far, had some good opportunities and a potential penalty which wasnt given which they have not shown a replay of either

McManaman has been superb so far, Maloney pulling the strings as well

well they can't really afford to switch off like Swansea have post League Cup so you'd imagine it'd give them a much needed boost

Of course - all day long, imagine how deflated they would be after losing a final.Oh and obviously in 90 minutes so they aren't knackered

Especially with how well they have done in the first 40 mins, been very good, but as we know they have a tendency to shoot themselves massively in the foot

Kanoute I understand your frustration but when you look at how our season has panned out I think it has been much harder than in recent seasons. We've taken 4 points off utd, beaten City, L'Arse and Liverpool at home. The Fulham result was dissapointing but it can happen especially after we have played in the Europa League on the Thursday. We are on course to accumulate our highest points total ever in PL and L'arse and Chelsea are in much better form than last season. In fact I was much more dissapointed last season because I felt Chelsea and L'arse could never be that bad again but we failed to maintain the early season momentum. I think in the circumstances oflosing 3 important players AVB has had a harder job than Harry last season and he has done well.

I agree with you mostly. But I still think Arsenal were there for the taking this season as well. We shouldn't really be competing with Chelsea, they should have wrapped up a CL place by now. Arsenal on the other hand whilst improving their midfield, lost their top goalscorer and talisman from last season, who was also their one and only world class player. I don't see a lot of difference between ourselves and them in terms of talent, If I was to pick an assembled North London team, it would be 5 from one team and 6 from the other; Sandro, Lloris, Bale and Vertonghen definitely, possibly Ekotto too. But the difference is, WE now have a world class player who can carry us and they don't. For the first time in 15 years, WE have the best player in North London.

I didn't go mad after we beat them in March because I've seen us fudge it up too many times, but logically, a win over them coupled with a 7 point lead should have been just about enough to see us over the line. I don't remember too many Spurs fans saying Arsenal would catch us after we beat them. In fact, many were saying AVB would learn from the mistakes Arry made and we wouldn't let another big points lead slip.

Back