• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

i know the Scum are in good form but the last time they had to play anyone with something to play for (Everton) they dropped points at home.

last season they was up against a West Brom side with nothing to play for on the last day to confirm their place in 3rd and were it not for that goalkeeping performance they could very well have fudged that up. s is a blow only because for briefly Villa were leading - i don't think anyone had us to finish above Chelsea after the game midweek (probably further back than that) so let's just get the points tomorrow and sit back safe in the knowledge it's out of our hands

I agree we have to concentrate on winning our 2 games. Chelsea could still lose to an Everton side wanting moyes to go out with a bang.

Y0ZLEhQ.jpg

We need to win trophies, its as simple as that, I have no problem with AVB, I share his philosophy avidly but don't you just get the feeling that no matter what we do, we're gonna get F'ed over some how? We've improved sooo much as a club, so much, before the 05/06 season we had qualified for Europe once in 14 seasons whilst never finishing in the top six during that time. Fast forward to present day and we're now looking at our 7th qualification in eights years with 6 finishes in the top 5. Everything on and off the field has improved massively, Levy has restored so much pride for this club. Regardless as to what we do, we need to win trophies, its all good qualifying for the cl but just look at Leeds and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I'm usually optimistic or at least on the fence but I'm sorry boys, I think that that's it, season over.

We need to win trophies, its as simple as that, I have no problem with AVB, I share his philosophy avidly but don't you just get the feeling that no matter what we do, we're gonna get F'ed over some how? We've improved sooo much as a club, so much, before the 05/06 season we had qualified for Europe once in 14 seasons whilst never finishing in the top six during that time. Fast forward to present day and we're now looking at our 7th qualification in eights years with 6 finishes in the top 5. Everything on and off the field has improved massively, Levy has restored so much pride for this club.

I'm usually optimistic or at least on the fence but I'm sorry boys, I think that that's it, season over.

We don't, not yet. We don't need much at all, apart from keep building up as we have, finish the new stadium and be patient. Why do you think this club has improved so much over these last years? Because we suddenly got impatient and decided we needed to win something? No, it's because we built up slowly and steadily. We'll get there in the end, just don't lose your cool on the way.

We've hit our heads on the 4th place ceiling the past few years, that's our limit, new stadium or not. I still don't thnk Arsenal's games are bankers that most are making out but I do expect us to miss out one way or another.

So Mancini dumps Pantilimon, after he has played every single FA Cup game this season

Harsh - especially as he had stated that he would also play the final

As Di Canio said - it shouldnt matter what other teams do. I like Di Canio.

Thats a winning mentality. You want to win based on merits not on what other teams fudgein do.

If we fail to get top four - its not because Arse and Chelscum won more games but because we 'threw' it away - essentially.

If this were Spurs then everyone would want Lloris in goal even if Friedel had played every previous round.

Pantilimon was really GHod in the semi against Chelsea though so he must be gutted.

How bad is the pundit panel on ESPN

John Barnes
Paul Jewel
Kevin Keegan
Jason Roberts

Keegan is not biased towards Emirates Marketing Project at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Third was in our hands last and this season. Gut wrenching, but we have improved so much, shame our defence has been crap. We can only win next two games, but stoke and sunderland, hmmm... Both fighting to stay in the EPL. Wigan may be depleted by what happens in the FA cup final, and i'm not expecting any other teams doing favours for us. Apathy is making me sort of expecting the europa league again next season.

Just DOESN'T matter what we do, DESTINED FOR FAILURE EVERY F'ING TIME, NO WHAT HAPPENS, NO MATTER WHAT WE DO, US GOONIE fudging ****S WHO EVERY LOVES LAUGHING AT, HAS TO GET ****ED OVER AND FAIL, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THFC WERE MADE FOR, EVERY fudging TIME, EVERY fudging SEASON, COULDN'T GIVE A fudging brick ABOUT GAZZA BOOZIE FREE-KICK IN 91, COULDN'T GIVE A fudge ABOUT 61 OR ANYTHING ELSE, COS WHILST I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE 1995 (Y'KNOW THE REAL WORLD) WE HAVE NEVER FINISHED ABOVE THE GOONS NOR WON ANYTHING BAR THE LEAGUE CUP, GOOD NIGHT AND fudge OFF FOOTBALL!

Dying's easy, comedy's hard.

Congratulations on doing the double.

As Di Canio said - it shouldnt matter what other teams do. I like Di Canio.

Thats a winning mentality. You want to win based on merits not on what other teams fudgein do.

If we fail to get top four - its not because Arse and Chelscum won more games but because we 'threw' it away - essentially.

I agree on being in charge of your own fate to a certain degree, but outside factors still play a big role. Everything else aside, reaching 70 points in a season is pretty good by our standards (not quite there yet, but just one win would take us to the same amount we had last season). The fact that for the first time in history, since the invention of the Top 4 anyway, that won't be enough to qualify for the CL is not something we can blame on ourselves IMO. If we finish 5th this season it's not because we've thrown it away, but because 4 other teams have picked up more points.

Mancini is a Cnut. Puts Hart in goal!!!

It would be funny if he fumbled and cost them the cup.

IMO City should win convincingly, but without destroying Wigan. That way they won't be too disheartened and will be ready for Arsenal.

Ideally Wigan win the cup, we finish 4th and Arsenal have to play a Europa League qualifier.

I agree on being in charge of your own fate to a certain degree, but outside factors still play a big role. Everything else aside, reaching 70 points in a season is pretty good by our standards (not quite there yet, but just one win would take us to the same amount we had last season). The fact that for the first time in history, since the invention of the Top 4 anyway, that won't be enough to qualify for the CL is not something we can blame on ourselves IMO. If we finish 5th this season it's not because we've thrown it away, but because 4 other teams have picked up more points.

Absolute rubbish, 7 points ahead and within a fortnight it was reduced to one point because we lost our next two games, one against a brick Fulham team who rolled over to both our competitors for 4th.
How is that not throwing it away?

I know there is a love-in here for AVB but his tactics at times, not to mention his substitutions, have been terrible. We are slow, static and predictable. This is all down to AVB.
Our strikers have been very poor this season, that's down to Levy.
Yes we can go on about how far we have come, but ultimately this season has been disappointing after it promised to be so good.

Absolute rubbish, 7 points ahead and within a fortnight it was reduced to one point because we lost our next two games, one against a brick Fulham team who rolled over to both our competitors for 4th.
How is that not throwing it away?

I know there is a love-in here for AVB but his tactics at times, not to mention his substitutions, have been terrible. We are slow, static and predictable. This is all down to AVB.
Our strikers have been very poor this season, that's down to Levy.
Yes we can go on about how far we have come, but ultimately this season has been disappointing after it promised to be so good.

Think that one's a load of gonads. His substitutions have turned a number of games for us.

We're playing the most effective football we can with the players at our disposal. You want to try and get Dembele and Parker to play attractive possession football? It would be footballing suicide. We are playing to the strengths of the players that we have got.

Back