• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

After the first 45 minutes of football, you would be forgiven for not knowing which team was facing relegation and which were last season's Champions.

i think losing RvP allowed the team to show their worth - everyone expected them to fall apart because they lost the player which was dragging them over the finish line every week but not only have they looked a much better team, based on the league standings they have actually proven to be the better team (more points on the board already)

i think losing RvP allowed the team to show their worth - everyone expected them to fall apart because they lost the player which was dragging them over the finish line every week but not only have they looked a much better team, based on the league standings they have actually proven to be the better team (more points on the board already)

So losing RVP played to their favour?

Last edited:
i think losing RvP allowed the team to show their worth - everyone expected them to fall apart because they lost the player which was dragging them over the finish line every week but not only have looked a much better team, based on the league standings they have actually proven to be the better team without him (more points on the board already)

Couldn't the same thing be said about us?

They lose their best player almost every season and yet they still finish in the top 4 every season.

All I'm saying is, we act like we are the only team who loses players and has injuries. Arsenal didn't have Wheelchair for the entire season last year.

They lose their best player almost every season and yet they still finish in the top 4 every season.

All I'm saying is, we act like we are the only team who loses players and has injuries. Arsenal didn't have Wheelchair for the entire season last year.

I don't get the point Billy is trying to make tbh so i'm just waiting to see what he meant before commenting.

losing the heartbeat and engine room to your team would take more getting over than losing the a forward who bangs in goals, imv

I don't get the point Billy is trying to make tbh so i'm just waiting to see what he meant before commenting.

some people are saying that we should have been finishing above Arsenal because they lost RvP - with the assumption that they would be weaker as a result

in reality they have become a stronger team over the summer than the season before so the assumption that we would be up against a weaker Arsenal side than last season is wrong and those using them as a yardstick need to re-evaluate their goals in light of that.

losing the heartbeat and engine room to your team would take more getting over than losing the a forward who bangs in goals, imv

Completely and utterly untrue imo.

Without RVP they would have finished 8th at best last season (such is how much he save them). Anyway you could say the lost the 'heartbeat and engine' too because Song left and he was undoubtedly their best midfielder who offered something in an attacking and defensive sense.

Completely and utterly untrue imo.

Without RVP they would have finished 8th at best last season (such is how much he save them). Anyway you could say the lost the 'heartbeat and engine' too because Song left and he was undoubtedly their best midfielder who offered something in an attacking and defensive sense.

im not talking about taking out a player from last seasons team and looking at how they would have done - im talking about losing a player and then moving forward

Wheelchair returned to negate the loss of Song, giving them a midfield 3 of Wheelchair Arteta and Carzola

some people are saying that we should have been finishing above Arsenal because they lost RvP - with the assumption that they would be weaker as a result

in reality they have become a stronger team over the summer than the season before so the assumption that we would be up against a weaker Arsenal side than last season is wrong and those using them as a yardstick need to re-evaluate their goals in light of that.

I don't see that at all.

In fact, i see people stating that AVB has done a fantastic job bearing in mind we lost 2 of our best players and in response others are pointing out that Arsenal lost 2 of their best players too.

Goals change games, sorry for the cliche but it's the most important position in a football team.

Their midfield has improved, but they are still poor defensively and their goalkeeping has got worse.

We've lost players too but they don't have any world class players anymore. Last season, we had a better team and squad, but they had that one great player. This season, the teams are fairly even, but Bale gives us a slight edge.

Back