• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Carbozo is like your old-fashioned centre forward. Can shoot, can head but is so slow and cumbersome that I'd dread to think of him in our side, horrible.

:lol:

Not sure if serious

Osvaldo- Just not good
Cardozo- :lol:
Huntelaar- Can get a goal when in the box, as a sub why not
Kiessling- Who?
Negredo- Havent really seen him play, not young either
Aubameyang- This guy has been scoring goals but it would be a bet to take him, especially that the Ligue 1 is so poor
Lisandro- Just no, five years ago maybe but even then he was never top class
Gomis-:lol: Oh dear
Lambert- Typical english striker who has a good season with promoted club, ricketss?? marcus stewart? Nope
Michu-He is clinical in the box but not what we should be after. Will go back to scoring 6/8 goals a season after this one.

The one quality player out there in fact, is probably Huntelaar, who has failed at top clubs and who is a better version of Peter Crouch.

That list really is bad. Aubameyang could be worth a try but I cant say this guy is quality, that would be wrong.

The only strikers I can think of for us is Loic Remy and Soldado or Benteke. Funnily enough I have now been saying this for the 3rd or 4th summer in a row for Soldado and Remy.

Kießling is 2nd top scorer in the Bundesliga, only 1 goal behind Lewandowski. 22 goals in the league for Leverkusen. He'd certainly be a good signing.

Last edited:
Osvaldo- Just not good
Cardozo- :lol:
Huntelaar- Can get a goal when in the box, as a sub why not
Kiessling- Who?
Negredo- Havent really seen him play, not young either
Aubameyang- This guy has been scoring goals but it would be a bet to take him, especially that the Ligue 1 is so poor
Lisandro- Just no, five years ago maybe but even then he was never top class
Gomis-:lol: Oh dear
Lambert- Typical english striker who has a good season with promoted club, ricketss?? marcus stewart? Nope
Michu-He is clinical in the box but not what we should be after. Will go back to scoring 6/8 goals a season after this one.

The one quality player out there in fact, is probably Huntelaar, who has failed at top clubs and who is a better version of Peter Crouch.

That list really is bad. Aubameyang could be worth a try but I cant say this guy is quality, that would be wrong.

The only strikers I can think of for us is Loic Remy and Soldado or Benteke. Funnily enough I have now been saying this for the 3rd or 4th summer in a row for Soldado and Remy.

Not really building much credibility with your opinions there. You obviously haven't seen much of Cardozo, but rating Remy and Soldado above most of them says it all. Remy is just the next Djibril Cisse, as Benteke is more likely to be Heskey than a Drogba.

I like the look of Benteke. He has the makings of being a beast. Shame Chelsea would never sell us Lukaku. I'd be tempted to throw our entire transfer pot at the both of them. Imagine a team with Benteke, Lukaku, Sandro and Dembele? Shiiiiiiiit

[video=youtube;WsqZ33ZMnC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsqZ33ZMnC8[/video]

yeah benteke looks to be the real deal. i think we should be in prime position to get him since the other top 4 chasing club either have their frontline settled or would go for a bigger name. does he have a price, or better still, an escape clause in his contract?

I see benteke as an upgrade to defoe though, a goal getter and not someone who'd take the ball out to the wings on a leisurely stroll.

I like the look of Benteke. He has the makings of being a beast. Shame Chelsea would never sell us Lukaku. I'd be tempted to throw our entire transfer pot at the both of them. Imagine a team with Benteke, Lukaku, Sandro and Dembele? Shiiiiiiiit

Take out Sandro, add Fellaini, and you have Belgium. Quite a side they're building.

I don't think some Spurs fans realise that we haven't had a 20 goal striker in the league since Klinsmann, Benteke is about to do it playing in one of the worst teams in the league but people still aren't impressed :lol:

I wonder how many he has to score before people change their minds? Or maybe goals don't matter when it comes to strikers.

Darren Bent scored 24 league goals the season after we sold him.
We need the right player for the club.

yeah benteke looks to be the real deal. i think we should be in prime position to get him since the other top 4 chasing club either have their frontline settled or would go for a bigger name. does he have a price, or better still, an escape clause in his contract?

I see benteke as an upgrade to defoe though, a goal getter and not someone who'd take the ball out to the wings on a leisurely stroll.

First Villa player to score a hat-trick in 5 years, did I hear? Incredible (Ben) tekkers. Villa will be condemning themselves if they let him go, though, and if he does move, he's bound to be priced out of our range.

All the football intelligentsia writing off Benteke and Michu. "Oh, they're just one season wonders, I've seen it all before". I'd take either in a heart beat, we would have signed a striker, something we've been failing to do quite regularly for years. Any transfer has its risks.

All the football intelligentsia writing off Benteke and Michu. "Oh, they're just one season wonders, I've seen it all before". I'd take either in a heart beat, we would have signed a striker, something we've been failing to do quite regularly for years. Any transfer has its risks.

I would take either of them as well.

I've been saying for a few seasons that we should be in for Kiessling, as he would probably be the "value" option compared to Lewandowski.

Who is this "football intelligentsia"?

The same people who wrote off Jelavic and Cisse? 7 goals in 26 starts and 8 goals in 32 respectively this season so far. I remember people saying very similar things about signing them as you're now saying about Benteke and Michu. Not many people around now wishing for Jelavic and Cisse to be signed in the summer.

Personally I quite like the look of Benteke though I haven't seen him much he certainly looks good at least and with him being as young as he is he could potentially become even better. I like the look of Michu as well, seems like a fairly complete player (though a bit slow) who can do bit of everything.

I would be happy with us signing either player, but I completely understand those voicing some concern about them perhaps being over hyped because we've seen players get hyped up before on the basis of less than a season and turn out to be average players in the end.

The story about us failing to sign strikers is a bit of a fallacy. Since the January transfer window in '09 after Redknapp took over (last 4 years) we've signed Defoe, Crouch, VdV and Ade. Not counting the loan move for Ade and the Saha loan that's still a striker per season on average. Even if you don't count VdV (or Dempsey) that's still closeish to a striker per season on average.

You could obviously argue that the strikers signed haven't been good enough, but that's quite a different claim from saying that we're not signing strikers. And if the claim is that the strikers we're signing haven't been good enough then I think being a bit cautious of signing someone based on just a season in the PL is a good idea, even though as I said I personally quite like the look of both Michu and Benteke.

Not really building much credibility with your opinions there. You obviously haven't seen much of Cardozo, but rating Remy and Soldado above most of them says it all. Remy is just the next Djibril Cisse, as Benteke is more likely to be Heskey than a Drogba.

:lol:

Soldado is above everyone on that list.

I'm wary of older players having a breakout season, I don't think you'll find any posts from me saying "sign Jelavic" "sign Cisse" "oh why didn't we buy them??" etc. But for Benteke to come into the league at the age of 21(now 22) and score as many he has, bully defenders around, shown some excellent link-up play(Wiemann's goal at Anfield in particular) is an amazing feat. I don't see how you can't be impressed.

It doesn't matter now anyway as he's out of our price range and he'll stay with Villa for at least another year. Maybe we can strike lucky and find the next Benteke.

Chiles: “Yes, and speaking of attack Gareth, this… Lewandowski. Where did he appear from? Four goals against Real Madrid in a Champions League semi final, it’s the stuff of dreams isn’t it? The world’s going to sit up and take notice now, surely?”

[Excitement and pride flickers over Southgate's face as he shuffles his pre-research print outs between his hands]

Southgate: “It’s a strange one Adrian, because he was apparently declared dead in 2002, with many people believing him to be a 63 year old Ukrainian man who masterminded the famous Dynamo Kiev…”

:ross: :ross:

The same people who wrote off Jelavic and Cisse? 7 goals in 26 starts and 8 goals in 32 respectively this season so far. I remember people saying very similar things about signing them as you're now saying about Benteke and Michu. Not many people around now wishing for Jelavic and Cisse to be signed in the summer.

Personally I quite like the look of Benteke though I haven't seen him much he certainly looks good at least and with him being as young as he is he could potentially become even better. I like the look of Michu as well, seems like a fairly complete player (though a bit slow) who can do bit of everything.

I would be happy with us signing either player, but I completely understand those voicing some concern about them perhaps being over hyped because we've seen players get hyped up before on the basis of less than a season and turn out to be average players in the end.

The story about us failing to sign strikers is a bit of a fallacy. Since the January transfer window in '09 after Redknapp took over (last 4 years) we've signed Defoe, Crouch, VdV and Ade. Not counting the loan move for Ade and the Saha loan that's still a striker per season on average. Even if you don't count VdV (or Dempsey) that's still closeish to a striker per season on average.

You could obviously argue that the strikers signed haven't been good enough, but that's quite a different claim from saying that we're not signing strikers. And if the claim is that the strikers we're signing haven't been good enough then I think being a bit cautious of signing someone based on just a season in the PL is a good idea, even though as I said I personally quite like the look of both Michu and Benteke.

Top post

Good post.

Except i don't rate Benteke that highly.

Back