• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I can't believe how much contact Webb is letting Ramos get away with tonight. Oh wait, actually I can.

Madrid almost turned it around, missed chances to rue. They really put dortmund on the backfoot 2nd half, game on at 2-0.

lol

Cardozo is utter pants - possibly on Pav's level ability wise. We might as well push Kane

You don't have any idea what you're talking about, so you resort to silly responses like that. Very common around the around the forum I've noticed. Instead of backing up their own opinions with facts people resort to laughing at and ridiculing those of others. Very politician like, avoid saying anything with substance.

The black and white mentality is ruining so many potential discussions. Most players aren't pants and neither are they amazing, they are somewhere in between. This is something that troubles quite a few on here. If you don't agree with someone saying a player is great and we should be all over him, it doesn't automatically mean that you think he is brick. And vice versa.

To me there is no doubt that Cardozo right now is a better striker than Benteke, but Cardozo is at the peak of his career. You don't have a 10 year career averaging 2 goals every 3 games if you are "pants". In 2010 he finished as top scorer in the Europa League and the Portuguese league (ahead of one Radamel Falcao). 'Oh, but it's only the Portuguese league, that's pants too.' Well, Benteke came from the Belgian league that is arguably much weaker. He's proven he cope physically, but would he work in a different system than he's playing in currently? Not so sure and I certainly don't see him as a natural fit for us.

When considering which one would be the best buy for us other factors come into play though. Age, potential, fee, wages. Benteke could and most likely will get better, but how much? Is he worth the £15-20 million that Villa will be asking? Not a chance. Cardozo two years ago would have cost that, now you could get him for less, but I think he is more than happy to stay where he is. Would probably take silly money for him to uproot his family. I think all in all it's a close call between the two as a potential purchase. Cardozo is a proven and well known quantity, from scouting POV it's easy to determine what exactly you will get, whereas Benteke comes with some uncertainty. How big is his potential and how likely is it that he will fulfill it? All this is for the people in charge to study closer and decide upon and I trust their judgement above anyone on this forum. Most likely neither of them are being looked at.

Sometimes feels like there's these two approved lists of players. One good, one bad. And you're not allowed to argue against them, but should you try you're just met by :lol: and smartass comments like 'apparently most on this forum don't want a 20 goal striker'. Sometimes they come from absolutely nowhere, like some of the comments about Adebayor last night. Nobody had mentioned him at all, then suddenly there was some comment about him apparently being better than Benteke at something. Classic 'let's make fun of those that don't hate Ade'. These ridiculous attempts at point scoring are showing up more and more. Is there like some daily hate quota that needs to be filled? Why can't people express their own opinions rather than denigrate those of others?

That Ramos finish was the gonads...it seems he actually considered that there were like 4 players on the line and took the right option of roofing it.

You don't have any idea what you're talking about, so you resort to silly responses like that. Very common around the around the forum I've noticed. Instead of backing up their own opinions with facts people resort to laughing at and ridiculing those of others. Very politician like, avoid saying anything with substance.

The black and white mentality is ruining so many potential discussions. Most players aren't pants and neither are they amazing, they are somewhere in between. This is something that troubles quite a few on here. If you don't agree with someone saying a player is great and we should be all over him, it doesn't automatically mean that you think he is brick. And vice versa.

To me there is no doubt that Cardozo right now is a better striker than Benteke, but Cardozo is at the peak of his career. You don't have a 10 year career averaging 2 goals every 3 games if you are "pants". In 2010 he finished as top scorer in the Europa League and the Portuguese league (ahead of one Radamel Falcao). 'Oh, but it's only the Portuguese league, that's pants too.' Well, Benteke came from the Belgian league that is arguably much weaker. He's proven he cope physically, but would he work in a different system than he's playing in currently? Not so sure and I certainly don't see him as a natural fit for us.

When considering which one would be the best buy for us other factors come into play though. Age, potential, fee, wages. Benteke could and most likely will get better, but how much? Is he worth the £15-20 million that Villa will be asking? Not a chance. Cardozo two years ago would have cost that, now you could get him for less, but I think he is more than happy to stay where he is. Would probably take silly money for him to uproot his family. I think all in all it's a close call between the two as a potential purchase. Cardozo is a proven and well known quantity, from scouting POV it's easy to determine what exactly you will get, whereas Benteke comes with some uncertainty. How big is his potential and how likely is it that he will fulfill it? All this is for the people in charge to study closer and decide upon and I trust their judgement above anyone on this forum. Most likely neither of them are being looked at.

Sometimes feels like there's these two approved lists of players. One good, one bad. And you're not allowed to argue against them, but should you try you're just met by :lol: and smartass comments like 'apparently most on this forum don't want a 20 goal striker'. Sometimes they come from absolutely nowhere, like some of the comments about Adebayor last night. Nobody had mentioned him at all, then suddenly there was some comment about him apparently being better than Benteke at something. Classic 'let's make fun of those that don't hate Ade'. These ridiculous attempts at point scoring are showing up more and more. Is there like some daily hate quota that needs to be filled? Why can't people express their own opinions rather than denigrate those of others?

[-o<=D>=D>=D>=D>

ITV missing out on Jose telling us where he's going to cut it short... Nice one you useless cvnts

They really are clowns. Must get another precious ad break in. Their coverage of sport is terrible. It's the only thing I watch on ITV, they rest of their programming is dogbrick

ITV missing out on Jose telling us where he's going to cut it short... Nice one you useless cvnts

That was ridiculous, I'm annoyed that on one level it's just rude to turn to the guy who's giving you his time and go 'I have to go, I have to go..'

Fvcking keep the interview going and if you can't fit it in then show it on the highlights show later or add it to the end of the news or something, just don't be such dingdongs.

That was ridiculous, I'm annoyed that on one level it's just rude to turn to the guy who's giving you his time and go 'I have to go, I have to go..'

Fvcking keep the interview going and if you can't fit it in then show it on the highlights show later or add it to the end of the news or something, just don't be such dingdongs.

Good thing it didn't go to extra time, we wouldn't have seen it

So, Real Madrid paid 80m for Ronaldo to win 1 league and 2 Spanish Cups ? What a wasted investment ! Ronaldo is just so over rated ! For all the big name players and manager they have, Ronaldo couldn't even help Real qualify for CL final. He is a coward if he is to leave Real without helping them win the CL for all the money they invested in him. Real should demand back the 80m from him. Hope Bale will realise this if and when Real Madrid try to sign him. They have not won the CL since 2002 and doesn't look like winning it nowadays.

Messi is not fit to tie Maradona's boot laces until he helps Argentina win the World Cup. Similiarly, Cristiano Ronaldo is not fit to tie Messi's boot laces until he helps Real Madrid win the Champions League. Just can't see them doing that.

Back