• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Maybe he turned us down because he wasn't guaranteed a starting place.

Redknapp confirmed it last week.

Source on that? I've seen Redknapp say essentially the opposite:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/01/12/3666240/redknapp-remy-rejected-opportunity-for-qpr-talks?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

“I was hoping for a meeting with him to encourage him to come and he wasn’t being disrespectful. People say he was being disrespectful not talking to us but he was in a position where last year at Spurs he was interested and I got on well with him, and I think he felt embarrassed coming to see me to say he wasn’t interested in coming to QPR. He just felt he was in a position he found difficult to handle.”

I never saw any quote that Remy turned now Spurs from Harry and I think it's highly unlikely that if a player turned down Spurs that a year later he would have such a lack of faith in his own ability to take a step down and join Saudi Sportswashing Machine I'm afraid.
I think the most likely explanation was that Harry fancied him but Levy wasn't prepared to sanction the £22 million or whatever was the reported fee at the time

I never saw any quote that Remy turned now Spurs from Harry and I think it's highly unlikely that if a player turned down Spurs that a year later he would have such a lack of faith in his own ability to take a step down and join Saudi Sportswashing Machine I'm afraid.
I think the most likely explanation was that Harry fancied him but Levy wasn't prepared to sanction the £22 million or whatever was the reported fee at the time

I think the reported asking price at the time was closer to £10 million, but it would appear only Harry saw value in that.

Funny the media called us a one-man team due to the influence of Bale. How about ManU then ? They are well and truly a one-man team. They rely entirely on RVP to win matches. He either scores or assists goals in almost all their matches. If you take out RVP, ManU will just be a mid-table team even below West Brom.

Funny the media called us a one-man team due to the influence of Bale. How about ManU then ? They are well and truly a one-man team. They rely entirely on RVP to win matches. He either scores or assists goals in almost all their matches. If you take out RVP, ManU will just be a mid-table team even below West Brom.

Agreed they rely heavily on him and they certainly wouldn't be top without RvP, but people said the same about Arsenal last season, and they're pretty much in the same position in the league now as they were last season.

Agreed they rely heavily on him and they certainly wouldn't be top without RvP, but people said the same about Arsenal last season, and they're pretty much in the same position in the league now as they were last season.

That's because every season the top 5 or 6 in the league has always been the same teams and the rest has been shyte. So, it is not that difficult for a decent team like Arsenal to be in top 6. Also, Arsenal will always score goals due to their attacking style regardless of who their strikers are. Their strength has always been their creative midfield.

Manu came second last season without RvP, not sure what has happened to the rest of the players to think that they are now a one man team.

RvP is obviously outstanding and him being involved in just about everything going forward, scoring, assists, set pieces and so on does make it seem like they depend on him an awful lot. I think Rooney and Hernandez, Welbeck or Kagawa would make a pretty decent front two as well though.

That's a good point. I would say they have been better off with injuries this season, Wheelchair has returned and a couple of their new signings have done well. That has made them stronger overall, almost enough to compensate for losing RvP, but not quite.

Watched 2nd half of United game and all of the Arsenal game.
Liverpool deserved a draw..fudge me, how great is Fergie to have pulled off the RVP transfer..I know it all seems bleeding obvious now but they would be mid table without him.
Shame about the sending off in the City game..I wanted to know who was the better side and it was hard to tell 11 versus 10. It was an entertaining game but nothing new was learned. I was impressed by the English guys on show but Walcott was patchy.

Back