• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Brilliant film.

Djimon Honsou is an outstanding actor. Thought he was superb in Gladiator too. Shame he doesnt get many roles.

Just ordered the re-mastered version of Gladiator on Blu-Ray, that opening battle scene is still one of the greatest in cinematic history imho... "At my signal unleash hell"

I just remembered a film called Ravenous, watched it ages ago. Really dark and a bit nasty, but I thought it was excellent. Need to watch it again and see what my fuss was about...

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

I remember watching Ravenous many years ago, a bit of a strange movie that would make for uncomfortable viewing for vegetarians.

[WIKI][/WIKI]

Now that is a great film but never got the recognition it deserved. Another film which I thought was fantastic and also missed out on the acolades was The game starring Michael Douglas ands Sean Penn some years ago.

You're right, The Game was underrated, Fincher is a great director.

You are the first person I know that has also seen this film. I remember seeing the trailer for it when we at the Lee Valley Odeon, but it never ever came on there, so ending up buying it on PPV.
Tbh we thought the trailer made it look funnier that it actually was on the whole

I've seen that film, enjoyed it a lot.

I had the mis fortune of humoring the Mrs and watching bad teacher with her....

it is terrible, even she wanted to change channel half hour in.

it's not funnny, cliche story, cringeworthy motives for the main character who is detestable in a bad way unlike breaking bad/ soprano's characters...

DO NOT WASTER 2 HOURS OF YOUR LIFE ON THIS CRAP

whilst i have no intention of watching the film, interesting you say detestable in a bad way unlike breaking bad characters. I detested the majority of them at the end of the show. Could have just been me though.

whilst i have no intention of watching the film, interesting you say detestable in a bad way unlike breaking bad characters. I detested the majority of them at the end of the show. Could have just been me though.

that is where I mentioned those films, although the main character is a bad guy... they are very likable through most the shows and I certaintly found my self routing for both of them!

Breakind Bad specifically did it very well, especially the Walter/ Hank stand off's

The thing about characters in Breaking Bad/Sopranos etc is that they go through an arc, so initially everybody liked Walt, but as his character spirals into Heisenberg, he is redeemed by who he once was, and the belief he can become that person once again.

I haven't seen all of Bad Teacher, only a few scenes. It seemed pretty crap though, hence me switching off. It seemed the same premise as Bad Santa, borderline alcoholic bumbling through life, encounter with kids changes life etc...

I'm not a fan of Cameron Diaz, did anyone see her in The Counselor? She started strumming herself off on a car windscreen? Whoever wrote that scene was on some heavy, fetishistic gear

Watching it tomorrow night. Wednesday is always cinema night, why? Because any of us without cinema cards get in free with Orange Wednesday. I have a card as is well publicised here, so get someone in for free, which I'm happy to do.

Anyone watched American Hustle yet? watched it last week and thought it was a total snorefest.

Thank you, someone agrees with me :lol:

I even gave it another chance and watched it again a few days later, It was slick and well made but I thought the ending was a poor, didn't care for any of the characters even though there were some funny moments and it was too damn long. I think a lot of people made up their mind about it even before they watched just because it has a great cast and a good director.

that is where I mentioned those films, although the main character is a bad guy... they are very likable through most the shows and I certaintly found my self routing for both of them!

Breakind Bad specifically did it very well, especially the Walter/ Hank stand off's

I couldnt stand either Walter or Hank to be fair. I couldnt wait for either to die. In fact the only person I liked was Saul,.

I just saw the Godfather for the first time in 10 years. Always thought it was a bit overrated, for some reason. Boy, was I wrong. What a movie! Can't wait to see 2 and 3 now. :)

I just saw the Godfather for the first time in 10 years. Always thought it was a bit overrated, for some reason. Boy, was I wrong. What a movie! Can't wait to see 2 and 3 now. :)

2 is, incredibly, better than the first film. 3, sadly, is not a patch on either of the others

Okay guys, I'm like right in the middle of season 3 so as soon as I saw Breaking Bad above, I had to skip over. Are the above posts spoilerific? Or can I read them?

I don't want another situation where I was surfing the web at lunch and found out that my fave character on The Wire got got, and it to be on the very next episode I was due to watch that night.

I'm already spewing that I bought seasons 3 and 4 on DVD and on the back cover of season 4 ...

Hank was in a wheelchair. ****s!!

I saw American Hustle and thought it was outstanding, actually. I thought that the four leads (Cooper, Bale, Adams, Lawrence) were all excellent in their parts. I thought the story was compelling and entertaining, and I appreciated that there was no outlandish gore just for the sake of outlandish gore, as there often is in these kinds of movies. I also found myself uncertain enough of how the plot was going to shake out that I was satisfied at the end.

Interesting how people can see the same film and have such different opinions!

I saw American Hustle and thought it was outstanding, actually. I thought that the four leads (Cooper, Bale, Adams, Lawrence) were all excellent in their parts. I thought the story was compelling and entertaining, and I appreciated that there was no outlandish gore just for the sake of outlandish gore, as there often is in these kinds of movies. I also found myself uncertain enough of how the plot was going to shake out that I was satisfied at the end.

Interesting how people can see the same film and have such different opinions!

Agreed...and with this critique in mind, give Wolf of Wall St a miss...3 tedious hours of boring frat boy largesse by a bunch of thieving stockbrokers. Yawn.

Back