• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched 12 Angry Men again over the weekend, and it reminded me why I rate it as my favourite all time movie.

An utter masterpiece.

Okay guys, I'm like right in the middle of season 3 so as soon as I saw Breaking Bad above, I had to skip over. Are the above posts spoilerific? Or can I read them?

I don't want another situation where I was surfing the web at lunch and found out that my fave character on The Wire got got, and it to be on the very next episode I was due to watch that night.

I'm already spewing that I bought seasons 3 and 4 on DVD and on the back cover of season 4 ...

Hank was in a wheelchair. ****s!!

yeah I wouldnt read them, specito be safe but they are more about how a bad guy as the main character can be strangely likely, Murmon disagreed
As for your spoiler, It doesnt ruin anything so you are good!

Watched 12 Angry Men again over the weekend, and it reminded me why I rate it as my favourite all time movie.

An utter masterpiece.

As someone who loves film, I am ashamed to say I have never seen it. That will change in the coming days. Thanks for the reminder mate...

Thank you, someone agrees with me :lol:

I even gave it another chance and watched it again a few days later, It was slick and well made but I thought the ending was a poor, didn't care for any of the characters even though there were some funny moments and it was too damn long. I think a lot of people made up their mind about it even before they watched just because it has a great cast and a good director.

Very slow, tries to be more clever than it is. Filled with dialogue but not so much fun action. Christian Bale's hair and stomach are just a distraction. Strong cast, and some good comedy lines, but overall somehow it's left feeling flat. I'm in no rush to watch again but would probably award three stars. It's not as good a film as it thinks it is.

Very slow, tries to be more clever than it is. Filled with dialogue but not so much fun action. Christian Bale's hair and stomach are just a distraction. Strong cast, and some good comedy lines, but overall somehow it's left feeling flat. I'm in no rush to watch again but would probably award three stars. It's not as good a film as it thinks it is.

Yeah that's exactly how I felt about it. Good performances from the leads but I genuinely didn't care about any of the characters. There's also the nostalgia effect, the film looks cooler/slicker because it was set in the 70s.

An utter masterpiece.

Great film. Only watched it for the first time about 6 months ago, but definitely falls into the category of an old classic that lives up to the hype.

Really enjoyed American Hustle last night. Amy Adams enjoys showing off her solar plexis, couldn't concentrate at some points.

Good performances by everyone, and even though it felt like Bale was doing a De Niro impression for most of the film, he was the show stealer.

Did not expect to see Louis C.K

An utter masterpiece.

Brilliant film!!

Sidney Lumet is a genius.

12 Angry Men
Dog Day Afternoon
Serpico
The Hill
Running On Empty

Watched Matchstick Men yesterday. Thought it was a bit cheesy and rubbish until the ending totally redeemed it. Very interesting when a film or book does that.

I have no idea who Louis CK is. Why does he use initials as his surname?

He played Stoddard, Bradley Cooper's ginger boss. He's an American comedian, in the vein of George Carlin who apparently convinced him to give comedy a serious go. His real name is Louis Szekely, which is pronounced as 'see-kay' so avoids confusion to use the initials

Got a knock off Nigel version of 12 Years a Slave to watch tonight. Haven't had a snide DVD in many a year, much prefer the cinema, but I really want to see this

Right just having come home from Oz and being on Sydney time I need to stay awake till at least 10pm tonight so have downloaded to watch

American Hustle
Anchorman 2
Lone Survivor
Dallas Buyers Club
12 Years a Slave

A good afternoon, evening's viewing if I can stay awake

Back