• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Yes, normally. DVD's provided to various media people/outlets for advanced viewing of the movies which invariably make their way to the streaming/torrent sites.

Noobroom has most of them on there at the moment, watched Lone Survivor last night, quite decent film tbh.

Wolf of Wall Street was a decent watch, almost 3 hours long and very true to Belfort's book which I've read...

I thought it was incredibly boring and was saddened to see a great like Scorcese cheapen himself with such a boring story. It reminded me of watching a 70 year old still trying to wear Diesel clothing; an old man trying to stay 'outrageous' and 'young'…I wished Belfort had done himself in after an hour, what a ****er.

I got Captain Philipps and Last Vegas - both look good.

CP is based on the Somalian pirates hijacking right? Looks good.

Last Vegas looks like a laugh.

I thought it was incredibly boring and was saddened to see a great like Scorcese cheapen himself with such a boring story. It reminded me of watching a 70 year old still trying to wear Diesel clothing; an old man trying to stay 'outrageous' and 'young'…I wished Belfort had done himself in after an hour, what a ****er.

I havent watched it, but will watch it today or tomorrow. Ive seen a fair few of Leo's movies lately and a lot of them seem very biographical and all in the same mold - Aviator, Great Gatsby to name but two. I think he is an excellent actor but that Scorcese/Leo partnership seems to be a bit repetitive. Leo reminds me of Daniel Day Lewis in that most of the movies seem to be the same of late.

Blood Diamond was awesome though. Shutter Island was very good.

12 Years A Slave was a great film but I don't think I could sit through it again as it's a very hard watch.

Really wanna see Inside Lleywn Davis, love the Coen Brothers!

12 Years A Slave was a great film but I don't think I could sit through it again as it's a very hard watch.

Really wanna see Inside Lleywn Davis, love the Coen Brothers!

Whats ILD about? Coen Brothers directed my favourite film of all time so I'm interested already.

Whats ILD about? Coen Brothers directed my favourite film of all time so I'm interested already.

Yeah No Country For Old Men is one of my favourite films, what's your favourite film then?

ILD is about the folk music scene in 1960s New York, it's loosely based on the life of Dave Van Ronk, or his music anyway.

Yeah No Country For Old Men is one of my favourite films, what's your favourite film then?

ILD is about the folk music scene in 1960s New York, it's loosely based on the life of Dave Van Ronk, or his music anyway.

The Big Lebowski.

But I also love NCFOM and Fargo too.

The Coen Brothers rarely disappoint, Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink were quality too.

I got Captain Philipps and Last Vegas - both look good.

CP is based on the Somalian pirates hijacking right? Looks good.

Last Vegas looks like a laugh.

Captain Philips was an enjoyable thriller, watched it at an IMAX and almost felt seasick at the start! Great performance from Hanks and the Somalians that portrayed the pirates.

Watched pain and gain last night and I enjoyed it. Also got 2 guns to watch later.

Also love the big lebowski and Fargo great films

I havent watched it, but will watch it today or tomorrow. Ive seen a fair few of Leo's movies lately and a lot of them seem very biographical and all in the same mold - Aviator, Great Gatsby to name but two. I think he is an excellent actor but that Scorcese/Leo partnership seems to be a bit repetitive. Leo reminds me of Daniel Day Lewis in that most of the movies seem to be the same of late.

Blood Diamond was awesome though. Shutter Island was very good.

Agreed. Time for a new muse Marty!

Also tried to sit through Only GHod forgives was told it was as good as Drive.What a pile of tripe had to turn it off after half hour what a let down . Rare that I have to turn a film off !

Bradley Cooper will be the leading actor in future, the number one star. I think he has picked excellent film roles, gave some terrific performances and has the look and style to be at the top. I think he has the right attitude too.

Just watched Amistad - decent film but seems a bit factually incorrect but didnt really care too much about that. It did surprise me as its more a courtroom movie than anything else. Didnt expect that

Matty McConaughey was brilliant though. Great actor.

Oscars nominations are announced on Thursday, here's my predictions for Best Picture, assuming it's 9 movies as it was last year:

12 Years A Slave
Gravity
Captain Phillips
American Hustle
Nebraska
Inside Lleywn Davis
The Wolf Of Wall Street
All Is Lost
Rush

Back