• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Just watched Prisoners - what a very very very good and gripping movie.

Just hate the ****in ending - being open ended etc. I hate that ****. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yup, I thought that it was a very good film, feels like it was years ago that I watched it, even if it was released only this year. I liked the ending as it allows you to choose what will happen, should everything be spoonfed to us?

Is that The Haunting in Connecticut 2? The first one was good.

Not at all up to speed on what's recent, but The Conjuring was OK. Nothing original about though. Kick Ass 2 sucked balls.

Scripts have generally been bad for years, butI find a lot of recent films look poor as well. Finally got round to Nolan's Batman trilogy and I was seriously underwhelmed. Acting sucked, directing sucked even more, terrible script and some scenes were completely ruined because it was so obvious it was a sound stage. I've seen better sets in the theater.

Sadly, I was referring to the Conjuring, it's just that when you get past 30, suddenly your brain doesn't want to remember everything.

Yup, I thought that it was a very good film, feels like it was years ago that I watched it, even if it was released only this year. I liked the ending as it allows you to choose what will happen, should everything be spoonfed to us?

When it comes to movies - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Its two and a half hours long, the least I expect is an ending, a conclusion. Thought provoking movies, I would understand, but not this type of movie, a whodunnit type movie.

But, movies are half about our imagination. The best movies are those which invoke both our emotions and our imaginations. We need to be on a ride, we need to experience what is happening, if we were just watching and didn't feel connected, we would be totally bored by it.

I can see why you might want a satisfactory conclusion, as you want the film to be rounded off so that you can go away knowing what happened. What would you have liked to have happened....

Spoilers..... obviously...

I think though that no ending, where perhaps they didn't know which way to end the film is a better ending than just sugar coating everything as happens too often in movies. One of the best endings to a film that I've seen is in the film Right At Your Door, well perhaps not the best ending but the one that I found most shocking.

As for good movies, I'm now watching The Prestige, it's such a good movie, certainly amongst my favourites.

But, movies are half about our imagination. The best movies are those which invoke both our emotions and our imaginations. We need to be on a ride, we need to experience what is happening, if we were just watching and didn't feel connected, we would be totally bored by it.

I can see why you might want a satisfactory conclusion, as you want the film to be rounded off so that you can go away knowing what happened. What would you have liked to have happened....

Spoilers..... obviously...

I think though that no ending, where perhaps they didn't know which way to end the film is a better ending than just sugar coating everything as happens too often in movies. One of the best endings to a film that I've seen is in the film Right At Your Door, well perhaps not the best ending but the one that I found most shocking.

As for good movies, I'm now watching The Prestige, it's such a good movie, certainly amongst my favourites.

Prestige and Illusionist are two of my favorite movies EVER.

Are you sure you watched Nolans Batmans?

Only decent thing about them was the Joker. Ledger did a good job with such a poorly written character.

Nolan tried to make things more realistic and dark, but failed completely IMO. Full of plot holes, contradictions and poorly developed characters. Reading on IMDB I see I'm not alone.

Prestige and Illusionist are two of my favorite movies EVER.

The Prestige is a clever film, full of hints, and can be interpreted in different ways. Don't think I'll ever tire of watching it. There's so much more to be learned from repeat viewings too.

I really wish that it was shown in the cinema again, would be great to see it there. Missed it first time around. :(

The Prestige is one of the best films ever made.

Nolan was brilliant before his head got too big with the Batman films. Prestige and Memento are two of my fave movies and both simply good writing and direction (and acting).

Time hasn't been kind to the Batmans. Dark Knight was all about Ledger. When you actually think about the set up of the movie and certain scenes, you realise it's actually pretty stupid.

Watched Mud the other day. Was excellent apart from the slightly unnecessary Hollywood shoot out at the finish. McConaughey is my favourite actor at the moment - Killer Joe, the Paper Boy and then this one. Seems to be making a lot of interesting, alternative flicks.

Watched Mud the other day. Was excellent apart from the slightly unnecessary Hollywood shoot out at the finish. McConaughey is my favourite actor at the moment - Killer Joe, the Paper Boy and then this one. Seems to be making a lot of interesting, alternative flicks.

He's good in The Lincoln Lawyer too.

Lincoln Lawyer, man, I just don't get that movie. Everything about it is just so plastic and unauthentic it's ridiculous. In the same mould as Limitless - what an absolute turd of a movie.

Mud was pretty good though, although a bit too long and dragged out, and the plot in the end is a bit rubbish, but decent movie. I saw 'Life During Wartime' the other day, Todd Solondz, guy behind Happiness, wasn't as good as Happiness, but a decent watch none the less.

Nolan was brilliant before his head got too big with the Batman films. Prestige and Memento are two of my fave movies and both simply good writing and direction (and acting).

Time hasn't been kind to the Batmans. Dark Knight was all about Ledger. When you actually think about the set up of the movie and certain scenes, you realise it's actually pretty stupid.

Batman Begins was decent, Dark Knight was over-long (and over-rated) and Rise was awful (in my opinion).

watched Blackfish last night, was decent enough - pretty sad in places but i didn't think it was a particularly well made documentary if im honest

Watched Star Wars Episode 1 for the first time in years tonight. Some bloody brilliant action set pieces, oh and **** you Jar Jar Binks! What were you thinking George?

Back