• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Just watched Prisoners - what a very very very good and gripping movie.

Just hate the ****in ending - being open ended etc. I hate that ****. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I didn't think it was open ended actually, to me it's pretty obvious what happens after the screen cuts to black.

Nolan was brilliant before his head got too big with the Batman films. Prestige and Memento are two of my fave movies and both simply good writing and direction (and acting).

Time hasn't been kind to the Batmans. Dark Knight was all about Ledger. When you actually think about the set up of the movie and certain scenes, you realise it's actually pretty stupid.

Prestige was a damn good movie. Also watched Insomnia yesterday, solid film.

Batman Begins was awesome except for Katie Holmes.

Dark Knight had some fantastic action scenes and Ledger was on top form, but it was half an hour too long and a little bit pretentious in places "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" I actually shouted out oh come on in the cinema!

Dark Knight Rises- Bane's voice ruined it but he was a good villain, think they needed a formiddable physical presence for Batman to fight. Again, 45 minutes too long, it's a comic book film not Heat.

I didn't think it was open ended actually, to me it's pretty obvious what happens after the screen cuts to black.

Not that obvious - I mean if it was me and I was Jake Gyllenhal (he wishes he was me) id have just ignored things and wandered off haha. You never know man.

RE Prisoners: I loved the way that all of the main characters were in a prison, either physically or mentally. very clever, well directed and acted movie.

Going to see Nebraska on Saturday. Saw the trailer and thought it looked good. Lately I've been seeing lots of action movies with lots of big explosions, dramatic scenes scored with moving symphonies playing in the minor keys, usual formulaic dross. I like a quirky independent movie about rather mundane things but big characters, so I am looking forward to this.

Prestige was a damn good movie. Also watched Insomnia yesterday, solid film.

Batman Begins was awesome except for Katie Holmes.

Dark Knight had some fantastic action scenes and Ledger was on top form, but it was half an hour too long and a little bit pretentious in places "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" I actually shouted out oh come on in the cinema!

Dark Knight Rises- Bane's voice ruined it but he was a good villain, think they needed a formiddable physical presence for Batman to fight. Again, 45 minutes too long, it's a comic book film not Heat.

The Rock as Bane would have been awesome. These are comic book characters, trying so hard to make them more realistic, but having all those ridiculous gadgets and stunts don't fit.

RE Prisoners: I loved the way that all of the main characters were in a prison, either physically or mentally. very clever, well directed and acted movie.

Its an excellent movie and gripping.

I think im gonna watch Gone Bbay Gone and Mystic Rivers - as theyre supposed to be similiar.

Its an excellent movie and gripping.

I think im gonna watch Gone Bbay Gone and Mystic Rivers - as theyre supposed to be similiar.

Gone Baby Gone...AMAZING!!

Mystic River - Really good but more hard hitting and dour.

(If you didn't already know) Dennis Lehane (who wrote both) was one of the writers of The Wire.

I'd suggest reading all his novels also. The Kenzie/Gennaro series (which is the characters from GBG) is brilliant but his stand alone books (Mystic River/Shutter Island/Live By Night) are also amazing.

(If you didn't already know) Dennis Lehane (who wrote both) was one of the writers of The Wire.

I'd suggest reading all his novels also. The Kenzie/Gennaro series (which is the characters from GBG) is brilliant but his stand alone books (Mystic River/Shutter Island/Live By Night) are also amazing.

Ill watch both although really hate dour stuff but in the same style as Prisoners so must be good.

I may read the books but not so much a reader now unfortunately. ill just watch the movies.

Yeah Mystic River is a bit depressing.

Gone Baby Gone was a very good film. Without giving anything away, I think the main character did the right thing in the end.

Going to see Nebraska on Saturday. Saw the trailer and thought it looked good. Lately I've been seeing lots of action movies with lots of big explosions, dramatic scenes scored with moving symphonies playing in the minor keys, usual formulaic dross. I like a quirky independent movie about rather mundane things but big characters, so I am looking forward to this.

Hated this movie. Really looked forward to it as this was directed by Alexander Payne who also directed The Descendants which I loved, but Nebraska was so disappointing.

Does anyone here enjoy the film 21 grams? I've only seen it once and thought that it was crap, but was considering giving it a second chance as I know how well regarded it seems to have been.

Does anyone here enjoy the film 21 grams? I've only seen it once and thought that it was crap, but was considering giving it a second chance as I know how well regarded it seems to have been.

The editing keeps you glued for the first half, but as you start to piece things together it quickly loses any grip it had on you. The final 20-30 minutes is a drag.

Anyone seen the family with De Niro - gonna watch it tonight. Better be funny although I have a feeling its gonna be ****e.

Watched Alpha Papa last week - it was ok'ish but not great.

Watched Gone Baby Gone - I wouldnt say it was as good as Prisoners (Prisoners had me engrossed) but the ending was SO much better.

Not sure id do what Patrick but I do like how it leaves you pondering the question - if you would do what he did.

there's something i don't like about Sean Penn, puts me off any movie he's in.

thought it was a good movie overall, was a bit of a slog to get through though.

prisoners worth a watch then guys?

Watched Gone Baby Gone - I wouldnt say it was as good as Prisoners (Prisoners had me engrossed) but the ending was SO much better.

Not sure id do what Patrick but I do like how it leaves you pondering the question - if you would do what he did.

I think he did the right thing.

Back