• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

The first one is good....for a kids film (and that's not an insult because it is a film for kids/teenagers). I will be watching the second because my daughter loves it.

But if you want the real deal watch Battle Royale.

The first one is good....for a kids film (and that's not an insult because it is a film for kids/teenagers). I will be watching the second because my daughter loves it.

But if you want the real deal watch Battle Royale.

Own the DVD and have watched it countless times.

Hunger Games does seem like a watered down version of Battle Royale with more chit chat but it's enjoyable as a film that won't offend anyone. I wouldn't say it's top of my list of films for the year but it did what I expected; provided entertainment for a couple of hours.

I can totally understand why people would find the films boring though. There were elements of the film which, due to chit chat and speed of plot unravelling, seemed dull. I can't say whether the film is a faithful adaptation of the book, as I haven't read the book.

Own the DVD and have watched it countless times.

Hunger Games does seem like a watered down version of Battle Royale with more chit chat but it's enjoyable as a film that won't offend anyone. I wouldn't say it's top of my list of films for the year but it did what I expected; provided entertainment for a couple of hours.

I can totally understand why people would find the films boring though. There were elements of the film which, due to chit chat and speed of plot unravelling, seemed dull. I can't say whether the film is a faithful adaptation of the book, as I haven't read the book.

Took my daughter to see it last week and she says its stays really close to the book,she loves the films,the film is 2 and half hours long it does lag a little at the begining but once the games start it does get quite tense ,and picks up a lot.
Theirs another two films to go,one next year and another in 2015 plus they are thinking of building a hunger games section in orlando somewhere,not sure if it involves killing other kids though!!!

Watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty tonight. The film is a grower, starts off slow and with you questioning why you're watching but, as the film develops, you'll likely find yourself getting more in to the movie as it's sense of fun and the character of Walter Mitty leave you engaged in an entertaining, if not award worthy, film.

taking Nephews to watch Hunger games tomorrow at the 02. There sister has seen it twice.. and loved it.

Do I need to see the first one.?

Watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty tonight. The film is a grower, starts off slow and with you questioning why you're watching but, as the film develops, you'll likely find yourself getting more in to the movie as it's sense of fun and the character of Walter Mitty leave you engaged in an entertaining, if not award worthy, film.

Have you ever read the book? We read it at school and wondered if the film is as good as the book, or better

Blackfish is good, I normally watch those kinda' docs thinking they are just out to get the bad guys and twist the truth a bit, much like that Dolphin one that won the Oscar a few years back, but didn't get that impression with Blackfish.

What about 2014? Nothing announced that grabs you. I like the look of the new Liam Neeson movie out in Feb

There's a few I want to see
Wolf of Wall Street , grand Budapest hotel, monuments men , Fury and Out of the furnace to name a few in 2014.

There's also a new sin city film so hopefully a good year for films.
The only film I saw in cinema this year was Django and took the little one to see despicable me 2 enjoyed which Really enjoyed.
Was it really that bad a year for films?I think we are seeing a golden age of TV series's at the moment tho.

There's a few I want to see
Wolf of Wall Street , grand Budapest hotel, monuments men , Fury and Out of the furnace to name a few in 2014.

There's also a new sin city film so hopefully a good year for films.
The only film I saw in cinema this year was Django and took the little one to see despicable me 2 enjoyed which Really enjoyed.
Was it really that bad a year for films?I think we are seeing a golden age of TV series's at the moment tho.

Apart from Django Unchained, Alan Partridge, This Is The End, Zero Dark Thirty and Captain Philips the majority of 2013' big releases have been disappointing imo... Elysium was no District 9, Gravity was no Moon and there was a plethora of inferior comic book sequels like Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Man Of Steel, Wolverine, Kick Ass 2... Not forgetting The Hangover III and The World' End which were both the least funny instalments of their respective trilogies.

2012 wasn't much better at the cinema iirc but 2011 had quite a few quality releases which kept me going to the local Odeon multiplex on Orange Wednesdays: Senna, Hugo, Drive, True Grit, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Inbetweeners, X-Men First Class, Black Swan...

But you're right about it being a great era for TV shows with Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire setting a very high standard and making most movies look very poorly written in comparison.

Back