• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Gibbs is levels below him but would live off his Villa goal for at least 15-20 weeks at least like a small mouse off bread crums

Clichy has regressed below Kolarov this season and much like his buddy Nasri has been given a taste of the reaility as nothing more than a squad player at a very, very rich club. No games = no confidence = no form

Last edited:
I always thought this thread was a celebration of disco Benny's coolness and being seemingly a decent human being. I do not think anyone has ever claimed that he is a perfect footballer.. Benny is liked because he doesn't go in for the bling super rich footballer lifestyle. He seems to live his life simply and really seems to care about what happens around him and in the world.

Yes he makes mistakes and switches off but I think most of us think he is a pretty fine left back. What has to be remembered is that with Bale doing his roaming thing, Benny has less support on his side.

I will still curse him and groan when he makes a mistake or goes to sleep but as a person i think he's a legend.

I'm interested in your views

ha, i'm wise to your tricks. you always do that and lure me into a long winded explanation of my thoughts

...not this time sucker. needless to say that you know my view about BAE. i think he is great but he does have his faults too, ya know what i mean. but for people to stick baines in there? fudging hell.....thats just confusing to me. set pieces and crossing aside what can this guy do defensively thats significantly better than BAE???

ha, i'm wise to your tricks. you always do that and lure me into a long winded explanation of my thoughts

...not this time sucker. needless to say that you know my view about BAE. i think he is great but he does have his faults too, ya know what i mean. but for people to stick baines in there? fudging hell.....thats just confusing to me. set pieces and crossing aside what can this guy do defensively thats significantly better than BAE???

i for one wouldnt say Baines is significantly better, id say his defending is on par with Ekotto but Baines slightly edges in front, slightly, with his set pieces and crossing

I think after Evra, and an in form Cole which isnt the case now, there isnt much to choose between the other top left backs in the Premier League(Ekotto, Baines, Enrique being those top left backs)

i for one wouldnt say Baines is significantly better, id say his defending is on par with Ekotto but Baines slightly edges in front, slightly, with his set pieces and crossing

I think after Evra, and an in form Cole which isnt the case now, there isnt much to choose between the other top left backs in the Premier League(Ekotto, Baines, Enrique being those top left backs)

i dont think you've ever really focused on baines defending. if you did you'd see that its him and one other defending the winger. BAE on the other hand doesnt have that luxury cause Bale doesnt track back nearly enough (always waiting for the counter)..baines is positionally okay but his one v one skills are eye bulginly scary. the guy cannot cope with wingers or people going at him

evra is another one thats been getting by on reputation recently

defensively speaking i would say that cole is provbably the best, all round left back? i would say that enrique is the best or at least on par with cole and whoever esle has that mantle

this baines things has me stumped, if we had him and if he had bale infront of him our left side would be a defensive disaster (mainly cause he hasnt got walkers pace to recover)

It is not speculation hust because you disagree with it. Those posts are facts - they have been and are being made. And none of those are related to his footballing abilites

The general content of posts in BAE related threads mostly focus around either on (or all) of the following

- his hairstyle
- his trainers
- his oyster card
- his Smart Car/A1
- his latest non-chalant interview
- his French accent
- his 'swagger'
- his music choice
- etc.

Bias is derrived from a general infatuation with his character - that is all

Why don't you read the first post in this thread?

In case you can't be arsed, or your iPhone won't let you go back that far:

"Only positive stuff goes in here.

@AssouEkotto: Swansea!! We beleve in U LOL

I don't mind admitting that I man love Benoit.

He is the epitome of cool. This thread is to celebrate his greatness."

Now:

gtfo.png

Last edited:
One of the reasons I really like Ekotto as a footballer and rate him higher than someone like Baines (even though Baines is a better crosser and set play taker and... that's about it)

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/11580/Show/Benoit-Assou-Ekotto

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8222

Average passes per game:

Ekotto: 60.2
Baines: 40

I wish we had more players who wanted the ball as much as Ekotto does, and were as comfortable on the ball, with such a reliable first touch to receive the ball under a bit of pressure and keep us playing Tottenham football.

Benoit is the shiz

Our most consistent player for about 3 seasons

I can post a video of Enrique getting owned for Liverpool, but I won't

All players make mistakes. Benoit makes mistakes. Baines and Enrique make just as many

But next time you go to a game, count on both hands the "positives" and "negatives" of Benoit

You will very quickly run out of fingers for the positives

I doubt you will make 5 fingers on the negatives

I heart Benoit, because he is a Spurs player through and through

He has the swagger, style and technique that I want in a Spurs player

In summary, I heart Benoit, like I heart Spurs

Anybody that doesn't heart Benoit, has a little bit of gooner blood in them

LOL

Benoit Assou-Ekotto (@AssouEkotto)
27/03/2012 11:26
Bolton'd like 2 win the game 4 Fab So this gam ll b very hard But we hv 2 win We play enought game lik that n the next 1 is Wembley Coys Lol

Seems like a top bloke which can only be good in and around the dressing room. I've really warmed to him, this season especially, and we're lucky to have him.

He's a playmaking left-back, which is extremely rare in the modern game, where they're all either stolid, dour defensive types or devil-may-care Alves types. That alone makes him worth keeping, in my book. And that's without getting to his magnificent ability to keep the ball in play, his awe-inspiring hair or even just his all-round likeability.

It would be a crying shame if we let him go and replaced him with no-nonsense Leighton Baines or someone similar.

He's a playmaking left-back, which is extremely rare in the modern game

Could you possibly elaborate on that point describing who you've arrived at this conclusion / position which quite frankly I have never heard of before.

Is it because he can pass the ball reasonably well to Modric?

Back