• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
I also feel Hiddink would be able to get us going from the off.

Hiddink has taken the Dutch job starting after the WC.

However, I suppose there is some tiny, tiny glimmer that he'd do a caretaker job at Spurs for a few months with essentially zero downside for him. He'd know he was off in summer anyway, so it'd be a big paycheck with shag-all to lose. If he fails, meh, that would be par for the course in a crisis situation, and if he succeeds there's considerable kudos.

Could he be arsed? I'd say almost certainly not. Unless, I suppose, Levy offered him a lot of gold, because I think Guus rather likes his gold.

Would be worth a phone call, although chances are exceptionally low he'd fall for it like a sucker take up the offer.

When you think about it a stand in of Hiddink and then transitioning to DE Boer would be a good way to go. That way the philosophy of the football would transition from one to the other. It would work out time wise for Hiddink and also then for DE boer to finish his season at Ajax before coming to us.

Hiddink has taken the Dutch job starting after the WC.

However, I suppose there is some tiny, tiny glimmer that he'd do a caretaker job at Spurs for a few months with essentially zero downside for him. He'd know he was off in summer anyway, so it'd be a big paycheck with shag-all to lose. If he fails, meh, that would be par for the course in a crisis situation, and if he succeeds there's considerable kudos.

Could he be arsed? I'd say almost certainly not. Unless, I suppose, Levy offered him a lot of gold, because I think Guus rather likes his gold.

Would be worth a phone call, although chances are exceptionally low he'd fall for it like a sucker take up the offer.

Agreed. Our chances of landing him are very slim to non-existent. Isn't he also still on the payroll at Cheatski in some sort of advisory role? Roman would attempt to block any moves if we did try to get him in as well. I feel it would be an absolute coup if we did get him for the remainder of the season, and I feel i've read somewhere that he's ruled himself out of the running anyway. That could just be paper talk to fill up a few more inches though.

cheers for the link KD - i don't remember that Sherwood/Hoddle spat

screw it - appoint them together anyway, it will be even more fun

So some top teams are after AVB it seems. I for one hope he gets another good john where he will be appreciated and given some time. Yes Im bitter.

When you think about it a stand in of Hiddink and then transitioning to DE Boer would be a good way to go. That way the philosophy of the football would transition from one to the other. It would work out time wise for Hiddink and also then for DE boer to finish his season at Ajax before coming to us.

We've got absolutely nothing to offer Hiddink.

Also, just because they are Dutch, they are from very different traditions. FDB is Ajax and Barcelona, whereas Hiddink is PSV and Madrid.

If we want someone who isn't too busy at the moment who'd be ideal to establish a platform for FDB, then his mentor Johan Cruyff might be worth sounding out?

So some top teams are after AVB it seems. I for one hope he gets another good john where he will be appreciated and given some time. Yes Im bitter.

He'll go to Milan very shortly IMO.

They are on the verge of sacking Massimiliano Allegri and AVB is well-known/highly-regarded in the city from his time with Inter.

Actually nothing really new in here except that Hiddink has turned us down too. However the article is thin on...um....journalism.

Tottenham dealt double Dutch snub as Frank De Boer & Guus Hiddink turn them down

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-dealt-double-dutch-snub-2944122?

Wait, are people seriously in favour of Steve Clarke?

You hate on Technical Tim because of a lack of experience, but would love Steve Clarke who managed West Brom for all of 50 games? Okay.

You hate on Technical Tim because of a lack of experience, but would love Steve Clarke who managed West Brom for all of 50 games? Okay.

Sorry to deviate, but I am seriously considering changing my Best Avatar vote now. Sorry Nigey!

Actually nothing really new in here except that Hiddink has turned us down too. However the article is thin on...um....journalism.

Tottenham dealt double Dutch snub as Frank De Boer & Guus Hiddink turn them down

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-dealt-double-dutch-snub-2944122?

This is interesting:

"Levy rates Sherwood highly and would like to see him succeed but Baldini is believed to be championing De Boer for his style of play and management philosophy."

Having Baldini in post - an experienced and shrewd footballing man as a counterbalance to Levy - is the only thing that gives me any hope at this point in time.

This is interesting:

"Levy rates Sherwood highly and would like to see him succeed but Baldini is believed to be championing De Boer for his style of play and management philosophy."

Having Baldini in post - an experienced and shrewd footballing man as a counterbalance to Levy - is the only thing that gives me any hope at this point in time.

Would make very little sense if Levy went against the recommendations of Baldini for appointing a new manager, considering Baldini brought in 7 players for us this summer. Would not make sense at all.

This is interesting:

If that's the case, then it seems we will have Sherwood for the rest of the season, with an attempt made to get De Boer in the summer (if Sherwood f**ks up the remainder of the season). If Sherwood does really well, then he'll be given the job (and rightly so).

This is interesting:

But aren't you highly critical of the decision to sack AVB? Baldini was likely the prime mover on that, moreso than even Levy I imagine. If Baldini had said to Levy: "I can see what AVB is trying to do, I've seen his chalkboards, I've seen the telemetry on player fitness...the whole thing will work in time" then I very seriously doubt Levy would have moved unilaterally.

You can't have it both ways and say Baldini is a shrewd football man and then hammer the sacking of AVB.

Most people seem to have problems with Deadwood because he's a cretin and thick. He's complete lack of experience of managing adults and love of championship-style football are other issues obviously too.

Clarke did a proper apprenticeship (alongside AVB) under Mourinho and 18-month's recent experience as the main man puts him ahead of many candidates.

I don't like the idea of interim, I would rather we hire someone who is desperate to manage us and would happily walk away from their current gig for the opportunity

If that's the case, then it seems we will have Sherwood for the rest of the season, with an attempt made to get De Boer in the summer (if Sherwood f**ks up the remainder of the season). If Sherwood does really well, then he'll be given the job (and rightly so).

I think Baldini might be concerned to protect his expensive signings from the damage (even a short) a Sherwood reign would do to them. At least you know AVB would have eventually introduced Lamela and Eriksen ahead of Townsend and Siggy, but that's never going to happen now.

Or maybe Baldini might look to loan our technical players out in January to shelter them out of the way?

Back