• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
I think Levy will get FDB - just unsure if it will be NOW or waiting till the summer. I think we will wait till the summer and in the meantime get in Hoddle

In my eyes we have to get top 4 this season, this is the season to be doing it with all the managerial changes at the top of the league along with all the players we purchased, I don't feel we can afford to write another season off on being transitional. I will be really angry if Levy has got us to this point without having a successor to AVB already lined up, and one with the pedigree to achieve those kind of results. Sherwood if placed in charge until the summer will not get us top 4 his lack of experience will see to that, and the ramifications of that failure could well see disharmony increase around the squad. This is a huge moment for our club and one which I feel decidedly uneasy about for the first time under Levy.

I wouldn't mind big Malky having a go actually.

I agree. He's done well at Cardiff, and even Levy would seem like a step up from that madman they currently have in charge at the CCS. Giving him the next five months + a three year deal at the end of the season if hits certain objectives (top six, or top eight + either the EL or the FA Cup) would probably make sense for both parties. We get a decent stop-gap manager (in lieu of installing a permanent manager, seeing as apparently we didn't bother putting out feelers for one before giving AVB das boot), and Mackay gets to add a prestigious job to his CV.

Actually Brendan it was only the intervention of the owner Henry that put a stop to the sale of Suarez. If I remember correctly Rodgers was spouting lines containing words like 'disrespect' and 'everyone has their price'.

It is a ridiculous comparison anyway. It is slightly easier to keep hold of a player when it is Arsenal trying with a silly bid, rather than when it is Real Madrid with a world record bid. Let's see how strong Liverpool are if Real, Barca or Bayern come in the summer with 70/80 million.

I think Levy will get FDB - just unsure if it will be NOW or waiting till the summer. I think we will wait till the summer and in the meantime get in Hoddle

not necesarily wait for FDB, but i do think we'll wait until summer and have a Hoddle/Sherwood team until the end of the season

and you know what, at this stage im quite up for that - it'll be fun again! like it's 2002

not necesarily wait for FDB, but i do think we'll wait until summer and have a Hoddle/Sherwood team until the end of the season

and you know what, at this stage im quite up for that - it'll be fun again! like it's 2002

We have very different ideas of what fun is. :~

That will work well being that they hate eachother.

In my eyes we have to get top 4 this season, this is the season to be doing it with all the managerial changes at the top of the league along with all the players we purchased, I don't feel we can afford to write another season off on being transitional. I will be really angry if Levy has got us to this point without having a successor to AVB already lined up, and one with the pedigree to achieve those kind of results. Sherwood if placed in charge until the summer will not get us top 4 his lack of experience will see to that, and the ramifications of that failure could well see disharmony increase around the squad. This is a huge moment for our club and one which I feel decidedly uneasy about for the first time under Levy.

I'm more concerned about the bottom 4 than the top 4 at this point in time. We are in crisis and broken.

oh really!? i must have missed that.
where has it come from? im guessing from when Hoddle was manager before

Sherwood launches Hoddle attack
Tim Sherwood
Sherwood left Spurs for Portsmouth in January
Former Tottenham skipper Tim Sherwood has joined the criticism of Glenn Hoddle, reportedly saying the Spurs boss should be sacked if the north London club wants success.
Hoddle came under fire this week over Spurs' decision to release Teddy Sheringham at the end of the season.

And Sherwood, who had four years at White Hart Lane before joining Division One title-winners Portsmouth in January says Hoddle's approach has alienated Spurs players.

HAVE YOUR SAY
I'm disgusted with Mr Sherwood but what do you expect from a player who spends more time moaning at the ref then actually playing football
Ian Lineker Smith
Join the 606 debate
"No one at Tottenham would shed a single tear if Glenn Hoddle was sacked tomorrow," Sherwood told The Sun.

"The only way they will bring success back to Tottenham is through a change of manager.

"The dressing room is not together and there is no team spirit. Nobody is busting a gut for the manager.

"The kids have far more respect for guys like Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Steffen Freund than they do for Hoddle.

"They all turn to the experienced pros for encouragement and advice because the manager won't accept anyone else's point of view and just leaves them all confused.

"The way Hoddle has treated a senior player like Freund is an absolute disgrace. And the decision to release Teddy is entirely down to him.

"When Hoddle was appointed two years ago, there were people at the club who saw him as the GHod of White Hart Lane. But it certainly hasn't worked out that way.

There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself
Glenn Hoddle
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that there is a major problem at the club. And you don't have to be a genius to work out what that problem is."

Hoddle dismissed Sherwood's verbal assault, saying: "I haven't got much to say.

"All I will say on that very, very quickly would be that it's strange that nine months ago he was desperate to stay at this club.

"I was honest enough to let him know that we wouldn't extend his contract.

"As soon as that happened his tune soon changed and has had an axe to grind since then.

"What he probably will not want to let you know is that he was out seven months with a knee injury. He was out from pre-season right through to Christmas.

Hoddle added: "There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself to that level."

Whoever we want long term, surely has to come in the summer so that they get a preseason under their belt to get their ideas across. It's not funny, but if you had to put your money on one manager to come in now and hit the ground running, it would be Harry.

Whoever we want long term, surely has to come in the summer so that they get a preseason under their belt to get their ideas across. It's not funny, but if you had to put your money on one manager to come in now and hit the ground running, it would be Harry.

I also feel Hiddink would be able to get us going from the off.

What a mess. I can see Hoddle installed next week after a poor showing versus Southampton. Who knows how that will play out but he has one advantage over Tim in that he has some experience at least.

Back