• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

The Athletic reporting it’s off too. I’m delighted it won’t be him but this is now crossed into the realms of parody.

It really is a roller coaster supporting this club. Never change Tottenham. fudge winning, this is more character building.

Glorified West ham?

Are there actually any verified sources saying we actually talked to Gattuso?

Sounds like a media circus drummed up by Mendes to pump up his puppet using us because we don't have a manager. Much like the speculation linking us to certain players purely to try and drive interest by bigger clubs.

Easy to throw this at Levy's door but it looks like superficial join the dots from the media to me.
It’s literally been the same for four or five managers now. Someone claims Spurs are in talks with a manager, everyone jumps on with ‘deal close’, followed by nothing, then ‘oh deal has collapsed’. If people seriously believe we have been on the verge of signing up four/five managers only for them all to fall through they need their heads wobbling. I don’t doubt ‘feelers’ were put out, but the way some are hanging on the same sources’ info every time is ridiculous. Glasgowspur called it right yesterday as BS, but incredible how many still get suckered in. The power of social media eh…..

I can only imagine if the interest in Gattuso was real it was to do with perceived name recognition as well as the Italy link. Levy strikes me a fairly superficial follower of football (the docu confirmed that) and the name Gattuso would have resonated more than Fonseca for him.

There is also the possibility that Paratici knows something of his coaching style and thought he might be a suitable choice.

Not filling me with confidence but I'll worry about who the coach actually is when they announce him.

Ps. Maybe this is our way of trying to negotiate a lower salary for Fonseca by using the Levy's classic "we are looking at other options so sign now on our terms" tactic? [emoji848]

So are any of our morally righteous going to offer an apology to Levy?
Judging before the facts are out, what's that called again?
After all less than 12 hours ago this was a "done deal" according to the press.
A deal done in less than 8 hours (which considering levys track record marks it as a huge pile of stinking, steaming bull brick).
News leaked by brick sources.
And if Kilpatrick and his ilk have sources at the club why are confirming rumours put out by these twitter idiots and not the club?
Surely their club sources would be the ones giving the info.

Paratici could just as easily have spoken with Gattuso (who let's assume he knows) to find out what happened at Fiorentina, and then three hours later it's reported that he's agreed to sign a 2 year deal.

What I don't understand is how we can't just speak to say Gattuso without apparently burning our bridges with Fonseca. I met my wife while dating another girl, but I didn't tell any of them before I knew 100% that I wanted to go for my wife (i didn't actually see the first girl after having met my wife though, for the record). A pretty basic strategy when choosing between options. :p

Reactions: DTA
So are any of our morally righteous going to offer an apology to Levy?
Judging before the facts are out, what's that called again?
After all less than 12 hours ago this was a "done deal" according to the press.
A deal done in less than 8 hours (which considering levys track record marks it as a huge pile of stinking, steaming bull brick).
News leaked by brick sources.
And if Kilpatrick and his ilk have sources at the club why are confirming rumours put out by these twitter idiots and not the club?
Surely their club sources would be the ones giving the info.

An apology for what?

Taking months to appoint a manager?

What I don't understand is how we can't just speak to say Gattuso without apparently burning our bridges with Fonseca. I met my wife while dating another girl, but I didn't tell any of them before I knew 100% that I wanted to go for my wife (i didn't actually see the first girl after having met my wife though, for the record). A pretty basic strategy when choosing between options. :p

That's one of the reasons why the whole thing has an air of media around it. The Italian media, where this began I believe, are not averse to linking anything that moves in Italy with us (and probably any PL club). And when the person you are supposedly talking to is linked with Mendes, who may have an interest at that particular time to have his client's name out there, then the circumstances are ripe for media exploitation.
If reports that we had actually agreed terms with Lopetegui but he had backed out due to family issues are true, then those discussions were kept pretty much under wraps at the time - apart from some seemingly spot on ITK from @Finney Is Back, so it can be done.
I would like to know what happened with Fonseca though. Was it the tax implications of leaving Italy at this time, or was there something else that made us back away. Or is it all still going ahead.

Back