• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

OK, who is going to put their money down? I say it is now either

Benitez (if Everton brick out)
Martinez

I would like Potter but he'd run a thousand miles from this wouldn't he?

I think it’s definitely going to be Martinez or Southgate.
I don’t know why people keep banging on about Southgate, we’ve had naff all links with him and that’s saying something considering we’ve been linked with everyone:D Martinez we have at least had lurking links in the background and will likely leave after this tournament, there has been nothing to suggest Southgate is going anywhere, least of all here…..

Also, also... he is a bit brick as a manager.

Completely. He hasnt really done much in any of his jobs and generally been fired or resigned quite quickly. We can forget about 'building something' if he's in charge

One Copa Italia shouldnt really qualify him for teh Spurs job

Reactions: DTA
Are there actually any verified sources saying we actually talked to Gattuso?

Sounds like a media circus drummed up by Mendes to pump up his puppet using us because we don't have a manager. Much like the speculation linking us to certain players purely to try and drive interest by bigger clubs.

Easy to throw this at Levy's door but it looks like superficial join the dots from the media to me.

I’d be stunned if it was him. I feel like something else is going on here

As I said yesterday, maybe its that Mendes has said 'if you take Gattuso as manager and pay me a few million, I'll deliver you a few decent players'

Still dont think he's qualified for the job though, and a half decent DoF would have turned down the above proposal from Mendes

Ok, so Levy has said nothing. Are you saying you believe that Levy has spoken to 0 managers?

I believe we spoke to Conte. I believe we spoke to Fonseca. I see that the most well connected and reputable journalists, who clearly have a line into the club and who the club use, had been talking about Paratici for what felt like a month before he was officially announced. So I think it's a stretch to say they 'made it up for clicks' when it suits an argument to defend the club, but they actually knew something when it comes to Paratici. It is not that they were wrong, it is that they ask the club, and the club tells them what it wants.

Why is the concept of a club using PR, when it employs a senior PR executive on its executive team, such a hard concept for people to grasp on here? The idea that journalists, good, reputable and connected journalists, 'make it up for clicks' is childish and naïve. It doesn't mean everything a good journalist says will come true, but more often than not their sources are from one side or another, and those sources have agendas, and they are using the media to shape public opinion in their favour. I am talking specifically about Gold, Dan KP, Jack-Pitt-Brooke, and Matt Law. Not the gossip column in The Sun's back pages.

I'm defending no one.
I'm just not prepared to condemn a man on rumours, especially when the last serious of rumours from the last sources have turned out to be wrong.
You yourself admit you know nothing about what is going on, and yet for weeks you have been laying into Levy and the club.

The Athletic reporting it’s off too. I’m delighted it won’t be him but this is now crossed into the realms of parody.

It really is a roller coaster supporting this club. Never change Tottenham. fudge winning, this is more character building.

Sounds like a media circus drummed up by Mendes to pump up his puppet using us because we don't have a manager. Much like the speculation linking us to certain players purely to try and drive interest by bigger clubs.

Easy to throw this at Levy's door but it looks like superficial join the dots from the media to me.

Let's see what happens with Fonseca. If this was purely bs then we should still be talking to him.

Reactions: DTA

Even if there’s nothing in it (and I’m doubtful on that myself) what’s happened with Fonseca?

It’s hard to imagine this being handled worse from a PR perspective.

Back