• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think the club is back to the 'financially ruined' Irvine Scholar days, honest.

With the combination of the pandemic and stadium, I had a feeling this was the case but Levy's interview and this managerial mess confirms it to me.
I don’t think we are financially ‘ruined’ but we are certainly having to tighten the belt considerably. I suspect the club is looking to significantly cut the wage bill this year and perhaps also run at a transfer profit. That will make it very hard to attract a top tier, or even second tier manager. If we continue our downward trend over the next year or two then we’ll lose our advantageous position in terms of our UEFA coefficient points just as they become really important. This summer is actually the time for investment but we’re already maxed out on the credit cards and it seems our owners have no intention of investing or diluting their stake to inject capital.

How do you know the club were talking to gattuso?

I think many media outlets have progressed on this story, not just the social media outlets.

I dont believe everything I read, but the media does get stories right also.

There are enough credible journalists to suggest that this story took place.

Honest questions. Are you a libertarian? Do you feel all views should be allowed to be held by people without challenge (racist views, sexist views, anti-Semitic views etc.)? I agree that many so-called progressives can be intolerant, but the actions of a few should not cloud the issue - and the issue is that if Gattuso does not believe in same sex marriage, that is a problem. If Gattuso doesn't believe women have a place in football, that is a problem (especially as we have a women's team), and if Gattuso holds racist views that is a problem too.
If Guttuso doesn’t believe in same sex marriage then that is no problem IMO, that is a belief he is entitled to have and should have no bearing on his employment. I don’t share that view on same sex marriage myself but everyone is entitled to their opinion. The women in football comment is slightly different as it is directly related to his field of work…. Luckily it seems irrelevant to us anyway now as he’s not going to be employed by our club.

I think many media outlets have progressed on this story, not just the social media outlets.

I dont believe everything I read, but the media does get stories right also.

There are enough credible journalists to suggest that this story took place.
The media and social media are all the same - they all jump on each other stories because they need the click throughs and can’t be seen to miss out. They all jump in prematurely and if it doesn’t happen, they can just make up BS about how the deal dramatically collapsed.

Levy basically said a load of the media stories have been nonsense, and Glendas Legs made a very good point that the manager in Spain who we were actually close to getting no one picked up on at the time when that was actually close. Funny that…..

So are any of our morally righteous going to offer an apology to Levy?
Judging before the facts are out, what's that called again?
After all less than 12 hours ago this was a "done deal" according to the press.
A deal done in less than 8 hours (which considering levys track record marks it as a huge pile of stinking, steaming bull brick).
News leaked by brick sources.
And if Kilpatrick and his ilk have sources at the club why are confirming rumours put out by these twitter idiots and not the club?
Surely their club sources would be the ones giving the info.
I’m sure lots of us will apologise to Levy when he delivers a top tier manager and backs him with new players early in the window so he has a fighting chance of achieving something with the season. I certainly would and little would give me more pleasure. Do I think it will happen?…. Unfortunately not.

Last edited:
The media and social media are all the same - they all jump on each other stories because they need the click throughs and can’t be seen to miss out. They all jump in prematurely and if it doesn’t happen, they can just make up BS about how the deal dramatically collapsed.

Levy basically said a load of the media stories have been nonsense, and Glendas Legs made a very good point that the manager in Spain who we were actually close to getting no one picked up on at the time when that was actually close. Funny that…..

Sure, but just because levy says so I don't have to believe him as its all PR.

And yes ofcourse not everything gets leaked out to the press.

So any other names which people want to throw into the mix other than Potter, Martinez, Southgate?

I'm assuming talks wouldnt re-start with someone who we've already spoken to (that manager would feel pretty unwanted if we suddenly went back to them) so that rules out Ten Hag, Conte, Lopetegui, Fonseca assuming various rumours are true.

This search really is a f arce

So any other names which people want to throw into the mix other than Potter, Martinez, Southgate?

I'm assuming talks wouldnt re-start with someone who we've already spoken to (that manager would feel pretty unwanted if we suddenly went back to them) so that rules out Ten Hag, Conte, Lopetegui, Fonseca assuming various rumours are true.

This search really is my favourite buttplug

Harry Kane for player manager!

I’m sure lots of us will apologise to Levy when he delivers a top tier manager and backs him with new players early in the window so he has a fighting chance of achieving something with the season.

Deflection.
That was not what I was posting about, and it's very clear that it isn't.

Honest questions. Are you a libertarian? Do you feel all views should be allowed to be held by people without challenge (racist views, sexist views, anti-Semitic views etc.)? I agree that many so-called progressives can be intolerant, but the actions of a few should not cloud the issue - and the issue is that if Gattuso does not believe in same sex marriage, that is a problem. If Gattuso doesn't believe women have a place in football, that is a problem (especially as we have a women's team), and if Gattuso holds racist views that is a problem too.

No I absolutely don’t feel that. I think debate/dialogue is healthy, but the perpetrator of any views that incite hatred or violence in any form should be rigorously challenged and held to account for them.
I do have a problem though with words like Homophobic, Misogynist, Racist and Fascist being thrown about with abandon. All of those terms can conjure up some horrible and upsetting images. Hence my original request for examples of what Gattuso had done to warrant being called the above. FWIW I found his views on same-sex marriage and women in football old-fashioned but given the context and time he made them, they were probably on the milder end of the spectrum of possibilities covered by the above. But that’s just my perspective, I respect that others would have a different view and could be offended by them.
In any case I’m glad we’re giving Gattuso a swerve.

I’d take Howe over Gattuso, fudge it i’d even take Hoddle for 12 months.

I think we know now that Gattuso is out.

Its a little concerning that the three managers which we know that Spurs have spoken to since Paratici has been in the frame have all been based in Italy - Conte, Fonseca, Gattuso. I hope his network stretches a little further

Back