• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Sorry I’ve got no idea what you are talking about.

I asked if anyone that had a rant last night about appointing gattuso because he was a racist, misogynistic homophobic clam prepared to apologise to Levy when it turns out not to be the case.
You deflected by replying about the length of time it's taking to appoint a manager.

Guilty of one does not mean guilty of all.

‘…yet to be revealed’. That’ll be a first!

Quite. At best the next man is our 6th choice after:

- Nagelsman
- Poch
- Conte
- Fonseca
- Gattuso

...and if you believe the Lopetegui rumours, Ten Hag (did we want him but were told where to go or not?) and Rodgers (did Levy want him but know there was zero chance?), the next man could be as low as our 9th choice.

So between 6th and 9th, possibly lower as there might be names which I've missed out, but either way when we approach the next person he's hardly going to feel like we really want him!

So any other names which people want to throw into the mix other than Potter, Martinez, Southgate?

I'm assuming talks wouldnt re-start with someone who we've already spoken to (that manager would feel pretty unwanted if we suddenly went back to them) so that rules out Ten Hag, Conte, Lopetegui, Fonseca assuming various rumours are true.

This search really is a f arce

I still think Lopetegui could be an option if we went in hard for him. Wasn't the reported issue that his extended family wouldn't be able to get work permits to move over here? Just give them use of the club private jet once a fortnight or something.

I still think Lopetegui could be an option if we went in hard for him. Wasn't the reported issue that his extended family wouldn't be able to get work permits to move over here? Just give them use of the club private jet once a fortnight or something.

No idea. But in a couple weeks managers will be starting to go back for pre-season, which will make it even harder to prise them away given their current clubs will have to scramble around for a replacement and have their season's preparations disrupted...

...which means we need to get someone asap, or rely on international manangers...but those might only become available mid-July

I think he would be an awesome choice. But who would he be worried about not getting a work permit? His wife? His grown up children? Is it work permits or indefinite leave to stay thats the problem?

Another "benefit" of Brexit I guess.

I saw the one about him being against gay marriage in a church in 2008 and even if I disagree with it he is/was perfectly entitled to have that view imo.
Surprised that Scaramanga thinks that people were not entitled to that view in 2008. Many people associated marriage with procreation, and while not anti-gay, thought back then that marriage should be preserved for men and women who wanted the stability of marriage as the right environment for a creating a family. But people's views change over time.
Whether Gattuso is a racist homophobe etc etc is a mere side show. I hope and pray that a twitter storm had nothing to do with whether we did or did not offer him the job...would hardly enhance Levy's confidence in the DOF and it is crucial that that relationship flourishes. Let's hope this sorry saga is resolved soon: dumping Fonsecca "at the altar" seems downright bizarre.

- Nagelsman
- Poch
- Conte
- Fonseca
- Gattuso

...and if you believe the Lopetegui rumours, Ten Hag (did we want him but were told where to go or not?) and Rodgers (did Levy want him but know there was zero chance?), the next man could be as low as our 9th choice.

So between 6th and 9th, possibly lower as there might be names which I've missed out, but either way when we approach the next person he's hardly going to feel like we really want him!
Is there any proof that we've spoken to any of the names you've mentioned here?

So after hours of angst over their information you aren't prepared to back it up?
Is their info reliable or not?
I ask again. How do you prove whether something is true or false? There is no way of doing so unless you happen to be Levy, Paratici or one of the umpteen managers that we (may) have spoken to about our vacant position.

Last edited:
I asked if anyone that had a rant last night about appointing gattuso because he was a racist, misogynistic homophobic clam prepared to apologise to Levy when it turns out not to be the case.
You deflected by replying about the length of time it's taking to appoint a manager.

Guilty of one does not mean guilty of all.
Ah sorry I see. I don't think I'd had a rant about Levy appointing Gattuso so I wasn't answering for that particular point. Sorry.

At present my perception is that Levy is doing a terrible job in appointing us a new manager, despite having sacked Jose well before the end of the season so having had plenty of time for one to be appointed. If Levy brings in a good manager and backs him with signings (reasonably early on in the window) then I'll happily 'apologise' to Levy, though I'm pretty sure that Daniel Levy doesn't actually read glory-glory so the apology would fall on empty ears anyway (just as the expressions of dissatisfaction also do).

45E1FFE6-882A-484C-BC29-8A30F710B14A.gif

- Nagelsman
- Poch
- Conte
- Fonseca
- Gattuso

+ Flick makes it 10th.

Based on what?

Based on the level of comment from people close enough to the club, manager or their current club. Clearly there's not going to be any 'proof' that we did or where things got to in conversations which did happen

Feel free to think that we haven't spoken to any of them, or any manager at all if you wish though and that the club are a zen-like moment of calm and are going to spring into action and speak to their first manager candidate soon though

Back