• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Starting to wonder if we’ll be able to get a top tier manager now with the situation the club is in.

Imagine they come in for a chat….

Number 1 priory is 4th over winning anything
DOF is suspended
Levy will likely be involved in transfers
Kane is leaving

If you were a Nagelsmann etc. Would this be your choice?

The counter is that:
- in the last few windows we've signed Porro, Romero, Kulu, Richarlison, Bisouma, Bentancur
- add to that Kane and Son you have the core of a very good team
- we're going to add a keeper and couple CBs this summer
- some very promising young players - Sarr, Skipp, Udogie etc
- since those two empty windows around the CL final, we've invested heavily in the team. Just did so very badly for a couple years (Tubby, GLC, Sess, Bergwijn, Reguilon, Rodon etc) so there is no lack of ambition
- training ground and stadium
etc

The counter is that:
- in the last few windows we've signed Porro, Romero, Kulu, Richarlison, Bisouma, Bentancur
- since those two empty windows around the CL final, we've invested heavily in the team. Just did so very badly for a couple years (Tubby, GLC, Sess, Bergwijn, Reguilon, Rodon etc) so there is no lack of ambition
etc
Are we? I hope we will but won’t count my chickens till they hatch.

Starting to wonder if we’ll be able to get a top tier manager now with the situation the club is in.

Imagine they come in for a chat….

Number 1 priory is 4th over winning anything
DOF is suspended
Levy will likely be involved in transfers
Kane is leaving

If you were a Nagelsmann etc. Would this be your choice?
How do you come up with "4th is top priority over winning anything?"

I

On a different note I think we have to give whoever takes over at least two seasons in charge as long as we are in the top half and the manager hasn’t disgraced themselves with off field activity. Patience is needed to turn around from where we are now.

Sorry for cutting your post down but this is what i wanted to comment on, i agree a manager needs to be given time to do his best work but sadly the majority of our fan base are not the most patient of folks. A few bad loses and the screams out will begin AGAIN.

Sorry for cutting your post down but this is what i wanted to comment on, i agree a manager needs to be given time to do his best work but sadly the majority of our fan base are not the most patient of folks. A few bad loses and the screams out will begin AGAIN.

Yes, the same fans who want to shout Arsenal/Arteta at everything, ignoring two 8th place finishes

The last time we finished 8th was in 2009, 14 fudging years ago, with Juande's last season. But I'm expected to believe the asshats who want to protest outside the stadium when we were 4th and in CL knockout stages will be cool with two years of a rebuild.

The counter is that:
etc

The counter is £13M-£15M/yr in a super high visibility job in the most commercially successful league in the world

The amount of idiots who are like, oh why would the guy at Napoli leave for Spurs? find me a single fudging person earning €3.5M/yr who would turn down £13.5M/yr where your minimum return is likely that by 3 years even if you get fired .. Nagelsmann would pretty much double his fudging Bayern salary, he'd earn more here than at Madrid (not saying he'd turn down Madrid)

This narrative that managers are thinking about some long term progression, and only picking clubs based on some holy criteria with no thought about compensation is fudging stupid. Carlo Ancelotti went to fudging Everton but we have fans who think Spurs can't hire a decent manager .. honestly you can't make this brick up ..

And this is why we won't get anywhere. I think Poch benefitted from being unknown, and everyone knowing that there was no money for transfers because of the stadium build. Low expectations. He also had to rely on young players, which not only do the fans love, but help you to build something as well IMO. This may also be true of why the goons gave Arteta time, despite setbacks. Unfortunately the £15M a year managers with money to spend don't seem to want to take a risk on youth, and it creates a scenario where everyone (fans, club, manager) puts pressure on each other for results today.

And whilst we have revolving doors then top 4 will be the best we can dream of. I didn’t want Conte, Nuno or Mourinho. So I’m happy all three are gone. We need a manager who was like Pochettino was, someone who can take over us, be one of us, can inspire and motivate and get us to play attacking football. It will take time so we can get rid of those that aren’t at the required level and the new manager can bring in replacements. I’d think a minimum and I mean a minimum of three transfer windows is needed. Plus Levy will need to fully support the new manager and bring in players with full manager consultation. Give the manager the time and tools that they need to succeed. No opportunist signings unless the manager is in full agreement. Minimal signings for the future that won’t cut it now.

I know I’m dreaming but this is the path I believe we need to take to achieve success.

Yes, the same fans who want to shout Arsenal/Arteta at everything, ignoring two 8th place finishes

The last time we finished 8th was in 2009, 14 fudging years ago, with Juande's last season. But I'm expected to believe the asshats who want to protest outside the stadium when we were 4th and in CL knockout stages will be cool with two years of a rebuild.
You yourself aren't even cool with a 1 year rebuild. Conte's did poorly this season and you wanted him sacked. Are you any more patient than the hypothetical fans you're talking about because you don't seem it?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

And this is why we won't get anywhere. I think Poch benefitted from being unknown, and everyone knowing that there was no money for transfers because of the stadium build. Low expectations. He also had to rely on young players, which not only do the fans love, but help you to build something as well IMO. This may also be true of why the goons gave Arteta time, despite setbacks. Unfortunately the £15M a year managers with money to spend don't seem to want to take a risk on youth, and it creates a scenario where everyone (fans, club, manager) puts pressure on each other for results today.

And whilst we have revolving doors then top 4 will be the best we can dream of. I didn’t want Conte, Nuno or Mourinho. So I’m happy all three are gone. We need a manager who was like Pochettino was, someone who can take over us, be one of us, can inspire and motivate and get us to play attacking football. It will take time so we can get rid of those that aren’t at the required level and the new manager can bring in replacements. I’d think a minimum and I mean a minimum of three transfer windows is needed. Plus Levy will need to fully support the new manager and bring in players with full manager consultation. Give the manager the time and tools that they need to succeed. No opportunist signings unless the manager is in full agreement. Minimal signings for the future that won’t cut it now.

I know I’m dreaming but this is the path I believe we need to take to achieve success.

I can't dance with either of the above. I think a lot of fans in todays game think that sacking managers every couple of years is the way to achieve and bring the club sucess, its not ( at least not often). I guess its todays society ( i have no problems with admiting i am a old fart) every one wants instant gratification and like the old advert ( i want it and i want it now). Sadly i do not think that is going to change but unless we get lucky anything will not be done overnight.

You yourself aren't even cool with a 1 year rebuild. Conte's did poorly this season and you wanted him sacked. Are you any more patient than the hypothetical fans you're talking about because you don't seem it?

Conte didn’t want to be part of a rebuild though. That’s why many of us lost patience with him.

It’s not about the ‘asshats’ as you call them…. It is about the chairman. It is him that sacks the managers (and generally well before we do anything as ‘bad’ as finish 8th)

The guy who directed Basket Case and Frankenhooker in the 80s?

Nope. The feyenord manager. Who had az on equal points with ajax only 2nd on goal difference in 20/21. Took over feyenord got them 3rd in the league and the final of the conference league. Winning manager of the season over ten hag. Then the club sold their best players in the summer yet they are still top of the league and in the europa league quarter finals.
He knows how to get teams playing attacking football quickly and how to rebuild. Doesn't seem to have a huge ego. Won't think he's bigger than the club. Doesn't sulk in press conferences. And seems to get on well with the players.

Galardo also possible as is the guy from sporting.

It’s not about the ‘asshats’ as you call them…. It is about the chairman. It is him that sacks the managers (and generally well before we do anything as ‘bad’ as finish 8th)

It isn't Levy protesting outside the stadium and writing public press releases about "concerns about the club's position" 12 games into a season when we are actually in top 4 (or within 2-3 points of it)

Or are you saying everyone would have been cool with Mason finishing 8th two seasons in a row? (if Levy didn't pull trigger)

Back