• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Then we need someone who is pitch perfect and can walk a tightrope.

The reality of being a club with our financial might against the others has to be factored in by anyone who wants the job. They must be confident that they can work past the financial handicap we have when compared to the global brands and the dirty oil money.
Every manager will tell every club that they can work past the financial handicap that particular club operates under. Finding one who can actually do so is damn near impossible. We had such a manager in place for several years but he got sacked.

Jeez.
So adding probably something circa to £10m max compensation to our transfer funds would have a greater chance of bringing success than changing a manager who by definition of being in contention for the sack is probably in some kind of negative spiral.

We have only been able to supply a good budget for the last 3 seasons and even that has been dented by zero matchday income for 18 months and supplemented by owner investment. There is definitely a before and after stadium era.
I reckon we're probably closer to £30m to 40m in compensation now in terms of sacking our last 4 managers. Should've just given that money to Pochettino (as well as all of the money then given to Mourinho, Nuno and Conte since) and kept him and let him do the rebuild.

Then we need someone who is pitch perfect and can walk a tightrope.

The reality of being a club with our financial might against the others has to be factored in by anyone who wants the job. They must be confident that they can work past the financial handicap we have when compared to the global brands and the dirty oil money.
I think quite a few of us are agreeing on here.

It begins with an acceptance of who we are and what model we run.
Yes, the departments all need to be performing at very good or better..
The manager has to be exceptional. (He is the most important cog).

There is hope ..
by virtue of what Poch did and how close he came
ie building something brilliant despite some departments being average at best.

I reckon we're probably closer to £30m to 40m in compensation now in terms of sacking our last 4 managers. Should've just given that money to Pochettino (as well as all of the money then given to Mourinho, Nuno and Conte since) and kept him and let him do the rebuild.
£10m Per sacking....as you wouldn't be saving it in a pot for one manager to spend

Every manager will tell every club that they can work past the financial handicap that particular club operates under. Finding one who can actually do so is damn near impossible. We had such a manager in place for several years but he got sacked.
He rightly got sacked when he stopped performing above our potential.

Which is why we had such a poor record against the top 6. We didn't adjust our game to the opponent.

Was it really poor though? I'm sure Poch got us the best results against the traditional top 6 in the PL era, no?
I agree though that we didn't adjust our game often enough to get even better results, especially away from home

Was it really poor though? I'm sure Poch got us the best results against the traditional top 6 in the PL era, no?
I agree though that we didn't adjust our game often enough to get even better results, especially away from home
Not sure if I remember it correctly, but it was pretty good at Home and dreadfull away from home.

But not worrying that they probably considered someone's personal health before bringing the hammer down?

As far as anyone seems to be aware, he didn’t have any health issues that anyone knew about in January. It was pretty obvious when there was no movement on the contract over the World Cup break how it was going to unfold. Another board might have moved then.

They might also have stepped in and said he should take the rest of the season on gardening leave once he became ill. Instead, we got the worst of all worlds; the return of someone who wasn’t well enough in any way to do the job properly.

I was keen for him to continue if he committed. Unfortunately it was clear really from January onwards that wasn’t going to happen.

It matters massively
Pool hadn’t been relevant for some years in the league until Klopp joined and connected the dots in and off the pitch
Jose changed things at Chelsea too by getting them over the line to win the title
City needed a manager to do that he at lift too and now look… (and they were throwing money around before hand)
The right man makes a big difference

All those clubs went all out and got the manager the personnel their first choice in players

I think quite a few of us are agreeing on here.

It begins with an acceptance of who we are and what model we run.
Yes, the departments all need to be performing at very good or better..
The manager has to be exceptional. (He is the most important cog).

There is hope ..
by virtue of what Poch did and how close he came
ie building something brilliant despite some departments being average at best.
I still think the internal organization of the football side needs to be the top priority. We shouldn't be hanging our hat on hoping we land a manager that will click and will stick around long enough so it clicks firmly. We should get the brightest and most forward-thinking minds to run our football operations and set the tone and identity. We should seek to be at the forefront of innovating in systems, tactics, fitness, and player identification and development. No more one manager comes in and runs the team to death and the next manager tells them to jog around a bit. No more buying a player for manager A, only for that player to not fit into the system of manager B. The manager should be primarily responsible for implementing the system and tweaking where necessary, and we would still need a very good one to do that. The manager should be a master motivator and team builder. But he shouldn't be the basket we put all our eggs in.

Whomever we get we need a player to link it all together. An eriksen or modric. That allows the others to play. Florian wirtz would be amazing.

Another cb, and a gk. I think a new manager could really push on.

Back