• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Which world cup was it that he walked out beforehand? Also, why did he walk?
He got them to the 2018 world cup then walked 7 days later. He said the following
After much soul searching, I’ve decided the journey for me ends here. It’s been the toughest decision. It’s not the ending I envisioned but it doesn’t take away from the experience this has been. I always tried to coach for the moment thinking it could end at any time. I just have an instinct I think it’s the right time for me, the right time for the organisation, and that as tough a decision as it is for me it feels like the right time. I have loved this job, but it’s been all encompassing (and) it hasn’t just been coaching the national team - the part I love is the coaching.”

Most believe he had a falling out with fa about how the game was being run & where football in Australia was heading. He wanted a holistic approach to the whole of football. When the fa didn't agree he finally had enough & walked

He got them to the 2018 world cup then walked 7 days later. He said the following
After much soul searching, I’ve decided the journey for me ends here. It’s been the toughest decision. It’s not the ending I envisioned but it doesn’t take away from the experience this has been. I always tried to coach for the moment thinking it could end at any time. I just have an instinct I think it’s the right time for me, the right time for the organisation, and that as tough a decision as it is for me it feels like the right time. I have loved this job, but it’s been all encompassing (and) it hasn’t just been coaching the national team - the part I love is the coaching.”

Most believe he had a falling out with fa about how the game was being run & where football in Australia was heading. He wanted a holistic approach to the whole of football. When the fa didn't agree he finally had enough & walked

So match made in heaven with levy?

Maybe if instead of paying out considerable money sacking managers we added that same amount to our transfer budget for players we might've won a few pots instead of just getting CL football? Maybe if we'd allowed one of the managers to actually have a few years with a good budget then they would've done what Arteta has done at Arsenal this season?

Arsenal's smartest move was Edu as sporting director; when everyone wanted to can him two years ago, Edu stood by him. Bloke is a gooner so loyal and gets his club. When they got Wenger, Dein was essentially a DoF. We need that sort if relationship in that seat to drive the ship. All this 'DNA' thing is him reading ingredients on a packet. Neither he or Paratici can feel it IMO. If Levy could, Poch would've been on mk II right now...

You have no idea what's coming to make such a statement. As for what has not been announced, I would rather the club took its time to make the right move, than to just knee-jerk react. You can judge after all's been said and done.

Nothing said from the club.

Club puts out a video by Paratici after weeks of silence.

Paratici banned by FIFA.

Is this what happens when the club takes its time to make the right move? cool

Conte was sacked less than 3 days ago, ffs. I know we live in an "I want it here and now" world, but come on!

Agreed, but I do think it was a PR miss by the club using Paratici knowing the moment he was in. Having not been part of the original Conte departure statement, seems a little bit of a unnecessary step to have Paratici in front of the camera at all right now.

Very interesting, thaks for posting. Do you have more details on the holistic approach he wanted and what the Australian FA were actually doing/did?

Agreed, but I do think it was a PR miss by the club using Paratici knowing the moment he was in. Having not been part of the original Conte departure statement, seems a little bit of a unnecessary step to have Paratici in front of the camera at all right now.

exactly, a statement from Levy on the website would have sufficed. Hell even a statement from Paratici. a video published to social media, come on guys, common sense

Arsenal's smartest move was Edu as sporting director; when everyone wanted to can him two years ago, Edu stood by him. Bloke is a gooner so loyal and gets his club. When they got Wenger, Dein was essentially a DoF. We need that sort if relationship in that seat to drive the ship. All this 'DNA' thing is him reading ingredients on a packet. Neither he or Paratici can feel it IMO. If Levy could, Poch would've been on mk II right now...
Pedro Braz and Roger Schmidt from Benfica would be a good DoF & manager apointment.
Rangnick or Steidten paired with Nagelsman might also work well (I would love Rangnick at our club but I think he would want more control than Levy would ever cede).
Giovanni Sartori is a DoF that did great work at Atalanta and is now at Bologna, where he and his manager, Thiago Motta, are both getting a lot of praise.

Very interesting, thaks for posting. Do you have more details on the holistic approach he wanted and what the Australian FA were actually doing/did?
He wanted to build pathways from grassroots football to the A league clubs. Including for coaches

Stop importing players from other leagues especially the UK who add nothing to the league.

Create 2nd tier so they have promotion/relegation

reduce fees or get rid altogether so kids can actually afford to play football. Last year a friend paid 5 grand so his son could play. He is about to leave & go to sporting.

Have resources such as psychologists dieticians etc at every club even for kids if needed. he said not every kid can make it & we should help them to.

He believed If implemented the A league could be the best league in Asia

There were lots of others but they are the ones I could think of.

The A league at the time was run by the guy that owns Westfield shopping centres & had no interest in even considering making a change. It's now owned by the club's but guess what nothing has changed. still expensive still importing players that couldn't make it in there own leagues & no promotion/ relegation.

Last edited:
If Poch came in, I think we need to be very careful, he needs to leave Lo Celso, Ndombele, Rodon, Winks, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga out of his plans, too many chances, too much invested for so little return. Get them off the wage bill, get replacements in

If Poch comes in we should support him to use whoever he sees fit. If he thinks Ndombele can succeed in a team that wants to play football for more than just a half, and actually put more emphasis on attacking then that’s his call to make. I agree that those players have been given chances but hopefully we’re leaving the boring as fudge football behind that Conte, Nuno and Mourinho employ.

On a different note I think we have to give whoever takes over at least two seasons in charge as long as we are in the top half and the manager hasn’t disgraced themselves with off field activity. Patience is needed to turn around from where we are now.

Starting to wonder if we’ll be able to get a top tier manager now with the situation the club is in.

Imagine they come in for a chat….

Number 1 priory is 4th over winning anything
DOF is suspended
Levy will likely be involved in transfers
Kane is leaving

If you were a Nagelsmann etc. Would this be your choice?

Back