• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
What is their playing style like?
4-3-3 attacking. They build up from the back and through the middle, often keeping the ball centrally to get the opposition narrow. Then they switch it out wide where there's then lots of space. They are true to their style of quick passing with a lot of movement, even against opposition that on paper, are better than them.

Every year they've lost 3-4 of their best players, but they keep finding new ones, often players that have been flops in other clubs, but as soon as they come to Bodø, they flourish, because they have attributes that fit their style.

4-3-3 attacking. They build up from the back and through the middle, often keeping the ball centrally to get the opposition narrow. Then they switch it out wide where there's then lots of space. They are true to their style of quick passing with a lot of movement, even against opposition that on paper, are better than them.

Every year they've lost 3-4 of their best players, but they keep finding new ones, often players that have been flops in other clubs, but as soon as they come to Bodø, they flourish, because they have attributes that fit their style.

Thanks. His name doesn’t appear to come up at all from what I’ve seen

I agree with this. It is a gamble and you also need the setup and patience. I do not rate the Celtic coach. Celtic has the best players in the league.

Well, we should rather focus on getting Kjetil Knutsen then. Because he really knows how to build teams. He's taken Bodø Glimt, a nobody in Norwegian football, to become totally dominant.

He absolutely schooled Ange and celtic, home and away in the conference league, winning 2-0 at home, and 3-1 at celtic park. Celtic had absolutely no chance, and their budget is about 10 times that of Bodø glimt!

They also beat Mourinho and Roma 6-1 at home, in the group stage, and drew away, and won again at home in the knockout stage.

Celtic have done fuxk all in Europe, playing against teams they really should beat.. So no, I really don't rate Ange, and I'm pretty positive he wouldn't last long.

Well, we should rather focus on getting Kjetil Knutsen then. Because he really knows how to build teams. He's taken Bodø Glimt, a nobody in Norwegian football, to become totally dominant.

He absolutely schooled Ange and celtic, home and away in the conference league, winning 2-0 at home, and 3-1 at celtic park. Celtic had absolutely no chance, and their budget is about 10 times that of Bodø glimt!

They also beat Mourinho and Roma 6-1 at home, in the group stage, and drew away, and won again at home in the knockout stage.

Celtic have done fuxk all in Europe, playing against teams they really should beat.. So no, I really don't rate Ange, and I'm pretty positive he wouldn't last long.

If Kjetil Knutsen fits the profile, then absolutely. I'd be all for someone like that.

Celtic struggled in Europe but it's not like they've had any recent success and suddenly Ange is the reason. Ange's bigger successes were with Yokohama F Marinos and Australia.

We don’t need some Norwegian fudging nobody. Next.
Poch was once an Argentine nobody, Mourinho a Portuguese nobody, Wenger a French nobody etc etc.

Which country they come from is totally irrelevant, what teams they have managed and how they managed their relative expectations and limitations is all important.

So yes maybe that "Norwegian Nobody" is exactly the coach we need before he becomes Real Madrid's Norwegian manager and out of our reach.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Poch was once an Argentine nobody, Mourinho a Portuguese nobody, Wenger a French nobody etc etc.

Which country they come from is totally irrelevant, what teams they have managed and how they managed their relative expectations and limitations is all important.

So yes maybe that "Norwegian Nobody" is exactly the coach we need before he becomes Real Madrid's Norwegian manager and out of our reach.

Exactly this, there is no one size fits all scenario which guarantees success. Footballs absolutely littered with examples of that.

Like you say, the next good managers have to come from somewhere, all this talk about the dutch league or this or that league not being able to produce them is frankly b0ll0x

Exactly this, there is no one size fits all scenario which guarantees success. Footballs absolutely littered with examples of that.

Like you say, the next good managers have to come from somewhere, all this talk about the dutch league or this or that league not being able to produce them is frankly b0ll0x
But you take appropriate steps up the ladder, to test where your level is at.

The Scottish or Dutch leagues to the top of the EPL, with no previous Big 4 League experience, is a huge reach

But you take appropriate steps up the ladder, to test where your level is at.

The Scottish or Dutch leagues to the top of the EPL, with no previous Big 4 League experience, is a huge reach

Its really not, there are scores of failures at clubs across Europe that fall under the category of having a manager appointed from the big 4

You put together any category of manager you want, where they came from, age, experience, nationality, quality as a player etc etc.....there will be failures and successes throughout the lists.

The real barometer for any appointment is can they fit within the fabric of the club and are their ideas translatable to what they want to achieve. Thats why Brentford and Brightons of the world get the right more than wrong because they focus on the skill set not peripheral things that others get wound up on.

Its really not, there are scores of failures at clubs across Europe that fall under the category of having a manager appointed from the big 4

You put together any category of manager you want, where they came from, age, experience, nationality, quality as a player etc etc.....there will be failures and successes throughout the lists.

The real barometer for any appointment is can they fit within the fabric of the club and are their ideas translatable to what they want to achieve. Thats why Brentford and Brightons of the world get the right more than wrong because they focus on the skill set not peripheral things that others get wound up on.
But say Apple or VW wouldnt hire a sales director straight from Khan's Newsagent in Tring. They would expect a track record of moving to an SME, then a FTSE company etc. You need track record as well as potential

But say Apple or VW wouldnt hire a sales director straight from Khan's Newsagent in Tring. They would expect a track record of moving to an SME, then a FTSE company etc. You need track record as well as potential

That analogy does not makes sense to your point though because a managers track record would be their ability to win things within their respective environment that would be a translatable skillset.

But to go without point as an old Sales and Marketing Director at one of the worlds biggest 5 star hotels I would 100% take someone who has a proves sales record at a 4 star hotel because the skills needed to sell that hotel are absolutely applicable to selling a better product, in fact there are intricate skills that are needed to sell a lesser product against the big boys that makes them very favourable. The same in management, you want someone who is going to cry about the lack of tools (Conte) or roll their sleeves up, adapt and develop because they have previously shown a record of doing so?

BTW, your Apple to the local shop as a comparison from what its like to manage in say Italy to the Dutch League or similar is so poor and wide of the mark. The Dutch have provided us with some of the best and most iconic managers in world football history

We all know you want Poch and have a downer on anything outside that scope

We're 'top of the EPL'?!? Not what the league table says!

Comes back to what this next appointment aims to do. In my mind, its to play entertaining football and reconnect fans with the club whilst we rebuild and refresh the squad. That is the next 1-2 year goal in my view with league finished around 6th/7th area in that time.

The refresh of the squad would provide the platform to then get back to challenging for the top 4 and CL after that

Arsene wenger comes to mind

That analogy does not makes sense to your point though because a managers track record would be their ability to win things within their respective environment that would be a translatable skillset.

But to go without point as an old Sales and Marketing Director at one of the worlds biggest 5 star hotels I would 100% take someone who has a proves sales record at a 4 star hotel because the skills needed to sell that hotel are absolutely applicable to selling a better product, in fact there are intricate skills that are needed to sell a lesser product against the big boys that makes them very favourable. The same in management, you want someone who is going to cry about the lack of tools (Conte) or roll their sleeves up, adapt and develop because they have previously shown a record of doing so?

BTW, your Apple to the local shop as a comparison from what its like to manage in say Italy to the Dutch League or similar is so poor and wide of the mark. The Dutch have provided us with some of the best and most iconic managers in world football history

We all know you want Poch and have a downer on anything outside that scope

But Darren at Khan's Newsagent trounces Tina at GT News in sales every weeks. So he's ready for a big multinational global job based on that?

The 4* up to a 5* is fine. The problem is we are so far down the barrel already, that we are looking at Travelodge night porters

Impressive at midtable in the two best leagues in the world.

A bit similar to De Zerbi right now (Italy is a weaker league than Spain and he's had less time in England, but reasonably comparable)
Mid table…
You know when he left they were bottom right? he won less than a third of his games
That’s about on par with Gary O’Neill over here
Would you take O’Neill?

But Darren at Khan's Newsagent trounces Tina at GT News in sales every weeks. So he's ready for a big multinational global job based on that?

The 4* up to a 5* is fine. The problem is we are so far down the barrel already, that we are looking at Travelodge night porters

Despite that being a laughable response on many levels I am sure you would conflict your own views and find fault with a manager from the top 4 leagues that was not Poch, if you have not already

The only realistic candidates we should be looking at now are Ange, Potter and Marco Silva.
Lopetegui

You are right of course. My comment was made mainly in jest as a riposte to some of the comments denigrating Ange for not having managed at a higher level in his career to date. Apologies to any Norwegians I’ve offended.
I haven’t a clue who we should hire tbh and given that 2 of the most successful coaches in football over the past 20 years have failed or at least have been seriously underwhelming then I don’t even know where to look. I suppose someone who is likeable would do for a start.

Back