• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Seen the odd mention of Emma Hayes in this thread, see she won the league again yesterday. Difficult to benchmark achievements but I think she should at least be considered. I'd be happy with Potter as long as the club realise he'll need some time to build something.

Seen the odd mention of Emma Hayes in this thread, see she won the league again yesterday. Difficult to benchmark achievements but I think she should at least be considered. I'd be happy with Potter as long as the club realise he'll need some time to build something.
She is a brilliant manager
Big spurs fan
Our club isn’t ready to be that smart

In the All or Nothing documentary it was very clear we already have a fairly mixed sex dressing room with some of the nutritionists and sports scientists, so I don't think it would be a particular culture shock for the players.

Lets see if she really is a big Spurs fan and offer her the Spurs Women’s job.

Then if she takes it we can find out how good a manager she really is by leading a mediocre side towards the top end of the WSL.

Very true
I think she is brilliant
I don’t agree with GB a lot but his comments about her are spot on

Is it a version of football that requires high tactical knowledge or is it more the best collection of players with someone able to motivate is all it takes?

Genuine question as I don’t watch any of it.

Reactions: DTA
Is it a version of football that requires high tactical knowledge or is it more the best collection of players with someone able to motivate is all it takes?

Genuine question as I don’t watch any of it.
It’s all about what you build and how you maximise what you have
She built the team to be what it is
I’d say, she has shown both
The European football her team compete in is a very high standard comparatively and she always does well

It’s all about what you build and how you maximise what you have
She built the team to be what it is
I’d say, she has shown both
The European football her team compete in is a very high standard comparatively and she always does well

Cool, I still say she can prove her alleged love for the club by taking the Spurs women’s job and then prove how good she is if she can take that mediocre side towards the top of the WSL.

If she does that then I’d be quite happy to appoint her in 1-2 years when this brick show is repeated yet again.

Cool, I still say she can prove her alleged love for the club by taking the Spurs women’s job and then prove how good she is if she can take that mediocre side towards the top of the WSL.

If she does that then I’d be quite happy to appoint her in 1-2 years when this brick show is repeated yet again.
That for her wouldn’t be progress
That would be a step back
Why would someone who is considered to be at the top of their game step back

That for her wouldn’t be progress
That would be a step back
Why would someone who is considered to be at the top of their game step back

But how does she prove herself further to get a top mens team job?

It is either what I suggested that would prove her brilliance if she pulled it off or it is doing a great job at a men’s championship club getting them up and doing well with them in the prem.

Also I am looking for her to prove this so called love for Spurs people keep saying. If you love us so much come and use your apparently incredible managerial skills to elevate the women’s version of the club you love, especially as it could lead to getting the men’s job if you do something special with a mediocre group in our women’s team.

The thing is the first one through the wall will get the bloodiest nose with such an appointment, Spurs would be pulled through the ringer for it unfortunately
An assistant manager role for a woman would be the best first step.
It normalises a woman being in the dugout (literally can't believe that's even an issue - but people are thick) without being able to be a spacegoat for the tiniest poor result.

But how does she prove herself further to get a top mens team job?

It is either what I suggested that would prove her brilliance if she pulled it off or it is doing a great job at a men’s championship club getting them up and doing well with them in the prem.

Also I am looking for her to prove this so called love for Spurs people keep saying. If you love us so much come and use your apparently incredible managerial skills to elevate the women’s version of the club you love, especially as it could lead to getting the men’s job if you do something special with a mediocre group in our women’s team.

The starting point is we remove the arrogance that that's the pinnacle and goal.
It's just as likely a move to an even bigger women's club or national job is for her, which also getting to continue the amazing growth curve of women's football.

Chelsea did fine when Guillit became the first back manager.
The reception would have different if he wasn't Gullit though.
If he was African instead of Dutch.
Or a mid level player instead of an absolute baller.
Or hadn't shown he has an edge - with his skill and his spitting.

He was a harder target than someone like, say, Rosenior.
Also, in the eyes of the ignorant, he wasn't "black" unless they needed him to be. Lighter skin tone.

Chelsea did fine when Guillit became the first back manager.

He was not the first black manager though and he also had a HUGE profile within the mens game to a point that no one blinked an eyelid.

Its not really the same as being the first male team in football to appoint a woman manager, football would have a field day as would our own fans based on recent uproars unfortunately.

It will happen and I would love us to be the ones to break the barrier, I just don't trust the industry to have the same sentiments and support for it to work, Include fans and our own in that sadly

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
Back