• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
we’ll see where the rubber hits the road on that, that’s basically what we were in the 90’s under Ossie, Francis then later Hoddle, pretty, mid table football.

Yep and getting smashed by all of our rivals ... it wasn't pretty. We had a few good players that carried the team with the rest being gash. Teams like Chelsea and arsenal would stroll into the lane and we would bend over at the first request ... and some people want that again? Why even bother getting a new stadium to push for titles etc?

Should have just melted away and became like a Fulham... Nice club exciting times to get relegated and then even better when you get promoted ...

Well, that means playing some good football and winning most of the games. I'm fairly sure no one would be happy if we lost the majority of games, even if we played blinding attacking football.

Who ever come in needs to be given a few years to get this team and club turned around.

We can't be back at a situation where we sack another manager. I just can't see who that person would be.

But I have already accepted that we will drop down the table a bit for a few years while everything gets sorted.
History tells us he won’t be. He’ll be out on his ear if we’re outside of the top 7 a dozen games into the season.

I'd rather the club concentrate on the football side and ignore the media, they will only "report" what sells, they are not interested in the truth or facts just making themselves important, if they disappeared tomorrow football would still be here you couldn't say the same about them.

I agree on the one hand, but when they then punt out defensive/deflective gonad*s via their channels in reaction, it seems silly. Either (as you suggest) don’t play the game, or play it properly.

Second best manager Levy has employed at Spurs.

Was thikning when I saw a couple of the video clips which were posted on here earlier that Ange P has quite a few similarities with Redknapp, though seemingly a bit more tactically astute. Redknapp and Ange P seem to both be very good motivators, good at bonding with players, straight talking and very attacking. The video of Ange P on the training pitch looked a bit more thought through than Arry's run-about-a-bit style!

Well, that means playing some good football and winning most of the games. I'm fairly sure no one would be happy if we lost the majority of games, even if we played blinding attacking football.

I've not suggested we have to play blinding attacking football, just good entertaining football, this I see as solid defensive play without stupid errors, the ability to pass in an offensive way rather than possession for possession sake and forwards who can keep the ball allowing the team to move forward. Brentford and Brighton are good examples. Some might think we are better than that but we aren't, we need to reset and fans need to set themselves some attainable targets rather the unrealistic expectations they hold at present. The football this season has been terrible even when we win, finishing in the top 4 playing that way is not what I expect from my Spurs and I would get little pleasure watching it. I'll always support the club, team and players whatever gets dished up but I do like to see a more adventurous approach.

History tells us he won’t be. He’ll be out on his ear if we’re outside of the top 7 a dozen games into the season.
No it doesn't.
Both Redknapp and Poch were allowed to build and a holistic approach taken.
The expectations for Jose and Conte were different, as we're their stated intentions.
We are back to building mode and targeting managers that fit that mould.

(I've excluded Nuno because, well ...... who knows what that was super to be)

No it doesn't.
Both Redknapp and Poch were allowed to build and a holistic approach taken.
The expectations for Jose and Conte were different, as we're their stated intentions.
We are back to building mode and targeting managers that fit that mould.

(I've excluded Nuno because, well ...... who knows what that was super to be)
Erm no…. Redknapp took over with us on 2 points after 8 games (Ramos sacked only 8 games into the season) and took us up the league not far from Europe in that first season and then Europe from then on (4th, 5th, 4th)
Poch got us 5th in his first season, then CL qualification 4 times in a row and then sacked 12 games into the following season.

Erm no…. Redknapp took over with us on 2 points after 8 games (Ramos sacked only 8 games into the season) and took us up the league not far from Europe in that first season and then Europe from then on (4th, 5th, 4th)
Poch got us 5th in his first season, then CL qualification 4 times in a row and then sacked 12 games into the following season.

ramos also won a “trophy”, didn’t have much support 8 games in as I recall

Pochettino, Harry, De Zerbi etc say hi!

De Zerbi isn’t batting anywhere near that average, he’s had a solid season whilst others have had bad ones.

Poch and Redknapp had exceptional squads that were worth far more than we paid for them, in a time when there wasn’t as much money sloshing around the PL, putting together a team that smashes the rest of the league now would take unprecedented levels of investment.

Poch benefitted from having the best striker on the planet come up from the youth team and Harry benefitted from having one the greatest attacking players the game has ever seen signed previously by Jol.

Both managers did an incredible job for a time, but that’s two generational talents, who are in anyone’s greatest all time 11, that’s unlikely to happen again for sometime.

Back