• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
So basically we were never seriously interested in him, and never even asked about a fee for his services - straight from the horses mouth. Is that enough evidence?! Some will still argue against this I'm sure....

I think we were interested but thought we could swan in via back channels and he'd come running. I believe we run an outdated model when 'looking to recruit' managers...

The lack of serious European football next year isn’t going to help our recruitment on any front unfortunately, although I think it will be beneficial long term if we can avoid ECL.

I think the way which we churn through managers every 12-18 months and (unfounded) reputation for not spending money despite having top 4 targets are likely to be a bigger impediment

I think we were interested but thought we could swan in via back channels and he'd come running. I believe we run an outdated model when 'looking to recruit' managers...
I don't doubt there is an element of truth in that and I don't doubt we held a level of interest, but we clearly wasn't that interested to follow through with it.

You have just proved my point though. The guy himself has said there was no real interest, yet some will still refuse to accept that and believe their 'theories' are far more the likely story.

If we were so interested in him, why would he not come out and say we were in for him but he wanted to stay with Feyenord? That would boost his profile and the clubs that he rejected a 'bigger' club and would look like even more of a hero to the fans. Yet he says there has been no real interest. I think I'll listen to the guy closest to the matter at hand on this occassion.....

I don't doubt there is an element of truth in that and I don't doubt we held a level of interest, but we clearly wasn't that interested to follow through with it.

You have just proved my point though. The guy himself has said there was no real interest, yet some will still refuse to accept that and believe their 'theories' are far more the likely story.

If we were so interested in him, why would he not come out and say we were in for him but he wanted to stay with Feyenord? That would boost his profile and the clubs that he rejected a 'bigger' club and would look like even more of a hero to the fans. Yet he says there has been no real interest. I think I'll listen to the guy closest to the matter at hand on this occassion.....

I get that you would like to see things as black and white, but niether him saying anything in the presser or what some may think about the situation ... there are only a few people that know what's happened. If you want to be gullible and think that what is said at face value as a sheep you are not different that those that want to create conspiracies

I am sure we were very much interested but I am also very sure he used that interest to get a new deal rather than following his dreams of working abroad as per his comments last week. Sh1t happens and you move on

I get that you would like to see things as black and white, but niether him saying anything in the presser or what some may think about the situation ... there are only a few people that know what's happened. If you want to be gullible and think that what is said at face value as a sheep you are not different that those that want to create conspiracies
No not gullible. I'm asking the question and yet to hear an answer - The guy says we were never seriously in for him. So if that's not the truth then what does he and Feyenord have to gain by not revealing that a big English club wanted him and he rejected us?

I think he was happy to leave until we (perhaps) wanted him to express that he wanted to leave publicly. I would speculate that his agent passed that on, and then Slot evaluated the situation. It would not have impressed me frankly. I think Slot is an excellent operator; why would he say he wanted to leave? But yes, speculation on my part...

No not gullible. I'm asking the question and yet to hear an answer - The guy says we were never seriously in for him. So if that's not the truth then what does he and Feyenord have to gain by not revealing that a big English club wanted him and he rejected us?

Like I said I don't know the facts or theories ... but what he may gain is getting some of his doubters back on side after flirting with the idea of leaving ... respecting the club and gaining more support that way ... who knows but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary

Like I said I don't know the facts or theories ... but what he may gain is getting some of his doubters back on side after flirting with the idea of leaving ... respecting the club and gaining more support that way ... who knows but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary
What you are saying doesn't make any sense. If he had said there was concrete interest and an offer, but that he chose to stay with Feyenoord to build upon what he had achieved with them, that would have gotten his doubters more on his side. Saying there was no concrete interest makes it sound like he signed a new contract because nobody wanted him. Yet that is exactly what he said. So I would take his words at face value rather than try to read between the lines.

Based on what he said, it seems to me that we were interested, but not that he was The Man as the media made it out to be. Which begs the question: who is The Man? In the summer of 2021 it was clear that it was Conte and after him we were just going through a list. In the summer of 2023 I have no idea and I'm also having a hard time buying the "Spurs don't have a top target, but rather a list of preferred candidates they are going through" narrative. There has to be someone that is heads and shoulders above the rest, but no one knows who he is. I'm just hoping that this is a good thing and that the manager that will eventually be unveiled is an excellent choice.

What you are saying doesn't make any sense. If he had said there was concrete interest and an offer, but that he chose to stay with Feyenoord to build upon what he had achieved with them, that would have gotten his doubters more on his side. Saying there was no concrete interest makes it sound like he signed a new contract because nobody wanted him. Yet that is exactly what he said. So I would take his words at face value rather than try to read between the lines.

Based on what he said, it seems to me that we were interested, but not that he was The Man as the media made it out to be. Which begs the question: who is The Man? In the summer of 2021 it was clear that it was Conte and after him we were just going through a list. In the summer of 2023 I have no idea and I'm also having a hard time buying the "Spurs don't have a top target, but rather a list of preferred candidates they are going through" narrative. There has to be someone that is heads and shoulders above the rest, but no one knows who he is. I'm just hoping that this is a good thing and that the manager that will eventually be unveiled is an excellent choice.
Amorin?

Sums up the media perfectly.

One of the replies to that "Maybe if the club communicated with us we’d have a clue", yes the club is going to keep everyone updated on confidential negotiations. Every time I read Twitter I can feel myself getting stupider (and yes I know I'm stupid enough already)

Sums up the media perfectly.

One of the replies to that "Maybe if the club communicated with us we’d have a clue", yes the club is going to keep everyone updated on confidential negotiations. Every time I read Twitter I can feel myself getting stupider (and yes I know I'm stupid enough already)

Hahaha I saw that one, in fairness there are some surprisingly rational takes after because it exposes the fact that despite the universally used get out of free jail terms like "sources" it shows all info should be taken with a punch of salt

Hahaha I saw that one, in fairness there are some surprisingly rational takes after because it exposes the fact that despite the universally used get out of free jail terms like "sources" it shows all info should be taken with a punch of salt

Some have legit sources, but then they start adding their own stuff to create a bigger story and get more clicks.

Slot being one of several considered by Spurs and his agent going to Rotterdam for a meeting suddenly becomes the drama of the week.

Back