• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
The methodology is important that's why I mentioned getting the right structures in place as well as a Dof and manager.

The structure I agree is intriguing and important - how DoF and Munn work together, how much Levy really does hand off to Munn in terms of the big decisions (rather than day to day decisions) etc. For example, do Levy, Munn and DoF all get involved in the manager selections? Won't be immediately obviously from the outside and more likely whether it lasts a couple years or so will show whether it does indeed work

He could be right, but then again he may not be right. The things that get posted on Twitter and other social media 99% of the time is people ranting about something, football, politics whatever. Then others pick up on it and post something similar and it's just a brickshow with no facts behind anything that is said. Then it's 100 people have posted it on twitter so it must be fact.

Finney may have talked to someone in football but (nothing against Finney) I'm not putting much weight in what some minor agent claims he's heard. Again, he may be right but then again it could be just someone trying to make themselves out to be in the know.

If you look at the press they have so many stories that contradict each other and often there's contradictions in the same piece. Everyone picks what suits their agenda and runs with that and we end up with extremes, in this case everything is Levy's fault or it's everyone else's fault. The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle but bad news gets more attention so most of the press is going to paint a picture of doom and gloom.

The only thing that matters here is the outcome. If we get the right structures in place, recruit a decent DoF and manager it makes no difference what brick the Vagas of the world or the press spout.
I wouldn’t call him “minor” by the way. I mean we’re not talking Zahavi but it is a pretty large agency with some very high profile clients.

re Slot: we'll presumably hear within the next 24/48 hours or so whether he's signed a new deal. If he has that ends it, if not perhaps he might push for a move

re awry vs panic: there's two factors - time and candidates. On the first, I think we'd want the new guy to have as much time before pre-season to work with the DoF i.e. during June given the amount of work needed on the squad. Candidates (who would unite fans/clubs, play attacking football etc) I think is the bigger challenge unless someone who fits the criteria becomes available when their season ends

Perhaps. It isn’t great though when a manager would rather stay in the Dutch league than perhaps join THFC.

Spurs aside its hardly ambitious to effectively rule yourself out of a move in the summer when, in his own words, its an ambition to manage abroad. Plenty of other suiters that would have been interested I would imagine, stocks clearly high

He could be right, but then again he may not be right. The things that get posted on Twitter and other social media 99% of the time is people ranting about something, football, politics whatever. Then others pick up on it and post something similar and it's just a brickshow with no facts behind anything that is said. Then it's 100 people have posted it on twitter so it must be fact.

Finney may have talked to someone in football but (nothing against Finney) I'm not putting much weight in what some minor agent claims he's heard. Again, he may be right but then again it could be just someone trying to make themselves out to be in the know.

If you look at the press they have so many stories that contradict each other and often there's contradictions in the same piece. Everyone picks what suits their agenda and runs with that and we end up with extremes, in this case everything is Levy's fault or it's everyone else's fault. The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle but bad news gets more attention so most of the press is going to paint a picture of doom and gloom.

The only thing that matters here is the outcome. If we get the right structures in place, recruit a decent DoF and manager it makes no difference what brick the Vagas of the world or the press spout.

Sums up up the situation well, we all have a opinion and we all have a right to express it but if that opinion comes from/on social media the chances are that it is ( at best) just rants without very little ( at best) truth just opinion which can be biased. Again information from a man who knows a man should be taken with some misgivings at best and treated that way.

As for the press well lets be honest they have papers to sell ( and in some cases agendas to push) and should be seen that way ( unless once again they have a agenda to push). No fan is happy with where we are but lets see how the situation transpires before throwing toys out of the pram.

Spurs aside its hardly ambitious to effectively rule yourself out of a move in the summer when, in his own words, its an ambition to manage abroad. Plenty of other suiters that would have been interested I would imagine, stocks clearly high
But he has nothing to lose by staying and potentially more to gain
He has another great season he looks brilliant
They don’t win the league he can still point to this season and whatever they do do next

it does show a lack of ambition today but it’s also sensible.. not many managers would be that sensible as most would chase the money

I’ve turned down roles that pay better but the company was worse

But he has nothing to lose by staying and potentially more to gain
He has another great season he looks brilliant
They don’t win the league he can still point to this season and whatever they do do next

it does show a lack of ambition today but it’s also sensible.. not many managers would be that sensible as most would chase the money

I’ve turned down roles that pay better but the company was worse

No of course, always more to things than meet the eye, my point was leaning towards the fact that his actions rule himself out of other clubs and potential offers and not just Spurs so its not the singular slight on Spurs its being packaged as being.

No of course, always more to things than meet the eye, my point was leaning towards the fact that his actions rule himself out of other clubs and potential offers and not just Spurs so its not the singular slight on Spurs its being packaged as being.
He would live to join us
But he has got cold feet
And he won’t force the clubs to do accept an offer that isn’t beneficial to them
He got pelters when he did just that before
So know he earns a bit more money and can get more credit in the bank too

That's where my head is too if we can land Potter before he signs for Nice. Potter then Rodgers then Ange P

Still hoping that there is someone who has been overlooked, or who suddenly frees up, but it you look at the long-lists at bookies (and ignoring the odds) I'm not holding out much hope
Ten to two, fancy a screw? Stop acting desperate, have some patience and calm down. Step away from the clickbait media.

I really like this guy. Very straightforward and leaves nothing to interpretation. Hopefully in the future we can lure him to Spurs. Even more hopefully we have a gem of a manager so when we lure him is still a long ways off.

EDIT: also shows how far off the media were.

I had really warmed to him, shame its not happening. On to the next!

Back