• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Chelsea leak to the press, we don't.

The press have known Chelsea's target since the start, they're speculating because they don't have a clue about ours.

That's fine - but my point was that they have quickly sorted the situation. We've known since January that Conte was off and it appears that we're still dingdonging about trying to come up with a name and some sort of plan.

That's fine - but my point was that they have quickly sorted the situation. We've known since January that Conte was off and it appears that we're still dingdonging about trying to come up with a name and some sort of plan.

Have they? They have appointed an interim manager and were turned down publicly by JN

I agree with Vega, football's a very small world and a good (or bad) reputation can have unexpected repercussions. Vega's a former Spurs player and he works as an agent (I think). He's got nothing to gain from antagonizing Levy and I believe he's expressing an honest opinion.
Vega isn't involved in football since he retired from playing, he's a fairly successful businessman in real estate from what I can remember.
Just because he's an ex-player of ours doesn't mean he has a clue what's going on, most don't even pundits still involved in football, and I doubt very much he's speaking to many potential football directors.

Edit: I see others pointed out he's not in football already

Hmmm. Depends whether you think pitching up in the first week of July to begin your preparations and business for next season is the best way to go about things. Can't imagine it's how Brighton, or many other serious clubs, organise themselves.

But in fairness if you believe we need an overhaul you also have to be realistic that it will take time to be done right. I am one that strongly believes we do need an overhaul so like I said before, I am willing to see if we get it right rather than judging by the calendar.

Don't worry about it! No apologies needed! Long time ago, I remember logging out of this very site after someone's answer made me angry. Once I cooled down, I realised how silly it was. Now, I take everything with a pinch of salt but, in this particular case, there was nothing to be offended about.

Oddly enough, I find myself in a similar frame of mind. I still think the club could be doing better in their search for a new manager but it can't be argued that we're light-years away from the 90s. Maybe we'll be back there soon though but only time will tell. Appointing Mourinho and Conte might have delayed the inevitable but after the Champions League final, pretty much everyone seemed to agree that we needed to start a new cycle.

This is such a hot subject the posts come thick and fast so losing track hahah

I think honestly things will get worse before they get better, but that comes with what you say, putting off the cycle we needed, which we all knew we needed.

it's a large enterprise, the club isn't on hold until the new manager comes in, and it's likely that whoever the manager ends up being, they are already doing their homework on our squad and thinking about their future activity

there is plenty of time

it's a large enterprise, the club isn't on hold until the new manager comes in, and it's likely that whoever the manager ends up being, they are already doing their homework on our squad and thinking about their future activity

there is plenty of time

There are clearly players, like Moura etc and likely others that the club believe are for the can....and there are many we would all likely agree on that they would be right about getting rid of

Vega isn't involved in football since he retired from playing, he's a fairly successful businessman in real estate from what I can remember.
Just because he's an ex-player of ours doesn't mean he has a clue what's going on, most don't even pundits still involved in football, and I doubt very much he's speaking to many potential football directors.

Edit: I see others pointed out he's not in football already

I'm pretty sure he tried his hand as an agent. I vaguely remember sending him an offer for my services as a linguist and joking about his time at Spurs. Could be that my memory is playing tricks on my but anyway.

I think you're missing my point. So, ol' Ramon has no clue. Ok. TV pundits have no clue. I think I read the other day that @Finney Is Back's contacts in the game said we didn't have much luck in sounding out potential new DoFs. So who has a clue? Only Levy? That would like saying the only guy who can talk about a murder is the murderer himself (he was there, after all)!

Again, all the questioning on here has zero effect on Spurs so why should we dismiss everything straightaway? Maybe he's right.

Last edited:
it's likely that whoever the manager ends up being, they are already doing their homework on our squad and thinking about their future activity

there is plenty of time

Entitled to your view but really dont agree with this.

Ange P wont be thinking about Spurs transfers at the moment; he'll be thinking about Celtic.
Potter is probably thinking about Nice given that's where he's being linked to. Doubt he's thinking about Spurs
Perhaps Rodgers might have the time at the moment!

Manager's will only think about Spurs' squad when they're considering joining. We have 34 players on our website (including loans and Udogie). Also includes Austin and Whiteman (arguable whether they are first team squad members) but excl Parrott and Scarlett, so somewhere between 32 and 36 depends on who you include or exclude. There's a lot of work to be done in my view!

if it was solely my decision i would be binning off the ST. I share with a family member and he still wants the seats so will keep for one more year, genuinely could not give a brick anymore about going. watching some brick manager with some half baked team still with Dier as a CB.

I'm pretty sure he tried his hand as an agent. I vaguely remember sending him an offer for my services as a linguist and joking about his time at Spurs. Could be that my memory is playing tricks on my but anyway.

I think you're missing my point. So, ol' Ramon has no club. Ok. TV pundits have no clue. I think I read the other day that @Finney Is Back's contacts in the game said we didn't have much luck in sounding out potential new DoFs. So who has a clue? Only Levy? That would like saying the only guy who can talk about a murder is the murderer himself (he was there, after all)!

Again, all the questioning on here has zero effect on Spurs so why should we dismiss everything straightaway? Maybe he's right.

I was thinking about this earlier and although on the face of it being turned down by potential candidates is a worry, less than ideal and can be seen as embarrassing surely the idea would be to get a candidate that wants to be at the club and wants the job, one that feels they can work within the framework and add value. Now that might be someone that is a less sexier name but I would rather someone with the vision, skills and drive to improve us than someone taking a punt and the job purely for the salary or having the name Tottenham Hotspurs on their CV. Its probably part of the reason we got into such a stick situation with Conte TBH....

We've known Conte was off since the March 18th this year. Chelsea sacked theirs on April 3rd.

Currently, neither side has appointed a new manager.

if it was solely my decision i would be binning off the ST. I share with a family member and he still wants the seats so will keep for one more year, genuinely could not give a brick anymore about going. watching some brick manager with some half baked team still with Dier as a CB.

Easy to pick up a ticket through the Exchange for any game nowadays as a member only. Allows the flexibility to pick and choose.

If I didn't have such a good time before and after the games with my pals I would have binned off my ST years ago

Draws a line under that then.

Running (or run?) out of credible candidates (ie people who will play attacking football, excite the fan base etc etc)...

There is no one left who we could realistic attract that would tick all those boxes.

Best bet now is Potter.

Back