• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Yes he scores a few goals but where is this player when we are playing crud? In games where we need goals? He is ok but compared to the teams we are competing with he is not exactly a game changer.

He goes 60 minutes doing fudge all then scores then does another 20 minutes of fudge all and yet people are talking like he is the next Hazard. Lets be honest here, he scores goals which are good but its the games he hasn't scored in which people are "moaning" about.
I agree the next step for him is scoring important goals, but he's still young enough to add that to his game. He has everything in his locker. Not sure who you think is talking him up to be the next Hazard, I haven't seen that.

So where are all these other players stepping up when we are playing crud as you put it? Kane and Eriksen then I'm struggling. We have plenty of players who see plenty of the ball, do things that look nice and pretty that excite and then nothing comes of it, you do actually need PRODUCTIVE players aswell. It's like the age old argument about certain strikers, all he does is score goals and nothing else. Well that's the name of the game, and if more of our forward players had his stats we'd be a lot better off....

One of those pointless stats really isn't it - that's only the case if he had the rest of the Spurs team playing with him instead of what is mostly players from inferior teams...

Would be if Pool (who are above us), Everton who have Lukaku and Swansea (who are quite close below us) weren't in the list.

Really not getting the coments against Chadli (not pointing at you harr1984) on this thread, no one is saying he's WC, but his goal contribution from midfield is very good in the PL compared to almost anyone .. wtf .. say well done and let it go .. why hate on one of our players (who didn't cost much, didn't come with high expectation) who is delivering

Would be if Pool (who are above us), Everton who have Lukaku and Swansea (who are quite close below us) weren't in the list.

Really not getting the coments against Chadli (not pointing at you harr1984) on this thread, no one is saying he's WC, but his goal contribution from midfield is very good in the PL compared to almost anyone .. wtf .. say well done and let it go .. why hate on one of our players (who didn't cost much, didn't come with high expectation) who is delivering
The stat is pointless because bar Liverpool they are all inferior teams with inferior players and Chadli would most likely not had as many opportunities to score for such teams. I am very much a fan of Chadli,thought he showed some potential last season and has kicked on this season. I agree wholeheartedly with your post, I wonder if people whinge for the sake of whinging on here sometimes...

The stat is pointless because bar Liverpool they are all inferior teams with inferior players and Chadli would most likely not had as many opportunities to score for such teams. I am very much a fan of Chadli,thought he showed some potential last season and has kicked on this season. I agree wholeheartedly with your post, I wonder if people whinge for the sake of whinging on here sometimes...

No really? :D

I wasn't keen on Chadli when I first saw him play for us, but I think he's become quite an effective player. I think he needs to be a bit meaner, use his size a bit more aggressively. Overall, a very decent player and even if we ended up replacing him in the first XI, I think he'd be good to keep for the squad.

In all honesty, and despite Nacer's hilarious acting.... it's amazing how socially acceptable gaming has become among footballers. Still mainly restricted to FIFA, PES and FM, but it's still heartening to see. There were a few pictures of the French national team in suits on a plane heading to some WC2014 venue, and all of 'em were playing FM on their laptops (Pogba was managing Chelsea, and had apparently transferred himself to 'em :p ). A sea-change from just five years ago at WC 2010, for example, when Yoann Gourcuff was viciously bullied by that absolute sod Ribery and his mates for coming from a middle class family and being somewhat quiet, nerdy, and more interested in playing video games than in accompanying Ribery to some gentlemen's club in Paris.

Heartening to see.

I wasn't keen on Chadli when I first saw him play for us, but I think he's become quite an effective player. I think he needs to be a bit meaner, use his size a bit more aggressively. Overall, a very decent player and even if we ended up replacing him in the first XI, I think he'd be good to keep for the squad.

I think he's one of our most important players IMO. We only have 3 players who can score regularly and he's one of them. Always annoys me when either him or Eriksen are either subbed or on the bench.

I think he's one of our most important players IMO. We only have 3 players who can score regularly and he's one of them. Always annoys me when either him or Eriksen are either subbed or on the bench.
A midfielder who scores ten plus league goals is worth his weight in gold. I think many take him for granted, but Kane isn't going to score every week and it's only Eriksen and Chadli who do if not Kane...

A midfielder who scores ten plus league goals is worth his weight in gold. I think many take him for granted, but Kane isn't going to score every week and it's only Eriksen and Chadli who do if not Kane...

Exactly. He needs to improve certain aspects of his game, but goals change games. Eriksen and Chadli should be the first two names on the team sheet in terms of midfielders, the rest of the midfield should be worked to fit in around them.

Chadli has 2 syllables, same as 'shaggy', so a reworking of the classic Mr Boombastic for Chadli on the cards?

well because of our formation he needs to be scoring at least 10, as does Eriksen and the rwf whoever it may be....in fact id be looking for 15 from each of them ideally

Considering gold is a bit over £24k/kg right now, I'd peg his value at a bit more than that.
;)

well because of our formation he needs to be scoring at least 10, as does Eriksen and the rwf whoever it may be....in fact id be looking for 15 from each of them ideally

Yes, but doesn't mean that that can be expected necessarily. There was a stat, part way through last season, that Chadli had the highest total of goals & assists, out of any midfielder in the Premier League. As Chadli missed part of the end of the season, I'm not sure how it ended, but he's definitely right up there in terms of end product.

Yes, but doesn't mean that that can be expected necessarily. There was a stat, part way through last season, that Chadli had the highest total of goals & assists, out of any midfielder in the Premier League. As Chadli missed part of the end of the season, I'm not sure how it ended, but he's definitely right up there in terms of end product.

Agree, and im not demeaning his achievemet, its just that for where we want to be he is producing what is expected. Its the others that need to up their contributions big time in the league (Eriksen, Lamela/Townsend)

In all honesty, and despite Nacer's hilarious acting.... it's amazing how socially acceptable gaming has become among footballers. Still mainly restricted to FIFA, PES and FM, but it's still heartening to see. There were a few pictures of the French national team in suits on a plane heading to some WC2014 venue, and all of 'em were playing FM on their laptops (Pogba was managing Chelsea, and had apparently transferred himself to 'em :p ). A sea-change from just five years ago at WC 2010, for example, when Yoann Gourcuff was viciously bullied by that absolute sod Ribery and his mates for coming from a middle class family and being somewhat quiet, nerdy, and more interested in playing video games than in accompanying Ribery to some gentlemen's club in Paris.

Heartening to see.

Nah ... all the Belgian players are Die Siedler von Catan board game fanatics.

"Anyone got sheep? I've got wood, and I'm looking for sheep".

Back