• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Not a good performance yesterday (especially failing to track Mahrez which left left Davies to deal with 2 players in the run-up to Leicester' equaliser) but his assist does mean that every away goal in the EPL since Pochettino took charge continues to have been scored or assisted by one of Kane, Eriksen or Chadli...

2s1unua.jpg

@Squawka: Nacer Chadli has now scored 12 Premier League goals since the start of last season, Eden Hazard is the only midfielder with more (14).

@WhoScored: Nacer Chadli & Eric Dier: Have scored or assisted 7 of Tottenham’s last 10 goals in the Premier League #thfc

Not sure if it is a good thing for Chadli. Let's hope it won't be a jinx ! Remember Eriksen had a similiar record for a midfielder early last season but he has only scored 1 goal in 20 matches since then.

Needs to work harder when we're not in possession. I'm not convinced by him on this basis. I'd prefer he scored a few goals less but always tracked back & helped reduce the goals that our team conceded.

What's the point in his goals if we ship them all too easily at the other end?

Needs to work harder when we're not in possession. I'm not convinced by him on this basis. I'd prefer he scored a few goals less but always tracked back & helped reduce the goals that our team conceded.

What's the point in his goals if we ship them all too easily at the other end?

The problem is we need Chadli's goals ..

The logical response would be to set up the team to compensate for his lack of defensive work.

The real issue that no one seems to pick up on is Lamela, we can't carry both Chadli and Lamela in the same team, makes our midfield too weak.

The logical response would be to set up the team to compensate for his lack of defensive work.

The real issue that no one seems to pick up on is Lamela, we can't carry both Chadli and Lamela in the same team, makes our midfield too weak.

Well I've already said that I think Lamela going would be the right decision. We need to limit the number of players that we carry when defending. I think we need the central two midfielders to be work horses of players. They need to be tireless in their defensive work. That is the only way that Chadli's gets a reprieve. The central midfielders need to protect the defence so that the attacking players can conttbute with attacking work. We should still be a attacking from front. Win ball back high up the pitch so that we can be immediately a danger with it.

Highlights a point I've been making - shows how well others played last year (or how lucky we were?) given we finished 5th despite having chadli and Lamela in the team regularly

Maybe Chadli on the left of a front three would mask his defensive deficiencies but to be perfectly honest I think it's just really that he's a bit lazy tracking back. If he upped his work rate he'd be a better player for it and more appreciated by the fans to boot.

Maybe Chadli on the left of a front three would mask his defensive deficiencies but to be perfectly honest I think it's just really that he's a bit lazy tracking back. If he upped his work rate he'd be a better player for it and more appreciated by the fans to boot.

It would work if we had a defensive midfielder but we currently don't

Chadli just has to put In a shift for 60 minutes of need be at both ends

We do need his goals unless we get another player in but his defensive fatalities make the left side so weak

4-3-3 I think would also suit Njie better. First choice team of:

------Mason-----New DM----Eriksen----

------Njie--------Kane------Berahino---

Back-up player I think more naturally fit this formation better for a number of players: Chadli would be back up to Berahino, Townsend for Njie, Bentaleb for Eriksen, Alli for Mason, Dembele for the kit man

It would work if we had a defensive midfielder but we currently don't

Chadli just has to put In a shift for 60 minutes of need be at both ends

We do need his goals unless we get another player in but his defensive fatalities make the left side so weak
When you look at Poch's Southampton he was playing two holders in the CM roles for the most part. That defensive cover allowed his front 4 to be more expansive and not constantly looking over their shoulder. Playing Dier in one of these CM roles is an admission by Poch of our vulnerability through the middle IMO, but Dier is not going to contribute a whole lot from an attacking sense (except set plays). He's not doing too bad to be fair to him though.

To me we just don't have the personnel to play this current system and so I would advocate a switch to a three in middle and add Alli into the mix to break forward from that trio.

If we are to persist with Lamela and Chaldi then lets move them up the park to help Kane rather than be late arrivals at the party. Maybe something like this...
Chadli- Kane-Lamela
Dembele-Alli -Bentaleb
Rose-Vert-Alderweireld-Walker

This might mean we actually press high up the pitch rather than talk about it as I don't see the 'high press' at all really.

When you look at Poch's Southampton he was playing two holders in the CM roles for the most part. That defensive cover allowed his front 4 to be more expansive and not constantly looking over their shoulder. Playing Dier in one of these CM roles is an admission by Poch of our vulnerability through the middle IMO, but Dier is not going to contribute a whole lot from an attacking sense (except set plays). He's not doing too bad to be fair to him though.

To me we just don't have the personnel to play this current system and so I would advocate a switch to a three in middle and add Alli into the mix to break forward from that trio.

If we are to persist with Lamela and Chaldi then lets move them up the park to help Kane rather than be late arrivals at the party. Maybe something like this...
Chadli- Kane-Lamela
Dembele-Alli -Bentaleb
Rose-Vert-Alderweireld-Walker

This might mean we actually press high up the pitch rather than talk about it as I don't see the 'high press' at all really.

There is no press at all and it hinders the system

Cant continue to be in the team with his current form.
He continues to do very little defensively and offered Davies no protection.
Today he made no tackles, no interceptions.

Yeah, he's a threat, but he simply can't stay in the team, which is good for us because he's a good player, but Son is our new star, Eriksen looked great coming on today and Lamea deserves to keep his place. Good to have on the bench though!!!

I don't understand why he often takes an age to use the ball, or to move quickly with it. This just gives the opposition time to get backs to goal.

If we're going to play faster he'll need to change, and I'm sure he's capable.

Yeah, he's a threat, but he simply can't stay in the team, which is good for us because he's a good player, but Son is our new star, Eriksen looked great coming on today and Lamea deserves to keep his place. Good to have on the bench though!!!

I'm actually not sure why lamela deserves to keep his place to be honest

I think chadli offers more currently going forward.

defensively he needs to up his game though

I'm actually not sure why lamela deserves to keep his place to be honest

I think chadli offers more currently going forward.

defensively he needs to up his game though

Because Lamela work infinitely harder than Chadli who can be lazy at times, Lamela is a great worked defensively. He's FAR mor involved in the games and creates more chances, both of these two skills are what produced the goal today - amazing defensive battling on the edge of our box, composer perfect pass to Eriksen.

Also Lamela's set piece delivery was good today, took a great freekick and had a decent long range effort the keeper saved.

What did Chadli offer?

Because Lamela work infinitely harder than Chadli who can be lazy at times, Lamela is a great worked defensively. He's FAR mor involved in the games and creates more chances, both of these two skills are what produced the goal today - amazing defensive battling on the edge of our box, composer perfect pass to Eriksen.

Also Lamela's set piece delivery was good today, took a great freekick and had a decent long range effort the keeper saved.

What did Chadli offer?

sounds like this is a micro-analysis of individual events, not the path i was working towards , apologies if thats where i have taken it but i dont mind

chadli can take on his man, chadli can make quicker decisions in transition than lamela, chadli lost the ball less than lamela, chadli stretched the field well and created space..chadli had more than one good delivery into the box, he regularly tee-ed up midfielders on the edge of the box after pushing the opposition defensive line back...this is a skill set that he actually has....he saw the attacking picture better than lamela on quife a few occasions today i feel

i'm not a big fan of micro analysis as i personally tend to miss the bigger picture or lose sight of what i want to say which is that i dont understand why lamela "deserves" to keep his place and yet chadli gets the Heave-ho no questions asked? because its not like lamela had a great game while chadli played brick..both are ineffective in the department that the other excels in

Back