• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

It's a Belgian thing. I look at Chadli, Dembele and Vertonghen and think they are very good players but just aren't consistent enough, for every good game there is a shocker.

article-2420146-1BCCF40E000005DC-646_634x332.jpg
Looking at that picture makes me want to cry. North of 100 million pounds worth of signings there and if we go left to right we'd have to label them as:
Rubbish, very good, shockingly bad, good, absolute dogsh!t, terrible, poor. What an incredible amount of money AVB wasted at our club, I'd say he put us back at least 3 years.

didn't AVB specifically wanted conceicao, willian and the hulk?
AVB had inputs but he surely can't take all the blame for the signings.

The only one we know was 'his' was Paulinho - as the player has said so.

Like with most things in football there are probably several people who can share the blame/praise for that window - from the chairman to the coach and everyone inbetween (and those who left the squad needing such investment in the first place) of course that doesn't help those who need an ogre figure to pin all the blame on

It's a Belgian thing. I look at Chadli, Dembele and Vertonghen and think they are very good players but just aren't consistent enough, for every good game there is a shocker.

How does that make it a Belgian thing? Other Belgian players at other clubs look very consistent.

Could just as easily look at our recent bunch of players from must about anywhere and say that it's a "insert nationality" thing. Apart from Croatians, Croatians are consistently awesome (except when they're not ;) ).

I guess we'll never know 100% My thoughts are that the manager/head first team coach (or whatever you call it at our club) would have the final say on all transfers for the first team squad. The buck stops with him for the team's performances so the buck also stops with him for the signings.

Those players might not all have been first choice targets for all positions, but you're never going to get all of your first choice targets anyway (unless you are Real Madrid perhaps) and those players were signed for over £100 million.

I guess we'll never know 100% My thoughts are that the manager/head first team coach (or whatever you call it at our club) would have the final say on all transfers for the first team squad. The buck stops with him for the team's performances so the buck also stops with him for the signings.

Those players might not all have been first choice targets for all positions, but you're never going to get all of your first choice targets anyway (unless you are Real Madrid perhaps) and those players were signed for over £100 million.

There's no guarantee any of them would've been better.

the point is that we shouldn't be laying blame on a single person but the committee. the guy that eventually signs player is as culpable as the guy who vetoes the rest. ditto Poch.

the point is that we shouldn't be laying blame on a single person but the committee. the guy that eventually signs player is as culpable as the guy who vetoes the rest. ditto Poch.

Where I think blame should be assigned a single person is if they "target" individual star players that are very expensive and difficult to sign without also identifying or agreeing to other targets that are options should those first choice targets be unobtainable. This, imo, goes for some of what we've heard both from AVB and Redknapp. Redknapp with players like Tevez, then the next player on the list apparently being Saha? WTF! For AVB to say that "actually I wanted Hulk and Willian" is a complete nonsense for me unless he also wanted others in case those players weren't gettable.

Where I think blame should be assigned a single person is if they "target" individual star players that are very expensive and difficult to sign without also identifying or agreeing to other targets that are options should those first choice targets be unobtainable. This, imo, goes for some of what we've heard both from AVB and Redknapp. Redknapp with players like Tevez, then the next player on the list apparently being Saha? WTF! For AVB to say that "actually I wanted Hulk and Willian" is a complete nonsense for me unless he also wanted others in case those players weren't gettable.

I would agree with that to an extent, but redknapp had a track record of bringing in players that could do a job.... Expensive in wages, yeah sure, older than people wouldhave liked.... Ok yeah. But on the whole they done a good job for us.... Avbs signings.... Not so much.

Also the tevez, Saha thing is a bit of an anomaly I think, as no money was spent, or to be spent on either..... That makes it a lot more difficult to identify a comparable number two target.

Someone said today that Chadli had got a few more goals than any Liverpool player this year... he probably has more than most players in his position in the league... I know he can be lazy but that is a damned good stat and makes you realise his worth. In fact just looking at Townsend etc you can see that.

Someone said today that Chadli had got a few more goals than any Liverpool player this year... he probably has more than most players in his position in the league... I know he can be lazy but that is a damned good stat and makes you realise his worth. In fact just looking at Townsend etc you can see that.

What Chadli needs is some decent competition for his position... sort of like Rose. I think it would do wonders for his motivation and output.

What Chadli needs is some decent competition for his position... sort of like Rose. I think it would do wonders for his motivation and output.
Bah. I've had enough of all these players who have loads of touches but never score. We could do with a few of the opposite right now. Chadli has had plenty of goals this season, for someone playing in his position. He does get up and down a bit, too, and seems to have recovered his scoring touch after a fallow period. Which is understandable, really.

I just think we've been spoilt with some truly outstanding wingers over the years -- Anderton, Ginola and Bale were all world class. I'm more than happy with Chadders, as well as Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb, Verts, Dier, Rose, Fazio and Walker. I've probably missed out one or two. If we get a motivated Lennon back next season, having rediscovered some grit (the boy's from The North after all), the loan will have been a master stroke.

He really could be a fantastic player - strong, excellent ball control, good turn of pace and above all a striker's finishing ability. My only complaint is that he goes missing so many times in games...

Become a big fan of Chadli this season. He's an impact player but it's not just the goals and shooting. He has the skill to beat a man or put in a great cross in a tight moment. He might not defend too much but when he's scoring he has to play.

while technically correct, it would be foolish to think that we outsiders are able to judge who that one person to blame is.

this dilemma exists in the corporate world all the time. the leader can blame key members some of the time, but not all the time. ultimately if the leader can't pull and effective team together then he is at fault.

He really could be a fantastic player - strong, excellent ball control, good turn of pace and above all a striker's finishing ability. My only complaint is that he goes missing so many times in games...
This is it for me too.
For Chadli to reach the next level he needs to put in a consistent level of effort in each game as a minimum. IMO this is where he is falling down. In some games he takes it easy and does not use to the full the advantages his physical attributes afford him, whereas in others he looks fully committed and focussed. If he can address that he will own that position.

I would agree with that to an extent, but redknapp had a track record of bringing in players that could do a job.... Expensive in wages, yeah sure, older than people wouldhave liked.... Ok yeah. But on the whole they done a good job for us.... Avbs signings.... Not so much.

Also the tevez, Saha thing is a bit of an anomaly I think, as no money was spent, or to be spent on either..... That makes it a lot more difficult to identify a comparable number two target.
Not sure no money was spent. I bet some of Harry's agent buddies got some fat cheques from the deals involving the likes of Saha and Nelson.

Back