• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

sounds like this is a micro-analysis of individual events, not the path i was working towards , apologies if thats where i have taken it but i dont mind

chadli can take on his man, chadli can make quicker decisions in transition than lamela, chadli lost the ball less than lamela, chadli stretched the field well and created space..chadli had more than one good delivery into the box, he regularly tee-ed up midfielders on the edge of the box after pushing the opposition defensive line back...this is a skill set that he actually has....he saw the attacking picture better than lamela on quife a few occasions today i feel

i'm not a big fan of micro analysis as i personally tend to miss the bigger picture or lose sight of what i want to say which is that i dont understand why lamela "deserves" to keep his place and yet chadli gets the Heave-ho no questions asked? because its not like lamela had a great game while chadli played ****..both are ineffective in the department that the other excels in

I like Chadli as a player, and think he's been great for us, and had a better career for spurs so far, but I think whoever is in form should be playing, and for me Lamela has been substantially better the past few games, Chadli hasn't had a great start to the season (though his amazing striking instincts and positioning still see him with a goal and assist),Lamela has been really involved creatively and feel he adds way more to the team currently.

He's having the same issues as Harry, in the right places, making the wrong choices.
The last couple of games we've went from limited numbers attacking too having good support around the forwards at times. Just needs to be more aware of what's around him.

He's not a player who I overly rate, however my criticism is tempered by the fact that not every player can be on form at the same time

As I said elsewhere, its nice that we now have some options so he could be benched for the league games with say Eriksen, Lamela and Son playing in the 3

I like Chadli as a player, and think he's been great for us, and had a better career for spurs so far, but I think whoever is in form should be playing, and for me Lamela has been substantially better the past few games, Chadli hasn't had a great start to the season (though his amazing striking instincts and positioning still see him with a goal and assist),Lamela has been really involved creatively and feel he adds way more to the team currently.

i can live with this post.....cause i'm not saying lamela hasnt been playing better than i am used to, he has...but i do feel that he has a bit of a way to go before he becomes an automatic choice...

having said that..you can see that the kids HEART is in it. i do really like that..and he fights like a tyson

like i said before..that goal we scored was his goal

Chadli is a really frustrating player. Last season, he was our second top scorer with 13 goals. But for every goal he scores, he wastes 3 or 4 easy chances. He have potential to be a top player but he is so inconsistent. But you know that somehow he will always be up there among our top goal scorers. You just can't hate him or love him now !

An ability to score goals from midfield in the PL is something not to take lightly - hence why Poch plays him so much. He also has been creating some great assists this year that haven't been converted.

He is an impact player and I think the thing that frustrates is that it seems as though he could do more during 90mins and if he wasn't such a pussy he could be an absolute top class beast. Saying that after copping unfair criticism in his first season, last season he was very good up until his Dad died in terms of output and performance. A major plus point is that he also scores crucial goals at big moments and in this respect he is an invaluable member of the squad.

I think he gets way too much criticism and people dismiss him as an average player, however he should do more considering the ability he has. All I will say is that very few players in our squad will score 10 perm goals plus (plus a decent amount assists) and for that I can see why Poch sticks with him.

An ability to score goals from midfield in the PL is something not to take lightly - hence why Poch plays him so much. He also has been creating some great assists this year that haven't been converted.

He is an impact player and I think the thing that frustrates is that it seems as though he could do more during 90mins and if he wasn't such a pussy he could be an absolute top class beast. Saying that after copping unfair criticism in his first season, last season he was very good up until his Dad died in terms of output and performance. A major plus point is that he also scores crucial goals at big moments and in this respect he is an invaluable member of the squad.

I think he gets way too much criticism and people dismiss him as an average player, however he should do more considering the ability he has. All I will say is that very few players in our squad will score 10 perm goals plus (plus a decent amount assists) and for that I can see why Poch sticks with him.
I like this post so much. I think he is our most underrated player on this board...

I like this post so much. I think he is our most underrated player on this board...

Disagree, he needs to be more dynamic in games consistently and make more movement. He can do it coz we have seen him, but seems to come in and out of matches.

Completely agree with this.

Decent squad player but shouldn't be first choice in the league- won't be long before Clinton starts more games and with eriksen getting fitter Chablis won't be starting many games soon. Great for Europa games though but can't rest on his laurels - yes he's scored goals last year but he needs to show consistent form otherwise questions have to be asked.

Decent squad player but shouldn't be first choice in the league- won't be long before Clinton starts more games and with eriksen getting fitter Chablis won't be starting many games soon. Great for Europa games though but can't rest on his laurels - yes he's scored goals last year but he needs to show consistent form otherwise questions have to be asked.

Except from when his father died, he has consistently played well.

But it's great! Forces him to improve. Healthy.

What on earth,he's consistently been one of our top two or three assist and goalscorers since he's been at the club,id consider him consistent enough. He hasn't been in his best form at the start of this season but let's not write him off as just a squad filler just yet....

i love the debate ... options in the team and he is one of them.

let's see him fight for a place back in the starting 11

An assist and a goal for lamela and most people's motm. THATS why he deserved to start ahead of Chadli ;)

hehehe...you smug mofo :)

bask in the Glory, you stuck by him against a whole load of brick and kept it going. he is doing you and subsequently all us doubters...proud

its like its suddenly clicked for him and he knows now that he doesnt have to prove himself and try and do too much....and thats actually what IMO is making him play so well

seems like the 30 million really was something hanging around his neck

Poor Chadli. He badly need a goal to boost his confidence and form. And he would have scored from the perfect header against ManCity if Son had not get too selfish and touched the goal-bound ball in from the offside position.

Back