• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Not necessarily true - he displayed this level of performance in fits and starts last season. As a young player, consistency and confidence are developed - last year was a great experience and hopefully now he will have kicked on..... It has only been two games so he will probably have a dip soon enough which again we hope he learns from.

Nope. his last two games have been his best by a country mile

Nope. his last two games have been his best by a country mile

Defensively I think that might be true. Difficult to judge as we were a bit of a shambles defensively at time last season (too?) whereas we now seem to be settling in. But I don't think many would have predicted that a midfield two of Bentaleb and another young inexperienced player like Mason that isn't a dedicated defensive midfielder would be as solid as they were against teams like Everton and Chelsea.

On the ball I don't think there's a huge difference from his best performances last season.

Defensively I think that might be true. Difficult to judge as we were a bit of a shambles defensively at time last season (too?) whereas we now seem to be settling in. But I don't think many would have predicted that a midfield two of Bentaleb and another young inexperienced player like Mason that isn't a dedicated defensive midfielder would be as solid as they were against teams like Everton and Chelsea.

On the ball I don't think there's a huge difference from his best performances last season.

defensively yes but also his overall game, watch how he demands the ball now and constantly moving into space to receive it. hes playing with a higher level of game understanding and confidence while also playing more progressive balls than he used to

Got to be honest, I haven't seen him do anything in the past two games this season that I didn't see him do last season....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

defensively yes but also his overall game, watch how he demands the ball now and constantly moving into space to receive it. hes playing with a higher level of game understanding and confidence while also playing more progressive balls than he used to

I'm not sure I see it. There were games last season where he totaled over 100 passes, he didn't do that by not moving into space and demanding the ball.

Either way, great to see these days.

I'm not surprised he gets near 100+ passes a game when they are all 5 yards or less sideways or backwards! It would be far more interesting to know how many of his pointless passes are actually key or incisive...I'd be fairly confident that would be ZERO considering none of them ever go forward.

where are all of these influx of ****e posters coming from? out of the woodwork for whatever reason.

I'm not surprised he gets near 100+ passes a game when they are all 5 yards or less sideways or backwards! It would be far more interesting to know how many of his pointless passes are actually key or incisive...I'd be fairly confident that would be ZERO considering none of them ever go forward.

'Pointless passes'...did you ever see a chap called Zinedine Zidane? He played a fair few 'pointless' 5 yard passes in his career.

where are all of these influx of ****e posters coming from? out of the woodwork for whatever reason.

Some beer flowing Sat night and a change from the regularly scheduled programming. Don't know where they are from, and nor do I care, but good to hear some different perspectives.

Last edited:

There's really so such thing as a pointless pass from a midfielder who's key job in your team is to keep the ball moving quickly.

There's really so such thing as a pointless pass from a midfielder who's key job in your team is to keep the ball moving quickly.
There is sometimes, indeed I think Capoue was consistently guilty of the pointless pass. His constant one twos with our centre halves and fullbacks merely allowed the opposition to get back in position. I don't think Bentaleb is guilty of this at all though. His passes are generally delivered quickly and forwards.

Bentelab is a good young player (with an awful hair cut)

He has never let us down in relation to his experience and efforts and seems to be a very intelligent player

Yes he some times takes the easy option but if it means he can be in a better position to receive it back then hallelujah football basis. 101, play triangles!!!! I'd like him to teach Lamella that as it's his biggest weakness

What else do people expect him to do in his current role I wonder?

How about everybody leaves and you can debate with yourself? Something tells me you would quite enjoy that.

There is sometimes, indeed I think Capoue was consistently guilty of the pointless pass. His constant one twos with our centre halves and fullbacks merely allowed the opposition to get back in position. I don't think Bentaleb is guilty of this at all though. His passes are generally delivered quickly and forwards.

Capoue is sh*t at keeping the ball moving quickly (and your point is one of the many reasons why). I should have phrased my point 'there's no such thing as a pointless pass from a midfielder whos good at keeping the ball moving quickly when that is their key jon in the team'.

But yeh, I'm with you on Capoue.

How about everybody leaves and you can debate with yourself? Something tells me you would quite enjoy that.

With a guy over 24k posts(most of them pretty pointless or sucking off Messi), I would put a huge bet on that... could retire with the winnings.

Back