• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Up against a midfield of Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Matic and Willian, and he stood his own - brilliant display from him against the best team in the country. He looks so composed for his age, and what I like the most about him, is that he looks like a winner. He's got a bit of bite in him, something Spurs players generally have been missing for years.

20 years old, running the show against Chelski. Wow.

The way he cynically stopped the chel53a counter and took the booking made me proud. It's that kind of intelligence we need to get to the top.

Impressing me a lot at the moment. Cracking game today.

Carrick my a**e, this boy is the next Souness. Knows when to put his foot in the ball, knows when to play it and knows when to put his foot through a tackle. By the time he's 24 he will be the best midfielder in the BPL.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Another superb performance by Bentaleb. His balls allowed Dembele to get further forward where he also proved extremely effective today; sat too deep he slows us down, but Nabil took on the deeper role and the result was we were able to push up a little higher after 30 minutes of showing a little too much space and respect.

Carrick my a**e, this boy is the next Souness. Knows when to put his foot in the ball, knows when to play it and knows when to put his foot through a tackle. By the time he's 24 he will be the best midfielder in the BPL.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yes, said the same for a while now, indeed, I have said for a while he is a future skipper for us IMO.

On the one hand id love Nabil to kick on and become the superstar we all can see him becoming.

On the other hand, Sherwood's smugness on giving him his big break would be unbearable.

Great to see youngsters like Bentaleb who have come up through the ranks and understand our bitter hatred of Chavski playing so well against the PL leaders \o/

Hopefully our Academy alumni will mature together and lead Spurs to a long overdue FA Cup triumph in years to come!

[TWEET]550755879277297665[/TWEET]

No mention of his performance anywhere it would seem.

He isn't English so what do you expect?!?!?

I was listening to the radio on the way home and they were raving about a young lad who played for Southmpton... Future England player

We have Nabil who at twenty was bossing midfield against arguably the 4th best side in Europe ... But clearly he doesn't fit the bill for the press

Personally though I don't care as he is now one of our own :)

It looked to me like he was giving fabregas some stick as well, after we kicked the ball out and then Fabregas decided to not give us the ball back there was a bit of pushing and shoving but after the resulting corner was cleared the camera went to Bentalab and Fabregas in the centre circle and they were having words with each other - loved that, we were 5-2 up at the time I think so I expect Nabil was giving it loads!

Great confidence from him to back his own ability so much. That's two Chelsea games he's been excellent now, against probably the best midfield in the Prem.

How long is he away at the ACON?

Not entirely sure. Don't think it has been announced.

Algeria play their first game on the 19th of January. Has been said that he misses the two games against Sheffield United (21st and 28th of January). We play Sunderland on the 17th, seems guaranteed that he misses that one too. Crystal Palace on the 10th seems a likely candidate for his last game before leaving.

Last group stage game for Algeria on the 27th of January. Quarter finals are played on the 31st of January/1st of February. Semi finals on the 4th and 5th, third place final on the 7th, final on the 8th.

Seems unlikely that they will get knocked out at the group stage, but if so he might be back for the game against WBA on the 31st of January at the earliest. Not super likely though, at least not as a starter.

We play Arsenal at home on the 7th of February and Liverpool away on the 10th. Both seem possible if they get knocked out in the quarter finals. But if they get to the semi final he's done no earlier than the 7th (because of the bronze final) and will most likely miss both those. A sub appearance away to Liverpool is plausible I suppose, but not likely.

So most likely at least 4, possibly as many as 6 games. With one additional game if we go through to the 4th round of the FA-cup. (played in between the Sheffield games, weekend at the 24th of January).

On the one hand id love Nabil to kick on and become the superstar we all can see him becoming.

On the other hand, Sherwood's smugness on giving him his big break would be unbearable.

Just give him the credit where it is due. He was a bit of a mug in the press and embarrassed us on occasion BUT the whole he was inept and didn't have a clue why he was doing is complete and utter BS.

Without him, Nabil would possibly never have been given the chance and his performances lately just show what happens if you give kids and chance and actually persist with them. You only progress by having bad games and learning from mistakes and whilst he will continue to have up and down games but with the right attitude he could be a monster by 22/23.

Sherwood gave Kane the platform to be part of our squad and gave him the confidence to actually believe he was a first team player.

Sherwood was also a big advocate of Mason and apparently was important in him getting a new contract a year or so ago, so that is important. Apparently Sherwood was a big believer in Rose as well and can be said to have helped him establish himself at Spurs.

I am happy Poch shares a lot of similar values to Sherwood and gives young players a chance, whilst being (probably) a lot more tactically astute.

Really pleased with the academy kids and I think that Bentelab could go on to be some player.

I am happy Poch shares a lot of similar values to Sherwood

:ross:

The two couldn't be more different. Playing styles, intelligence, personality, ability, etc. They're at opposite ends of the scale on pretty much every measure.

We will miss his ability to move the ball, I don not hope that he or Algeria will do bad in AFCON but I hope he will return save without injury.

Yep. Ridiculous scheduling.

Can't he just pretend to be French?

He IS French, pretending to be Algerian. Played for France at youth level. International football is quickly becoming irrelevant with everyone moving around all the time.

He is French and Alegrian

how do you pretend to be from somewhere your parents originate from? His parents are Algerian are they not?

:ross:

The two couldn't be more different. Playing styles, intelligence, personality, ability, etc. They're at opposite ends of the scale on pretty much every measure.

except when it comes to playing youngsters in favour of established internationals...something you are very critical of if i remember correctly:D;)

Back