• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Yeah we got beat but young bentaleb quality tonight gonna be some player

Same with Mason and Kane. Who would have thought a few years back when we had Modric, VDV, Bale that we would be lining up tonight, away to Chelsea with Bentaleb, Mason and Kane?

I must be Mr opposite. I think bentaleb masn and Kane are so averse, playing at the maximum of their ability. They're acerage and will be playing for lower prem, maybe even championship clubs in a couple of years.

based on what?

Seeing them play.

Bentaleb and mason are very similar. Tidy, can keep the ball, work hard. But I feel this is the height of their ability. I don't think either really offer enough - they're not going to break up play and be a rock for us, they're not going to make splitting passes open up the attacking play, they're going to drive forward with the ball, they're not going to get goals. They're just average, tidy. Who give the ball away a lot.

Kane isn't a striker. He's okay in a number 10, better than j thought. But yltimstely he's not going to get you 15 premiere goals in a season. Probably ever. Too slow, too cumbersome, not clinical enough.

i mean why do you feel this is the height of their ability? Mason hasn't even played 10 games for the first team and Bentaleb not much more i would have thought.

they're not going to break up play and be a rock for us - they do break up play (as per the stats anyway)

they're not going to make splitting passes open up the attacking play - both are capable and have done exactly that, but i agree it doesn't look like their chief ability

they're going to drive forward with the ball - did you mean to put a 'not' in there?

they're not going to get goals - Mason was a bit ofa goal scorer for the youth sides iirc, goalscoring doesn't look like being part of Bentalebs game though, but thenthey are cms - not really something i judge them on tbh

They're just average, tidy. - for players their age that is a good starting point

Who give the ball away a lot. no

Seeing them play.

Bentaleb and mason are very similar. Tidy, can keep the ball, work hard. But I feel this is the height of their ability. I don't think either really offer enough - they're not going to break up play and be a rock for us, they're not going to make splitting passes open up the attacking play, they're going to drive forward with the ball, they're not going to get goals. They're just average, tidy. Who give the ball away a lot.

Kane isn't a striker. He's okay in a number 10, better than j thought. But yltimstely he's not going to get you 15 premiere goals in a season. Probably ever. Too slow, too cumbersome, not clinical enough.

Yeah. We've really seen that up against a good Everton side an a frankly excellent Chelsea side. They both just carved us open through the middle and kept creating chance after chance through finding space in that area. Or wait. No. Actually that didn't happen at all.

Bentaleb is 20. Mason is 23. Between them they have 25 PL starts. I feel it's a safe bet to guess that they haven't reached the height of their ability yet.

They do not give the ball away a lot. They just don't. I have no idea where you're getting this from.

This kid is phenomenal. I believe.

Seriously Bentaleb has been absolutely brilliant in the last two games. I was watching Matic and Fabregas today and honestly Bentaleb at the age of 20 is capable of mixing with the best already. Incredible talent.

This kid is phenomenal. I believe.

Seriously Bentaleb has been absolutely brilliant in the last two games. I was watching Matic and Fabregas today and honestly Bentaleb at the age of 20 is capable of mixing with the best already. Incredible talent.

Spot on! Well worth remembering who he was up against today. Something really special about the kid and to be performing like this, at 19 and 20, in the Premier League as a central/deep midfielder is pretty damn rare.

Nothing wrong with being a 'tidy' player! He's very tidy. So accomplished on the ball and what 20 years old? Still a lot to come from him. But he is holding his own, deserving of his place on tonight's game.

absolutely fantastic performance from Bentaleb tonight. at one point was completely running the show. hopefully keeps improving

I was more impressed with his reading of the game. It may be because Poch has given him a set of instructions to carry out, but he tracked runs and made good interceptions which last season he just wasn't doing often enough.

Was one of the best players on the pitch. He is now showing what he did for our under 21s except is. Now getting a sitting role

Another impressive performance from the youngster today, showing that he compete with 2 of the best midfielders in Europe in Fabregas and Matic.

@SpursFansCorner: No player made more passes than Nabil Bentaleb today, with 87. Fabregas made the most passes for Chelsea today, with 55.

@SpursFansCorner: Nabil Bentaleb had 101 touches today, more than any other player on the pitch.

Was one of the best players on the pitch. He is now showing what he did for our under 21s except is. Now getting a sitting role

Comes into the team off the back of a cup game and has now secured the role deservedly. That's why you should mix it up in cup games with a squad like ours and it's good management

Seeing them play.

They need to get working on their comic book personas like that manchild that's now at QPR.

We need players that will play within a system, not individuals who look flashy on motd on a good day like we've had before. They are the only central midfielders we have that can play a high tempo passing game.

Steff, I've not posted on this thread, but if you PM me I'd be happy to share with you some thoughts and experiences that may offer some input/feedback and help answer some of your questions.

As we have been banned ;) from talking about Sherwood on this board I would be interested in a pm as well thanks.

There's a thread on Sherwood in General Football if you really feel the need to talk about him.

Back