• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Carroll, if he continues to get games on loan, should stay on loan.

What we need to bring in is an experienced head (Davids/Naybet type signing), get rid of Dembele & Capoue.

Let Bentaleb/Mason learn from that experienced player, use in pressure situations/etc.

I'd say let them learn by playing, even though they might make the odd fugg up. They're the future and I've really reconnected with Spurs this season with all the academy players that have come through. Pritchard will hopefully be the next one - don't have high hopes for Carroll at all.

Capoue was a horrible mistake and we should take what we can for him in January. He belongs at Palace. Dembele can still do a job for us though.

I'll explain my point. Why bring it up now? We won a game, Bentaleb played well again, thankfully the outbreak of Sherwood posts were quelled, yet BOOM! Someone tries to troll it right back to the surface again, as if it's going to make a difference. It adds nothing to the thread or conversation other than perpetuating some asinine 'points scoring game'...I believe (sadly IMO) there is a thread somewhere on this forum for those who want to re-visit recent history. I wish comments about the likes of him would be dumped straight there so as the vast majority of us who wish to move on can do so freely.

Steff as always a justifiable response and one I can't argue with. Fair point...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I'd say let them learn by playing, even though they might make the odd fugg up. They're the future and I've really reconnected with Spurs this season with all the academy players that have come through. Pritchard will hopefully be the next one - don't have high hopes for Carroll at all.

Capoue was a horrible mistake and we should take what we can for him in January. He belongs at Palace. Dembele can still do a job for us though.

Woah - I have seen comments about the midfielders we need to get rid of and Paulinho is not mentioned? Bloody hell he HAS to be first out the door.

I think by next season id like to see those three sold (perhaps dembele can have reprieve) and I agree that we could all buy into a team/squad that had academy players in it. However having a team full of kids would never work as they can't learn from mistakes without advice and being able to see experience around them. At the moment we have zero 'experienced pros' who would add solidity and leadership bar maybe lloris. We really need to get some premier league experience in our side and then use them to bring the younger players on..... DeJong, Milner, reid etc would be excellent free signings and also give us some real quality as well. These are the types that we lack big time.

I'll explain my point. Why bring it up now? We won a game, Bentaleb played well again, thankfully the outbreak of Sherwood posts were quelled, yet BOOM! Someone tries to troll it right back to the surface again, as if it's going to make a difference. It adds nothing to the thread or conversation other than perpetuating some asinine 'points scoring game'...I believe (sadly IMO) there is a thread somewhere on this forum for those who want to re-visit recent history. I wish comments about the likes of him would be dumped straight there so as the vast majority of us who wish to move on can do so freely.

The reason why I brought it up now is because Bentelab was made to be a spacegoat because of a manager who was treated like complete **** in an irrational manner.

I saw people actually believe that he thought nabil was from Harlow, or that he was only giving some kids a chance because of the bonuses he would get. Similarly when his form dropped slightly people were quick to attack him and use it as a weapon to back up their points that this manager was clueless. Apparently he alienated certain first team members becuse basically he was a xenophobe and couldn't handle senior pros, plus had an agenda against the club. Well well a new manager has come in and similarly seen that we DID in fact buy poorly and that in frnt of our very eyes is an academy that is producing some real talent.

So again, I bring it up now because for the first time people have unilaterally praised Bentelab and it's no surprise that we see a real maturity and growth in a player who was actually given a chance. When sherwood said 'he's ready and he's good enough' he was right and although it may not be instant, the progression has been impressive. This was met with a lot of criticism.....

Such was the disdain, disrespect and damn right ridicule shown to TS and Bentelab at certain points, I think it is right to bring up the comment about him being his love child as it was frequently banded about by loads of fans.

The reason why I brought it up now is because Bentelab was made to be a spacegoat because of a manager who was treated like complete **** in an irrational manner.

I saw people actually believe that he thought nabil was from Harlow, or that he was only giving some kids a chance because of the bonuses he would get. Similarly when his form dropped slightly people were quick to attack him and use it as a weapon to back up their points that this manager was clueless. Apparently he alienated certain first team members becuse basically he was a xenophobe and couldn't handle senior pros, plus had an agenda against the club. Well well a new manager has come in and similarly seen that we DID in fact buy poorly and that in frnt of our very eyes is an academy that is producing some real talent.

So again, I bring it up now because for the first time people have unilaterally praised Bentelab and it's no surprise that we see a real maturity and growth in a player who was actually given a chance. When sherwood said 'he's ready and he's good enough' he was right and although it may not be instant, the progression has been impressive. This was met with a lot of criticism.....

Such was the disdain, disrespect and damn right ridicule shown to TS and Bentelab at certain points, I think it is right to bring up the comment about him being his love child as it was frequently banded about by loads of fans.

Mrs Sherwood is that you?

Why?
What point does it serve?
Are you a relative of Sherwood's? That would make it somewhat understandable, otherwise you're trying to 'win' some sort of 'argument'. I routinely praised Bentaleb personally, and pointed to him as one of Sherwood's decent moves. I wasn't alone, many others I now did too. A couple of us cited him as a future skipper. I'm glad Sherwood saw it, after all, that is his job. Ditto Kane, another player I have defended often, Sherwood got him in there and good for him. This does not make Sherwood any less of a ****. Do not be fooled, a lot of criticisms about him came from his conduct, the way he carried himself, his self-protective ways and his total inability to keep quiet and do his job. If he had, chances are he'd have survived (Im glad he waffled on!)...

With regards to your new manager point, Poch is braver than Sherwood will ever be. he has kept his mouth shut, not thrown any player under the bus yet has once again found out that certain players in the dressing room have an effect on others, especially the younger ones, and polarize. He won't have it and isn't standing for it any longer. Sherwood brought one of those elements right back in and basically admitted that he let him do what he wanted because 'that's what you do' with players of that ability. What he DIDN'T gauge is their long-term affect and influence over the team if you just leave them alone.

Nabil Bentaleb is, and always has been a great player. Tim Sherwood absolutely deserves credit for bringing him in more. He does not, however, have ownership over the player or his improvement. I would argue the current manager has continued to work on him and improve him yet further.

He is Tottenham's success right now, let's at least agree on that.

As for Sherwood, we will obviously have to disagree mate.

Woah - I have seen comments about the midfielders we need to get rid of and Paulinho is not mentioned? Bloody hell he HAS to be first out the door.

I think by next season id like to see those three sold (perhaps dembele can have reprieve) and I agree that we could all buy into a team/squad that had academy players in it. However having a team full of kids would never work as they can't learn from mistakes without advice and being able to see experience around them. At the moment we have zero 'experienced pros' who would add solidity and leadership bar maybe lloris. We really need to get some premier league experience in our side and then use them to bring the younger players on..... DeJong, Milner, reid etc would be excellent free signings and also give us some real quality as well. These are the types that we lack big time.

There is player in there. If he can find his confidence, there is a great player in there. I hope he still has it for us, because he will show it elsewhere otherwise...

you ask if he's a relative of sherwood on the other hand can you actually tell us what your experiences with the man are? you talk about him as if you know him quite well and on a personal level what is it he's done thats so bad? i've asked before with no reply same goes for gutter boy and scara seem you all know him all hate him but have not once given a reason on here at all any chance of sharing?

you ask if he's a relative of sherwood on the other hand can you actually tell us what your experiences with the man are? you talk about him as if you know him quite well and on a personal level what is it he's done thats so bad? i've asked before with no reply same goes for gutter boy and scara seem you all know him all hate him but have not once given a reason on here at all any chance of sharing?
I have met him on numerous occasions.... A decent bloke and VERY knowledgeable about football. He has had a pretty big part in much of our strength coming through.... It is fair to say that Mason wouldn't still be here had Tim not been at the club, perhaps Kane too.

Last edited:

He's nowhere near good enough for Palace.... Wouldn't even get on their bench!... 'Pie and chips' Warnock isn't hoodwinked that easily.

I have met him on numerous occasions.... A decent bloke and VERY knowledgeable about football. He has had a pretty big part in much of our strength coming through.... It is fair to say that Mason wouldn't still be here had Tim not teen at the club, perhaps Kane too.

Can I ask why he acted like such a fool when given what was a golden opportunity?

The taking credit for all that went well, whilst saying 'notmeguv' for all that didn't.
The airing dirty club linen in public constantly, plus constantly undermining, plus causing divides in the dressing room (perhaps which we are only now tackling).
The cowardly way he acted at Anfield: after saying that the players needed to 'show some heart and guts', he himself not being 'man enough' to go toe-to-toe with Rodgers in the technical area.

Can I ask, based on your personal interactions with him, why he acted like this when he got what I still feel was a golden opportunity for someone very knowledgeable about football?

Can I ask why he acted like such a fool when given what was a golden opportunity?

The taking credit for all that went well, whilst saying 'notmeguv' for all that didn't.
The airing dirty club linen in public constantly, plus constantly undermining, plus causing divides in the dressing room (perhaps which we are only now tackling).
The cowardly way he acted at Anfield: after saying that the players needed to 'show some heart and guts', he himself not being 'man enough' to go toe-to-toe with Rodgers in the technical area.

Can I ask, based on your personal interactions with him, why he acted like this when he got what I still feel was a golden opportunity for someone very knowledgeable about football?
He only started to act like a fool once it became clear that he wasn't going to be our manager this season. He took the job on the premise that he was being given a chance, but it transpired that there was actually no 'chance'. Think about the way that Jol was jettisoned... It was along similar lines to that. Our club has a lot of class.... Unfortunately however it doesn't come down from the top!

He only started to act like a fool once it became clear that he wasn't going to be our manager this season. He took the job on the premise that he was being given a chance, but it transpired that there was actually no 'chance'. Think about the way that Jol was jettisoned... It was along similar lines to that. Our club has a lot of class.... Unfortunately however it doesn't come down from the top!

I think that's VERY debatable personally, but I'm prepared to let you outline this timeline for me: when do you think he started acting like fool? Give rough fixture times...

Didn't Jol get treated like sh!t because one or two members of the board held the fact that he met Saudi Sportswashing Machine behind the club's back against him all the time afterwards? How are we not sure Sherwood instigated a similar sentiment due to HIS actions?

I have met him on numerous occasions.... A decent bloke and VERY knowledgeable about football. He has had a pretty big part in much of our strength coming through.... It is fair to say that Mason wouldn't still be here had Tim not been at the club, perhaps Kane too.

You're correct re Mason. Sherwood was instrumental in his progression in the last 2 years and he probably would've been sold at his own request had TSF not stood by him. We should be thankful for that at least.

OK folks, we've re-visited Sherwood's role in bringing Bentaleb on and exchanged some views (I've been central too so I'm not ducking that) but can I please ask that if we want to continue discussing him, Jol, or anyone else other than Nabil in this thread, we do so in the various other places available? This one is veering wildly off-topic. I'll abide by this request too. Cheers.

OK folks, we've re-visited Sherwood's role in bringing Bentaleb on and exchanged some views (I've been central too so I'm not ducking that) but can I please ask that if we want to continue discussing him, Jol, or anyone else other than Nabil in this thread, we do so in the various other places available? This one is veering wildly off-topic. I'll abide by this request too. Cheers.

Can you scara or gutter boy answer my question please?

Cheers.

Although perhaps not intended as such, the post certainly had the effect of a troll post. At the back of one of our best performances this season, one that pushed us on to two points behind 4th the Bentaleb thread is filled with regurgitated Sherwood discussions instead of talk of the return from injury and to form for one of our most talented young players. And the super exciting prospect of two Spurs developed talents partnering to form a great central midfield partnership.

I please ask that if we want to continue discussing him, Jol, or anyone else other than Nabil in this thread, we do so in the various other places available?

Steff, I've not posted on this thread, but if you PM me I'd be happy to share with you some thoughts and experiences that may offer some input/feedback and help answer some of your questions.

Back