• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Get Tom Carroll back in the squad too, he can provide some cover and we can get rid of Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue.

I wouldn't mind seeing Holtby come back too, but I guess that probably won't happen.

A decent post ruined by some needless trolling. Come on, you are better than that.

Sorry boss. I'll try harder.

Tbf such was the criticism he received amongst some quarters, I dont necessarily think that should be considered trolling

Get Tom Carroll back in the squad too, he can provide some cover and we can get rid of Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue.

I wouldn't mind seeing Holtby come back too, but I guess that probably won't happen.

Yep. Bentaleb or Carroll for the holding role. Mason plus hopefully another kid for the more attacking CM spot. Superb

Carroll 100% couldn't play the holding role. Carroll cld tough it out with Mason perhaps for a place in the team..... For me Onomah has been a class apart for under 21s so I think he may make it into the team.... Still only just 17 so probably a year or so away

Yes he played well and definitely looks stronger than before. He has the ability to be as good as someone like say scheiderlin -v similar plAyer imo....... He can definitively anchor our midfield.

But I forgot he only plays because he Sherwood's love child and not because he is a really talented young player

Pathetic.
I have no problem calling you out on trolling.
How unnecessary!
I think Sherwood is a tool, yet praised him for bringing Nabil into things last season and wanted him to be considered for skipper duties sooner than later.

Carroll 100% couldn't play the holding role. Carroll cld tough it out with Mason perhaps for a place in the team..... For me Onomah has been a class apart for under 21s so I think he may make it into the team.... Still only just 17 so probably a year or so away

Agree on Carroll, would love to see how he might flourish with Poch. I think you might be right with Onomah, he could be one of the kids Poch has his eye on promoting before the season is out.

We also need to rememeber that our midfield today will have poor games too as it lacks experience. We will need patience with the younger guys, but there is enough promise in him (and the others) to have a genuine excitement

Bentaleb was stronger and quicker yesterday than I remember him being at any other point in his nascent Spurs career. His runs forward were powerful and his pressing was great. He seems to have gotten a bit taller and bulkier as well, which can only be good.

Perhaps he's the key to Poch's pressing system.

Bentaleb was stronger and quicker yesterday than I remember him being at any other point in his nascent Spurs career. His runs forward were powerful and his pressing was great. He seems to have gotten a bit taller and bulkier as well, which can only be good.

agree totally

For me Carroll isnt an attacking midfielder/playmaker type. He's someone who sits deep in midfield and moves the balls quickly. People will always question his size but being a DM is no longer about being able to boot players up in the air - its about being in the right position to intercept/challenge and providing a base for your team so that others like the fullbacks can push on. David Batty types dont exist any more

The U21 final vs UTD a couple of years back was a wonky with Bentaleb and Carroll in midfield behind Kane and Obika. Pritchard was definately tucked in from the left whilst Ceballos held the width more often on the right.

Last edited:
Pathetic.
I have no problem calling you out on trolling.
How unnecessary!
I think Sherwood is a tool, yet praised him for bringing Nabil into things last season and wanted him to be considered for skipper duties sooner than later.

I dont see how thats trolling, its what plenty alluded to when Sherwood is in charge regardless of whether you gave him such credit.....

I dont see how thats trolling, its what plenty alluded to when Sherwood is in charge regardless of whether you gave him such credit.....

I'll explain my point. Why bring it up now? We won a game, Bentaleb played well again, thankfully the outbreak of Sherwood posts were quelled, yet BOOM! Someone tries to troll it right back to the surface again, as if it's going to make a difference. It adds nothing to the thread or conversation other than perpetuating some asinine 'points scoring game'...I believe (sadly IMO) there is a thread somewhere on this forum for those who want to re-visit recent history. I wish comments about the likes of him would be dumped straight there so as the vast majority of us who wish to move on can do so freely.

For me Carroll isnt an attacking midfielder/playmaker type. He's someone who sits deep in midfield and moves the balls quickly. People will always question his size but being a DM is no longer about being able to boot players up in the air - its about being in the right position to intercept/challenge and providing a base for your team so that others like the fullbacks can push on. David Batty types dont exist any more

Carroll, if he continues to get games on loan, should stay on loan.

What we need to bring in is an experienced head (Davids/Naybet type signing), get rid of Dembele & Capoue.

Let Bentaleb/Mason learn from that experienced player, use in pressure situations/etc.

What we need to bring in is an experienced head (Davids/Naybet type signing), get rid of Dembele & Capoue.

Let Bentaleb/Mason learn from that experienced player, use in pressure situations/etc.

:eek:k:
Agreed.

Nigel De Jong was my suggestion for that 'experienced head'.... The problem (if one could call it that) is that he still probably has at least 3 seasons left at the top level. We could bring in him and Delph however (both only 6 months left on their deals) and lose Capoue and Dembele and have significant funds left over to put towards a centre forward/centre half.

Back