• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think he messed up making up that Spurs dont need to finish above Arsenal. Ermmm we do. Especially this season - if truly he loves the club like the supporters. Yup we do. Barcelona do not want Real to finish above them. Real do not want Atletico to finish above them. Utd dont want City above them. Liverpool do not want Everton above them and vice versa.

Spurs do not want Arsenal above them. He tried to reduce the pressure on the boys but they didnt wake up.

I think he messed up making up that Spurs dont need to finish above Arsenal. Ermmm we do. Especially this season - if truly he loves the club like the supporters. Yup we do. Barcelona do not want Real to finish above them. Real do not want Atletico to finish above them. Utd dont want City above them. Liverpool do not want Everton above them and vice versa.

Spurs do not want Arsenal above them. He tried to reduce the pressure on the boys but they didnt wake up.

I think he knows what it means to the supporters and he will be using that behind the scenes. But there is no way he can give out that message to the media. Firstly it makes us sound small time just being focused on one other club. Then it heaps more pressure on the team for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But also it gives Sky and all the media their story for next week - "will Tottenham's season end in failure by not finishing above Woolwich? " Nothing about the success of qualifying for CL proper, or highest finish in 50-odd years etc. They may well make that their story anyway, but at least it will not have the endorsement of Poch/the club. If he says we have to finish above them and somehow we don't, it becomes an "official" failure in the eyes of the media.

I think he knows what it means to the supporters and he will be using that behind the scenes. But there is no way he can give out that message to the media. Firstly it makes us sound small time just being focused on one other club. Then it heaps more pressure on the team for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But also it gives Sky and all the media their story for next week - "will Tottenham's season end in failure by not finishing above Woolwich? " Nothing about the success of qualifying for CL proper, or highest finish in 50-odd years etc. They may well make that their story anyway, but at least it will not have the endorsement of Poch/the club. If he says we have to finish above them and somehow we don't, it becomes an "official" failure in the eyes of the media.

Spot on!

I agree to a point. But I truly believe it means more to scum players and their manager to finish above us than it does for us to finish above them. Which is why I think it will keep happening for the foreseeable future until Wenger leaves.

I'm in agreement with Glenda's Legs regarding Poch's Gooner comments.

I'm more concerned with Poch's listless performance yesterday in the technical area, or should I say, absence from the technical area?

I know the faint dream of a title win had gone but yesterday's poor performance by the team , demanded he got off his bum and bellowed for more from his players. His voice would've been heard all around the WHL library in that second half and maybe got the whole thing going again?

I were not asking that he acts like a Diego Simeone, or for his Stoke away day Basil Fawlty show, but versus Southamton he seemed resigned to the player's poor showing in that second half.

Last home game of the season and with our runners - up league position not yet confirmed, for the first time this season I expected more from him.

Last edited:

It's small time to define yourself by others. Poch was spot on. We need to treat Arsenal with the same contempt we treat West Ham or Leyton Orient.

It's small time to define yourself by others. Poch was spot on. We need to treat Arsenal with the same contempt we treat West Ham or Leyton Orient.

In the main I agree with you, it's correct for Poch to take that stance. But we are fans, and when good opportunities do arise to get certain 'small time' monkeys off our backs such as 27 years away at Stamford Bridge, 21 years finishing below the Gooners in the league, are spurned, it's understandable we fans get disappointed is it not?

I'm in agreement with Glenda's Legs regarding Poch's Gooner comments.

I'm more concerned with Poch's listless performance yesterday in the technical area, or should I say, absence from the technical area?

I know the faint dream of a title win had gone but yesterday's poor performance by the team , demanded he got off his bum and bellowed for more from his players. His voice would've been heard all around the WHL library in that second half and maybe got the whole thing going again?

I were not asking that he acts like a Diego Simeone, or for his Stoke away day Basil Fawlty show, but versus Southamton he seemed resigned to the player's poor showing in that second half.

Last home game of the season and with our runners - up league position not yet confirmed, for the first time this season I expected more from him.
Hangover from Monday night most likely. Also, is Poch liable to an FA charge for running on to the pitch? If so that might be a clue as to why he was so subdued.

Regardless, he doubtless had to read the riot act over some of the excesses, if only because he has lost two key players for several games. So the last thing he needed to do was gee them up into another frenzy that might indirectly lead to further unforeseen consequences.

I agree to a point. But I truly believe it means more to scum players and their manager to finish above us than it does for us to finish above them. Which is why I think it will keep happening for the foreseeable future until Wenger leaves.
That's why they have consistently been finishing 4th as opposed to challenging for the title. Back when we had several seasons of (at best) mid-table finishes. Arsenal knew they would finish above us and went about challenging for the title (and winning it on a few occasions). As soon as we had a bit of a resurgence, Arsenal seemed to concentrate more on finishing above us instead of going out and winning the title. Pochettino is absolutely correct in his statement. Finishing above Arsenal doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. Finishing in first place is what counts. Of course if doing this then by default we would've finished above Arsenal, but winning the title should be our ambition, not merely finishing above the Woolwich Nomads.

That's why they have consistently been finishing 4th as opposed to challenging for the title. Back when we had several seasons of (at best) mid-table finishes. Arsenal knew they would finish above us and went about challenging for the title (and winning it on a few occasions). As soon as we had a bit of a resurgence, Arsenal seemed to concentrate more on finishing above us instead of going out and winning the title. Pochettino is absolutely correct in his statement. Finishing above Arsenal doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. Finishing in first place is what counts. Of course if doing this then by default we would've finished above Arsenal, but winning the title should be our ambition, not merely finishing above the Woolwich Nomads.

No no, I agree our aim should be to finish as high as possible, but the fact is the title is gone and we have to finish 2nd now. If we don't finish above them now, it just gives people more reasons to poke fun at the players and the club. Poch said he wants to change the mentality, well I'm afraid that finishing below Arsenal for 20 years in a row is a part of that poor mentality that we have to change sooner rather than later. Otherwise, this season just gets added to the catalogue of blunders of terms of blowing good positions over Arsenal, but not being able to finish the job.

It means A LOT to our fans and to the club, regardless of whether it may be viewed as "small time", it's important that everyone at the club views it as a big deal.

No no, I agree our aim should be to finish as high as possible, but the fact is the title is gone and we have to finish 2nd now. If we don't finish above them now, it just gives people more reasons to poke fun at the players and the club. Poch said he wants to change the mentality, well I'm afraid that finishing below Arsenal for 20 years in a row is a part of that poor mentality that we have to change sooner rather than later. Otherwise, this season just gets added to the catalogue of blunders of terms of blowing good positions over Arsenal, but not being able to finish the job.

It means A LOT to our fans and to the club, regardless of whether it may be viewed as "small time", it's important that everyone at the club views it as a big deal.
Poch has already stated that he wants us to finish second though.... That means we finish above everyone other than Leicester. Poch is absolutely correct in stating that he does not care about Arsenal. If at the start of the season you offered him 3rd place with Arsenal finishing 2nd or 8th place with Arsenal finishing 9th then he would take the former each and every time.

Arsenal are an irrelevance. We should concentrate on ourselves and that is all.

His manner looked a bit distant yesterday,hardly saw him standing by the touch line,didn't acknowledge the crowd at the end or in the walkabout plus in his tv interviews he wanted to punch someone.......remember harry not joining the walkabout a couple of years ago and he was gone two weeks later.

Surely he'll have time to pick a pen up and sign his bleeding contract this week eh???

Back