• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

"There have been other figures within the game who said that they would prefer Leicester to finish as the champions, including the Swansea City manager, Francesco Guidolin. He said so on the eve of his club’s game at Leicester on 24 April, in which Swansea slumped to a 4-0 defeat. Pochettino believes that all of them have been unprofessional and he wants the issue to be raised and discussed at the next Premier League meeting.

“In football, our responsibility is to be professional,” Pochettino said. “When you are professional, it’s not to give your personal opinion. It’s always dangerous when something happens like that. Maybe in the last few weeks or months, we know the football people who maybe don’t behave like professionals. Maybe, in the next few meetings of the Premier League, the managers and also the staff, we need to say that, in future, we must be careful with all these comments in public.”

Pochettino made the point that he did not want to single out Fabregas and Hazard. “I don’t blame them,” he said. “It’s a general opinion. Sometimes my press conferences are boring because I’m very polite or political. No, I am professional. That’s a big difference. I don’t want to popular. I want to be professional. It’s easy to say big things against our enemy. ‘Oh, the people love me, I’m very strong, so I’ll say things like this.’ Come on! We are professional.

“The managers, the league, the players’ association – they need to say that we must behave professionally. We need to play, be honest and show integrity and be professional always. I like that when our opponent fights and tries to win but, for me, if we want to keep healthy football in the future, and not to be cynical and dishonest, we need to behave in a different way.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/06/tottenham-mousa-dembele-six-game-ban-diego-costa
I (forlornly) hope that stern sanctions are put in place for any manager or player who vocalizes who they want to win the league when their games have a bearing on who does win the league. They have such sanctions for betting, and this situation is not that radically different.

It wa all about desire
I (forlornly) hope that stern sanctions are put in place for any manager or player who vocalizes who they want to win the league when their games have a bearing on who does win the league. They have such sanctions for betting, and this situation is not that radically different.

Maybe deducting points from the teams that the players come from that'd shut them up pretty quick and also deducting points from team that put up performances like Swansea did.

Indeed. Swanseas performance was nothing short of disgraceful and seeing the two managers at the end of the match made me sick. Ranieri may as well have been bent over receiving a good licking from that taco in charge of Swansea.
Compare Swansea, for example, with WBA. They had their flip flops on against L'Arse, fought for their lives like a relegation team against us, then back to holiday attire (performance-wise) against The Spammers.

"There have been other figures within the game who said that they would prefer Leicester to finish as the champions, including the Swansea City manager, Francesco Guidolin. He said so on the eve of his club’s game at Leicester on 24 April, in which Swansea slumped to a 4-0 defeat. Pochettino believes that all of them have been unprofessional and he wants the issue to be raised and discussed at the next Premier League meeting.

“In football, our responsibility is to be professional,” Pochettino said. “When you are professional, it’s not to give your personal opinion. It’s always dangerous when something happens like that. Maybe in the last few weeks or months, we know the football people who maybe don’t behave like professionals. Maybe, in the next few meetings of the Premier League, the managers and also the staff, we need to say that, in future, we must be careful with all these comments in public.”

Pochettino made the point that he did not want to single out Fabregas and Hazard. “I don’t blame them,” he said. “It’s a general opinion. Sometimes my press conferences are boring because I’m very polite or political. No, I am professional. That’s a big difference. I don’t want to popular. I want to be professional. It’s easy to say big things against our enemy. ‘Oh, the people love me, I’m very strong, so I’ll say things like this.’ Come on! We are professional.

“The managers, the league, the players’ association – they need to say that we must behave professionally. We need to play, be honest and show integrity and be professional always. I like that when our opponent fights and tries to win but, for me, if we want to keep healthy football in the future, and not to be cynical and dishonest, we need to behave in a different way.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/06/tottenham-mousa-dembele-six-game-ban-diego-costa
Love the dignity and integrity of this man. He is making me believe in Spurs again, long may it continue.

When are you going to sign this new contract, Poch? Get in! :D
Imagine a table being carried out onto the pitch post match tomorrow. And Poch sitting down next to Levy to ceremoniously put pen to paper. Followed by Jan, Eriksen and Hugo.
Now THAT would make for some celebration!!
Not going to happen obviously but nice to dream.....

NOW

Have we taken any beatings - Nope (bar dortmund)
Were we more unlucky than lucky in our results - Yes (outplayed teams rather than nicked wins in general)
Did we go through any poor periods - No (Maybe first 4 games but lots of reasons for that Kane's slow start)
Would you expect us to keep all our players - Yes
Have almost all players signed new contracts - Yes
Average age of squad - Youngest in Premier League
Stadium Issues - Looks like Wembley for CL next and then fully for year after
Fans, Players, Club on save wavelength
PL runners up

---------
BEGINNING OF SEASON (according to some/many)

We will be mid-table
Squad is a mess, Dier as a DM what a joke
Players need to be upgraded, Dembele, Rose, Walker, Lamela arent good enough
Cant expect Kane to have same season as this one
Milton Keynes for a year what a mess LEVYOUT
Fans constantly on players backs, moaning and groaning

Argument to be had that this has been our best ever season from expectations to where we are now

NOW

Were we more unlucky than lucky in our results - Yes (outplayed teams rather than nicked wins in general)
Did we go through any poor periods - No (Maybe first 4 games but lots of reasons for that Kane's slow start)
PL runners up

---------

We will be mid-table

Argument to be had that this has been our best ever season from expectations to where we are now

Don't exert yourself *too* much while you're manfully knocking down all those straw men, now. :)

Poch is Argentinian, as you know they as a nation have won 2 world cups and been runners up 3 times despite playing in shall we say unsportsmanlike ways from 1966 thru to maradona in 86 to beckham in 1998, we were the better side on that night in St.Etienne and nobody really mentions this but I think we could have the world cup with Ghod that year.
But the argies played a canny game like only they can, the english don't dive, cheat etc and we just have the one world cup and final to show for the game we invented. What I'm saying in a long winded way is that Poch knows how to win and will do what it takes and you saw a glimpse of that against Chelsea, a lot of our fans aren't ready for this but I've waited years for teams to be intimidated about playing us, I hope we never win the fair play award ever again.

NOW

PL runners up

---------

We will be mid-table

Great post

Perhaps the danger is expectation next season

"Tottenham not interested in topping Arsenal, says Mauricio Pochettino"

"Mauricio Pochettino
has insisted finishing above Arsenal is not important to Tottenham this season. Spurs have ended every campaign since 1995 below their north London rivals, but are within touching distance of breaking that streak with two games left to play....

“No, I don’t think about that,” the Argentinian said. “We have our own challenge, but it is not our principal challenge to be above Arsenal. We want to play well and win trophies, but this is not important for us.”

Spurs must also bounce back from bowing out of the title race, after Monday’s feisty draw at Chelsea ensured Leicester City would take the title. Champions League qualification, however, means Tottenham’s season has still been a resounding success and Pochettino said his players will not be downbeat.

“I think we have the same motivation to play the next game. We want to keep second place in the table,” he said. “Nothing changes for us. To finish in the top four is fantastic, this is our challenge and our goal from the start of the season. Last season, I said our objective was to reduce the gap with the top four. We are in the top four.

“Maybe we feel disappointed because we had the opportunity to win the Premier League, but we need to feel proud and, next season, we need to fight for the same goals.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/07/tottenham-arsenal-mauricio-pochettino-premier-league

"Mauricio Pochettino
has insisted finishing above Arsenal is not important to Tottenham this season. Spurs have ended every campaign since 1995 below their north London rivals, but are within touching distance of breaking that streak with two games left to play....

“No, I don’t think about that,” the Argentinian said. “We have our own challenge, but it is not our principal challenge to be above Arsenal. We want to play well and win trophies, but this is not important for us.”

Spurs must also bounce back from bowing out of the title race, after Monday’s feisty draw at Chelsea ensured Leicester City would take the title. Champions League qualification, however, means Tottenham’s season has still been a resounding success and Pochettino said his players will not be downbeat.

“I think we have the same motivation to play the next game. We want to keep second place in the table,” he said. “Nothing changes for us. To finish in the top four is fantastic, this is our challenge and our goal from the start of the season. Last season, I said our objective was to reduce the gap with the top four. We are in the top four.

“Maybe we feel disappointed because we had the opportunity to win the Premier League, but we need to feel proud and, next season, we need to fight for the same goals.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/07/tottenham-arsenal-mauricio-pochettino-premier-league

ANOTHER reason I love the man. Of COURSE he knows what it means, however but flicking it aside like an annoying mosquito, he TRIVIALIZES those dingdongheads and actually ends up insulting them even more!!!!!!! YES!

No doubt, Pochettino is getting matured after each game. But his biggest blunder was not getting another striker and defensive midfielder in January. We could have won the league title if we had another striker to get us the goals. It was a miracle we managed to keep Kane on-form and virtually injury-free this season. Anyway, really glad we can have the same manager for the 3rd consecutive season without any rumours about his future.

No doubt, Pochettino is getting matured after each game. But his biggest blunder was not getting another striker and defensive midfielder in January. We could have won the league title if we had another striker to get us the goals. It was a miracle we managed to keep Kane on-form and virtually injury-free this season. Anyway, really glad we can have the same manager for the 3rd consecutive season without any rumours about his future.

Disagree I don't think any player in January could have adapted to his system immediately to make an impact.

"Mauricio Pochettino

lol.

every young arsenal player seem to undergo a deliberate effort to bainwash them against spurs. even their foreign young players have been ruthlessly and mindlessly coaxed into an anti-spurs type thinking. look at fabregas, the perfect product of this system.

good to see poch occupy the higher ground.

Back