• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I've asked all season, but no ones ever been able to tell me. Can someone tell me what exactly is good about Poch? I don't see anything in his play that gets me excited and haven't seen us this bad in a long time. Last season was better than this! I genuinely want to know what people see because I haven't seen any development all season.

Other than the Christmas period where Kane was winning us games whilst we still didn't look that great, I've not seen it yet, but its highly likely he'll be here next season so lets see what he can do.

Koeman is the same crud mate .. inexperienced manager who had a good run and his team has fallen apart when it counts ..

I wasn't being serious. Just following the usual mantra of everyone involved currently involved at our club being brick and anyone anywhere else being massively superior by default.

Other than the Christmas period where Kane was winning us games whilst we still didn't look that great, I've not seen it yet, but its highly likely he'll be here next season so lets see what he can do.

Absolutely, and I hope he has it. Not playing Mason will help him immensely!!

Our best game in the past 10 was when he dropped mason and Townsend!

In fact our bad run started when he put Townsend back in the team I'm sure of it!

His team selections have what's cost it mostly I believe. That midfield complexly abandoning protecting our defence the whole season is the main reason we have such an appalling defensive record in my opinion.

I said it under AVB, I probably said it under sherwood (and stuck the boot into him as well most likely), and I'm saying it now, the problem isn't the manager, the problem is we have a squad full of limited players of questionable character

or to put it another way, they are all crud

Mate, quite honestly that's flimflam ...

You think they have 15 better defensive lineups in the PL that us? the goals conceded is unacceptable has everything to do with setup

The other issue is we are too willing to go into a game with passengers .. Townsend, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho all disappear for too long ..

Poch has to wear a lot of this, Bentaleb/Mason hasn't been working for some weeks now, Lamela had another zero game, lack of motivation/effort just not acceptable

Mate, quite honestly that's hogwash ...

You think they have 15 better defensive lineups in the PL that us? the goals conceded is unacceptable has everything to do with setup

The other issue is we are too willing to go into a game with passengers .. Townsend, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho all disappear for too long ..

Poch has to wear a lot of this, Bentaleb/Mason hasn't been working for some weeks now, Lamela had another zero game, lack of motivation/effort just not acceptable

Squad not good enough leading to a whole host of changes and young players being relied to leads to... inconsistency. Who would have thunk it?

Lamela had a zero game today? Thought he was easily our best attacking player in the first half.

Squad not good enough leading to a whole host of changes and young players being relied to leads to... inconsistency. Who would have thunk it?

Lamela had a zero game today? Thought he was easily our best attacking player in the first half.

Yes, zero game .. looks good, almost there, no end product (against stoke) ..

inconsistency is one thing, but we have now lost 12 games I believe, its been 6 or 7 years since that ...

Not trying to be kneekjerk, its not 5 points in last 6 games, the real question is would you give Poch 20/30/40M to spend?

If he starts next season like this one ends, we are back with an Oct/November firing, another transition season, another "not his players" story ..

Yes, zero game .. looks good, almost there, no end product (against stoke) ..

inconsistency is one thing, but we have now lost 12 games I believe, its been 6 or 7 years since that ...

Not trying to be kneekjerk, its not 5 points in last 6 games, the real question is would you give Poch 20/30/40M to spend?

If he starts next season like this one ends, we are back with an Oct/November firing, another transition season, another "not his players" story ..

Lamela again looked just about the most likely to make something happen today. His (excellent) free kick that almost forced the own goal, him that found Eriksen when Eriksen really should have been able to release Kane early on, but failed to do so. Several other good involvements where he found good passes in the final third, but others unfortunately failed to follow up on that. Arguably been our best attacking player in the last 3 games, yet people continue to pick on him. And you complain about unfairness in the Bentaleb thread?

Inconsistency is one thing. You're right. I don't see how that's a bad description of our season.

We have a transfer committee to make sure that it's not all just one person's decision that we have to trust or not trust.

Poch will almost certainly achieve par finish of the season of 6th place with a Cup Final as a bonus.
He is not solely responsible for the negative things that have happened this season
There are several players in the squad who he inherited who he does not want. However:

I have analysed all our results and performances for the season and there are some concerning stats. I have graded each as follows:

A* - Team performance AND result above expectation against a superior team - x2

Chelsea (h), Arsenal (h)

A - Performance and/or result above expectation - x6

QPR (h), Arsenal (a), Everton (h), Man U (h), WBA (a), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h - Capital One Cup)

B - Won game with a decent performance - x8

So'ton (h), Swansea (a), Burnley (h), Sunderland (h), Swansea (h), QPR (a), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a), Burnley (h - FA Cup)

C - Decent performance and/or result but NOT both - x6

Sunderland (a), Man C (a), Liverpool (a), So'ton (a), Man C (h), Chelsea (Capital One Cup Final)

D - Poor performance but good result - x5

West Ham (a), A Villa (a), Hull (a), Leicester (a), Leicester (h)

E - Below par performance but drew - x3

C Palace (h), West Ham (h), Burnley (a - FA Cup)

F - Poor performance and lost - x3

Liverpool (h), Chelsea (a), C Palace (a)

U - Totally unacceptable performance and result - x8

WBA (h), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h), Stoke (h), Man U (a), Burnley (a), A Villa (h), Stoke (a), Leicester (h - FA Cup)

For me next season I would, using this scale, expect the following:

A* - A minimum of 2 (includes home and away games in League against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Man C and Liverpool)
A - A minimum of 8
B - A minimum of 8
F - a maximum of 4
U - A maximum of 3

How can you make your mind up about him when he hasn't got a single player he chose in the squad?

That is exactly when you can judge him tactical nous (non) flexibility (non) player judgement ? motivational skills ?, as you can tell I have had a bad day !

Lamela again looked just about the most likely to make something happen today. His (excellent) free kick that almost forced the own goal, him that found Eriksen when Eriksen really should have been able to release Kane early on, but failed to do so. Several other good involvements where he found good passes in the final third, but others unfortunately failed to follow up on that. Arguably been our best attacking player in the last 3 games, yet people continue to pick on him. And you complain about unfairness in the Bentaleb thread?

Inconsistency is one thing. You're right. I don't see how that's a bad description of our season.

We have a transfer committee to make sure that it's not all just one person's decision that we have to trust or not trust.

Attacking player that has done what? the Lamela defense is about as valid as the people who (including me) thought Soldado was doing ok at the early part of season, involved in play, a dozen almosts ...

Today's results was not about Lamela, it was about a very poor display from a back 4 that would have worried most people at the start, notably Vlad & Dier had a mare, neither Mason or Bentaleb were particularly effective, Chadli was invisible and Lamela didn't do enough.

slow out the blocks, slow to react, useless subs and poor organization .. Poch needs to take the blame today

How can you make your mind up about him when he hasn't got a single player he chose in the squad?

So you are saying that all the buys we made in the summer that NOT ONE was a player he wanted? Really?
Even if that were true you judge a manager by how he manages the playing staff and organises his teams; many GHod managers are able to go and manage a gteam well when NONE of them are his

Quite a few players I would describe as "his players". Most of them with an average age of about 22 leading to inconsistent performances with a lack of competition and quality backup options.

That is exactly when you can judge him tactical nous (non) flexibility (non) player judgement ? motivational skills ?, as you can tell I have had a bad day !

If there was no reason to think he's making decisions with a slightly longer perspective, sure.

We should have gone for Pulis... after all, the only manager who gave us any sort of success was the one we all thought was a bunch of crap!

At least they were able to play the ball with more sense that we did; and above all they were organised, had a solid shape and were not undone by a simple crossfield ball.

So you are saying that all the buys we made in the summer that NOT ONE was a player he wanted? Really?
Even if that were true you judge a manager by how he manages the playing staff and organises his teams; many GHod managers are able to go and manage a gteam well when NONE of them are his

He has managed the team well we have the 6th highest wage bill and budget in the league and he's there or thereabouts. In terms of league finish.

Back