• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I can't see how anyone could argue we put in a performance against Stoke. We were quite simply brushed aside. At no point during the game was the result in question.

Really not sure sure how to grade Poch so far; got the best of out Kane and Rose. Away form is still good. Integrated young players. But our defending is atrocious and has actually gotten worse as the season has progressed arguably. Granted he's got a weak squad to choose from and only had 1 transfer window (I don't even count the last one tbh), but it's been a weak Premier League this season.

Also, how do people feel about the points total if we end up in 58 compared to the one two punch of AVB and Sherwood's total of 69 points? AVB was lauded for his record points total.

Still think it was silly to not give Sherwood a go. Best win ratio and knew the club inside out. Poch is average to me and had an average record at Southampton and at Espanyol. Not impressed with him at all this season. Not saying I want him sacked but we narrowly missed out on 4th the last 2 years, and we missed out on 4th massively this year. Depends if Levy is willing to give him a few years to gradually get the team he wants but it's been one of the most boring seasons Ivee ver witnessed in my 32 years. So much so I'm leasing my ST out next year as only went to 4 or 5 games this season.

Still think it was silly to not give Sherwood a go. Best win ratio and knew the club inside out. Poch is average to me and had an average record at Southampton and at Espanyol. Not impressed with him at all this season. Not saying I want him sacked but we narrowly missed out on 4th the last 2 years, and we missed out on 4th massively this year. Depends if Levy is willing to give him a few years to gradually get the team he wants but it's been one of the most boring seasons Ivee ver witnessed in my 32 years. So much so I'm leasing my ST out next year as only went to 4 or 5 games this season.

I wasn't a Sherwood fan, but I said when MOPO was appointed I don't see the point in giving him the job ahead of Sherwood if his job was to bring more youth in.

Like you say, Sherwood knew the club and it's youngsters and the players who needed to be off loaded, which Mopo made one a captain.

I've Done the same, leased mine out - I went to a handful of Spurs games this year and they have all (Chelsea aside, and that had nothing to do with mopos tactics) be dire,slow and boring - I would go as far to say we have played the worst brand of football in the league, Chelsea look like Barcalona compared to us. There are times I am not sure how we are not in a relegation fight it's been that bad.

I believe there is two types of football that keeps people happy, dull and winning or exciting and a lower win percentage. We are no where near either.

I can't see how a season under Sherwood would have been any worse than this.

I wasn't a Sherwood fan, but I said when MOPO was appointed I don't see the point in giving him the job ahead of Sherwood if his job was to bring more youth in.

Like you say, Sherwood knew the club and it's youngsters and the players who needed to be off loaded, which Mopo made one a captain.

I've Done the same, leased mine out - I went to a handful of Spurs games this year and they have all (Chelsea aside, and that had nothing to do with mopos tactics) be dire,slow and boring - I would go as far to say we have played the worst brand of football in the league, Chelsea look like Barcalona compared to us. There are times I am not sure how we are not in a relegation fight it's been that bad.

I believe there is two types of football that keeps people happy, dull and winning or exciting and a lower win percentage. We are no where near either.

I can, Sherwood being a humongous clam is why.

It only appears to be certain Spurs fans who think so. The hatred for the guy before he'd even managed a game for a Spurs was quite odd to say the least. Loads on here saying this and that about him who had never even met the guy, yet funny how a few on here actually met him and said he was quite a likeable guy.

He did say a few things he shouldn't of in the press, but that was always going to happen with someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and was inexperienced. He is already handling the media better at Villa.

To be fair I'm a lot more bothered about how we do on the pitch than the interviews given anyway, and whatever he said he was good at getting points on the board - very good in fact. But hey, he didn't speak with eloquence or with a sexy accent, just your everyday Londoner therefore couldn't be good enough for the mighty Spurs. Exactly the same story with Redknapp, not the sexy foreign manager so many on here craved. We were better off without him too wasn't we...

It only appears to be certain Spurs fans who think so. The hatred for the guy before he'd even managed a game for a Spurs was quite odd to say the least. Loads on here saying this and that about him who had never even met the guy, yet funny how a few on here actually met him and said he was quite a likeable guy.

He did say a few things he shouldn't of in the press, but that was always going to happen with someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and was inexperienced. He is already handling the media better at Villa.

To be fair I'm a lot more bothered about how we do on the pitch than the interviews given anyway, and whatever he said he was good at getting points on the board - very good in fact. But hey, he didn't speak with eloquence or with a sexy accent, just your everyday Londoner therefore couldn't be good enough for the mighty Spurs. Exactly the same story with Redknapp, not the sexy foreign manager so many on here craved. We were better off without him too wasn't we...

His problem is the same as Redknapp, always taking credit, always bigging himself up, but never accepting any responsibility.

Poch has been a perfect gentleman in comparison.

Quality post sir. I didn't hate Sherwood at all and really don't see where this hatred came from. As for your comment about interviews, look at LVG at United. Bizarre comments in some of his interviews but look what he has done to United with let's face it, one of the worst United teams in the history of the premier league. Interviews mean jack brick, points win prizes.

Last edited:
The way he's let the season completely fizzle out is a really bad sign.
We give up on the season with United 6 points ahead of us in 4th.
Since then United have won 3 games on the trot yet we failed to gain any ground moving even further back.
We should be at least 2 points behind them.

It has hasn't it? I mean we have lost to Villa, West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke, Leicester (FA Cup) and will probably lose to Hull at home. What used to be a fortress, WHL used to be an an enjoyable day but it actually is a really brick day out now. Bar the Chelsea and Arsenal games the others were all shockers. Add Liverpool, City and the West Ham draw we really are a brick side at home now. We have scraped wins against Hull, Villa, Leicester, West Ham, and Swansea away, and were the worst team on all occasions.

His problem is the same as Redknapp, always taking credit, always bigging himself up, but never accepting any responsibility.

Poch has been a perfect gentleman in comparison.
I don't particularly care if he takes credit, having earned it. I'm not sure the him never accepting responsibility thing is true either, but it's a pointless argument. No one is going to change their views on Sherwood...

But what does that and your borderline irrational hatred of him have to do with his abilities as a manager? Floyd Mayweaher is a massive clam but that doesn't mean he isn't a great boxer. Not saying Sherwood is that good just to be clear.

But what does that and your borderline irrational hatred of him have to do with his abilities as a manager? Floyd Mayweaher is a massive clam but that doesn't mean he isn't a great boxer. Not saying Sherwood is that good just to be clear.
Yep Mayweather is a much better boxer than Sherwood

Reactions: DTA

Why does people's dislike of AVB and his style make him a poor manager? His results says otherwise and results matter as I keep seeing in the Sherwood thread.

I thought people only really turned against AVB when the results went sour? (i.e. during his 2nd season at Spurs).... Sherwood was in quite a unique position where he was being heavily criticised before results had turned sour.

Why does people's dislike of AVB and his style make him a poor manager? His results says otherwise and results matter as I keep seeing in the Sherwood thread.

His results in England make him a failure in England. He's now managing in Russia. As another poster said, there's two ways of playing; effective but winning football or attractive, we were neither under AVB. His results were more or less the same as what Sherwood's are and yet one is seen as a genius and the other a clown.

I thought people only really turned against AVB when the results went sour? (i.e. during his 2nd season at Spurs).... Sherwood was in quite a unique position where he was being heavily criticised before results had turned sour.

Pretty much this. Certain people made their mind up about him and weren't going to change it unless we somehow won the league.

His results in England make him a failure in England. He's now managing in Russia. As another poster said, there's two ways of playing; effective but winning football or attractive, we were neither under AVB. His results were more or less the same as what Sherwood's are and yet one is seen as a genius and the other a clown.

That's because Sherwood always acts like a clown shoe in the media and I'd rather not have someone like that in charge. We're much better off without that baggage. Even Mourinho's record doesn't quite make up for how much of a taco he is and Sherwood is nowhere near his ability.

Back