• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think it's one and the same thing - Poch is stubborn in making the players play the football he wants regardless of the players best attributes, and is chopping and changing to make it work, despite increasing evidence that at the moment we don't have the right squad to make it work?

Having said that if the rumours about Ade and Kaboul is true, it is but a necessary and welcome change, and maybe the most critical one for Poch yet.

I think overall there's been progress though.

Yesterday was poor, but it's hardly unprecedented that we struggle to break down a well organized team. And it's hardly a problem that's just ours, we see other teams we like to compare ourselves to struggle with the same thing at least somewhat regularly.

This poor performance was for me the first poor overall performance in a while (we've had individual halves that have been poor in other games like against Hull). It came at the end of a run of 3 games in 6 days, 4 games in 9. Again, hardly shocking and we've seen other teams like Arsenal and Chelsea lose and Liverpool draw at home to Sunderland in their corresponding fixtures.

He's illustrating a point with a recent and relevant example.

A point you'd have to be a bit dim to not understand...

I think I understand what he and other posters are trying to do and that is justify the failings of a man who should never in a million years been give the Spurs job in the first place. Watching him stutter his way through the press conference yesterday was embarrassing, it's like watching a sketch on the Fast Show. It's all just awful to watch. Can anyone tell me anything tangible they have seen from this guy that suggests that he is going to be a success, or do we just have to keep 'giving him time'?

I think I understand what he and other posters are trying to do and that is justify the failings of a man who should never in a million years been give the Spurs job in the first place. Watching him stutter his way through the press conference yesterday was embarrassing, it's like watching a sketch on the Fast Show. It's all just awful to watch. Can anyone tell me anything tangible they have seen from this guy that suggests that he is going to be a success, or do we just have to keep 'giving him time'?

He was responding to one specific criticism with one of about a million examples of a very successful manager doing something very similar.

As long as we do not look like going down I would keep him really is about time we keep a manager and stick by them.

But I really feel we lack a consistent goal scorer they can count for so much in all teams. With one we would get enough points to let the manager have a couple of years to implement a style of play.

I would suggest someone like Bony or Benteke some one who is capable of 20 goals in the prem is what Poch needs to give him the time he needs.

I think overall there's been progress though.

Yesterday was poor, but it's hardly unprecedented that we struggle to break down a well organized team. And it's hardly a problem that's just ours, we see other teams we like to compare ourselves to struggle with the same thing at least somewhat regularly.

This poor performance was for me the first poor overall performance in a while (we've had individual halves that have been poor in other games like against Hull). It came at the end of a run of 3 games in 6 days, 4 games in 9. Again, hardly shocking and we've seen other teams like Arsenal and Chelsea lose and Liverpool draw at home to Sunderland in their corresponding fixtures.
Well there aren't many not-so-well-organized teams in the EPL these days.

The removal of Ade and Kaboul from the line up seems to me a reboot of Poch's approach with the team. For that alone I am willing to give him time to rebuild both his attack and defence.

Hope Poch is looking at stabilising the starting line-up now, we've taken too long to get here and are guilty ourselves of not being prepared enough for our opponents.

Happy to meet sterner tests sooner than later in the cup competitions so we can get "player fatigue" out of the way and start building a proper football team.

Back him or sack him mr levy if not bottom half finish looms

The problem isn't with Levy it's with idiots on here.

If Poch was in even the slightest danger would he drop Ade and leave out payers on huge wages and play kids.

Would he be trying to build something. No he'd be trying to short term win every game and leave the dressing room and club in its usual mess.

As long as we do not look like going down I would keep him really is about time we keep a manager and stick by them.

But I really feel we lack a consistent goal scorer they can count for so much in all teams. With one we would get enough points to let the manager have a couple of years to implement a style of play.

I would suggest someone like Bony or Benteke some one who is capable of 20 goals in the prem is what Poch needs to give him the time he needs.

Agreed and agreed.

Well there aren't many not-so-well-organized teams in the EPL these days.

The removal of Ade and Kaboul from the line up seems to me a reboot of Poch's approach with the team. For that alone I am willing to give him time to rebuild both his attack and defence.

Hope Poch is looking at stabilising the starting line-up now, we've taken too long to get here and are guilty ourselves of not being prepared enough for our opponents.

Happy to meet sterner tests sooner than later in the cup competitions so we can get "player fatigue" out of the way and start building a proper football team.

True. And as a result several teams are struggling.

I do think there's been a bit of a reboot. He was using a pretty stable starting line-up in the league though. Lloris, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli and Ade were ever presents for quite a while and he gave several of those players a lot of time. He's now switched it up a bit. Lloris, Fazio, Vertonghen, possibly Davies, Mason, possibly Bentaleb, Eriksen and Kane are likely going to get very stable game time whilst others have to fight for their place.

people on here were saying that we need to tighten up, stabilise defence was needed urgently and then build from that. Personally, I feel we have been doing that and weve looked much better without Kaboul.. Vert and Fazio are looking solid, we just need Walker back and choose on Davies/Rose (perhaps depending on opposition) - if we keep a cleansheet we dont lose

I'm happy with Poch, we all knew he had a challenge on his hands. The team has poisonous apples that need throwing out, give Poch another window or three and by then he should have got rid of the bad apples and brought in those willing to fight for him and the team.

people on here were saying that we need to tighten up, stabilise defence was needed urgently and then build from that. Personally, I feel we have been doing that and weve looked much better without Kaboul.. Vert and Fazio are looking solid, we just need Walker back and choose on Davies/Rose (perhaps depending on opposition) - if we keep a cleansheet we dont lose

I'm happy with Poch, we all knew he had a challenge on his hands. The team has poisonous apples that need throwing out, give Poch another window or three and by then he should have got rid of the bad apples and brought in those willing to fight for him and the team.

I actually agree with you here..... I thought the two centre halves were good yesterday, as well as against Everton. The positioning of the fullbacks was also decent.

Yes Mumorn. When Walker comes back we will have much more width too, his absence has been massive....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yes Mumorn. When Walker comes back we will have much more width too, his absence has been massive....

I just find it a bit weird that the coach carries on with an inverted even when he knows our fullback will not give us width.

If Poch was in even the slightest danger would he drop Ade and leave out payers on huge wages and play kids.

Would he be trying to build something. No he'd be trying to short term win every game and leave the dressing room and club in its usual mess.

He is trying to implement a specific style and philosophy at the club for which he needs the right players to fit the system something he made perfectly clear in summer with schneiderlin and Rodriguez. If levy is not willing to back him with the players he requires to implement a system levy himself must of been impressed with in the interview process then may as well sack him as poch won't achieve anything with this group of spineless players

I really hope you're right.

I agree that there was a lot that needed sorting out in our squad and he seems to be moving us in the right direction.

Spot on again. There was a real call for us to tighten up and get ourselves sorted defensively.

---------------------------------------

I think it's also important to remember that Poch is working with a really young team at the moment. Some amount of inconsistency is inevitable I think.

I just find it a bit weird that the coach carries on with an inverted even when he knows our fullback will not give us width.

Would it not be so that when Walker returns the rest of the team are already used to the system?

He is trying to implement a specific style and philosophy at the club for which he needs the right players to fit the system something he made perfectly clear in summer with schneiderlin and Rodriguez. If levy is not willing to back him with the players he requires to implement a system levy himself must of been impressed with in the interview process then may as well sack him as poch won't achieve anything with this group of spineless players

What group is that?

I calculated this after the Chelsea game:

Front 6:

Bentaleb - 20
Mason - 23
Lennon - 27
Lamela - 22
Eriksen - 22
Kane - 21

Average age of that front six: 22.5 years

Full team included:

Lloris - 27
Chiriches - 25
Fazio - 27
Vertonghen - 27
Davies - 21

Average age of the full starting eleven: 23.8 years

I really think Poch can achieve a lot with those players. But it will obviously take some time and he will need other players in to strengthen and give us more options.

Most of the players that I would classify as players he won't achieve anything with have seemingly been more peripheral lately. Could just be illness and injury, but I think Poch is doing his thing and some of those will be moved out sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

What group is that?

Front 6:

Bentaleb - 20
Mason - 23
Lennon - 27
Lamela - 22
Eriksen - 22
Kane - 21

Full team included:

Lloris - 27
Chiriches - 25
Fazio - 27
Vertonghen - 27
Davies - 21

I really think Poch can achieve a lot with those players. But it will obviously take some time and he will need other players in to strengthen and give us more options.

Most of the players that I would classify as players he won't achieve anything with have seemingly been more peripheral lately. Could just be illness and injury, but I think Poch is doing his thing and some of those will be moved out sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Where do you see us finishing this season? Same question to all actually.

What group is that?

Front 6:

Bentaleb - 20
Mason - 23
Lennon - 27
Lamela - 22
Eriksen - 22
Kane - 21

Full team included:

Lloris - 27
Chiriches - 25
Fazio - 27
Vertonghen - 27
Davies - 21

You can't just say because the average age of the team is fairly young that's good enough for Poch to work with. He has to have players with the exact attributes that he wants...

Back