• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I know I keep going on about Sherwood and I swear I'm not related to the guy, but why was Sherwood ridicule d for doing so by some, yet pouch is praised... Its the double standards that gets me.

Sherwood did it straight away without bothering to learn about his senior players. Bentaleb was not ready to play as big a role as he did last season. Having been at the club for a few years I would have expected him to at least have watched some of our games.

Poch has given the established players a chance to earn their spot and has started to replace those that aren't doing so.

Forgetting how **** we may or may not be, who are the teams that will finish above us? Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton all have more settled teams, yet are struggling just as much.

I still think at least 2 of the 3 will finish above us. Also the top 2, Man Utd, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham, Southampton.

Re. Sherwood getting more from Adebayor -- was it anything to do with playing him as part of a pair (with Soldado) and in a more gung-ho team in general? He previously did well in a team with VdV in support and Bale and Lennon as wide men (and Modric moving the ball around quickly).

Although I do disagree that all Sherwood did was to get Adebayor playing again. He got the team to score more goals full-stop and we finished the season strongly. For example, we won our last 4 home league games, scoring 14 goals -- Ade got just 3 of those and 1 of them was a penalty.

IMO, Sherwood got as much from Eriksen as he did from Adebayor.

Sherwood managed it by the side being left open so there was something for teams to attack. It is like a boxer fighting with their guard down. You will invite punches.
But didn't Palace have a number of good chances yesterday?.... Was that us with our guard up?

Sherwood managed it by the side being left open so there was something for teams to attack. It is like a boxer fighting with their guard down. You will invite punches.

That is the perfect description bug it meant we attacked teams with some meaning

We currently don't seem to be able to do that vs anyone who I remotely organised

If Sherwood had played a holding midfielder or someone who could at least cover for the full backs he may have been onto a winner but he seemed to think that attack is the best form of defence.... Not an unusual spurs philosophy

That is the perfect description bug it meant we attacked teams with some meaning

We currently don't seem to be able to do that vs anyone who I remotely organised

If Sherwood had played a holding midfielder or someone who could at least cover for the full backs he may have been onto a winner but he seemed to think that attack is the best form of defence.... Not an unusual spurs philosophy
I linked to this a couple of times last season but I think that this Secret Footballer article got it about right

http://www.teamtalk.com/features/16129/9221255/The-Secret-Footballer-Sherwood-will-go

What we should do is simple, lets sack the manager ( once again), lets get rid of the coaching team, lets sell a load of players, lets bring a load of new players in, lets get the team playing different system. If we do all that we are bound to be better team as it works every time. :rolleyes:

I think that this Secret Footballer article got it about right

The link isn't working: what was the gist of it? Sherwood was a gobby, self-promoting, arrogant SOB. But as he likes to remind us, with a very respectable points record.
Having said that, any manager with a striker firing on all cylinders is likely to do better than Poch right now- imagine if Poch had Berbatov, or Robbie Keane in his pomp? Or the Defoe of 5 years ago on the bench?
If Soldado was a tenth of the player we thought we had signed, we would be right up the table. It is all about goals, and unfortunately with Adebayor something of a flake, we have the weakest strike force we have had for how long? 10 years? 20 years? 30 years? Only a historian know.

Mourinho blamed the ball boys for their loss yesterday.

Really? :ross:
He should get Hazard to give them a bit of a kicking like before.
3001_Hazard_ball_boy_main_b.jpg

The link isn't working: what was the gist of it? Sherwood was a gobby, self-promoting, arrogant SOB. But as he likes to remind us, with a very respectable points record.
Having said that, any manager with a striker firing on all cylinders is likely to do better than Poch right now- imagine if Poch had Berbatov, or Robbie Keane in his pomp? Or the Defoe of 5 years ago on the bench?
If Soldado was a tenth of the player we thought we had signed, we would be right up the table. It is all about goals, and unfortunately with Adebayor something of a flake, we have the weakest strike force we have had for how long? 10 years? 20 years? 30 years? Only a historian know.
Strange. It's working for me. Does this work?

http://tinyurl.com/nbb35vz

If our players are tired at this point of the season then I would question either our coach's training methods, his squad rotation or both.

Or that they have played 4 competitive games in 10 days, hence the fatigue. Chelsea and arsenal who played the same number of games over a similar period both lost and Liverpool again same number of games,drew. Finney your posts are always a good read, so how would you manage Lennon and not have him being out with injuries as he has been so many times? The problems IMO is there is no sufficient cover for him. Can I also say I thought he was brilliant as an Inverted winger against Partizan the other week.

Lot of truth in that. It's funny posters say, rightly we have been lucky to get sending off decisions going our way which has resulted in a false league position. Equally if soldado could score we would have won yesterday and I'm sure have more points on the board in several games. Let's face it Bale did it for AVB, Ade for tim, berbatov and keane for Ramos and jol

Last edited:
Or that they have played 4 competitive games in 10 days, hence the fatigue. Chelsea and arsenal who played the same number of games over a similar period both lost and Liverpool again same number of games,drew. Finney your posts are always a good read, so how would you manage Lennon and not have him being out with injuries as he has been so many times? The problems IMO is there is no sufficient cover for him. Can I also say I thought he was brilliant as an Asian glossy starling against Partizan the other week.

What is an Asian. Glossy starling?

Back