• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

But you write off season, and then in all probability we lose (at least) Hugo and Vertonghen and possiblely Lamela and Soldado will be off loaded as they have been **** and then new players come in and then these new players need to be given time. Then at the end of next season other players leave and new players come in and the excuse comes that they need time to settle and so the merry go round cotinues on and on and on. Its never ending in football. How long is the average lifespan of a high quality player at Spurs in the last decade ? Two, three or four seasons if we are lucky. People need to realise that EVERY team has to cope with this, there is nothing special about us.

It should be a write off in terms of evaluating Pochettino's performance. Would sacking him make them want to stay? No.

We really can't afford to write anything off in our current position

We're trying to land the biggest investment the club will make with the new ground and to do that we need a positive profile

Exciting football is a big part of that as it competing in Europe at some level

We currently look on course to finish upper bottom half and it will mean even less investment is made in playing resource imo as we will have less money coming in

It becomes a downward curve

We really can't afford to write anything off in our current position

We're trying to land the biggest investment the club will make with the new ground and to do that we need a positive profile

Exciting football is a big part of that as it competing in Europe at some level

We currently look on course to finish upper bottom half and it will mean even less investment is made in playing resource imo as we will have less money coming in

It becomes a downward curve

No

nice touch .. touche ..

the Palace game is frustrating because Poch almost seems like he's trying to **** things up .. I can even excuse Lamela starting, I can maybe come up with an argument for Chadli (should have been Lennon), but Paulinho killed me, then taking off Soldado instead of Kane (who had his worst game this season for us) just added to it.

Right now, I just don't think his style/intention works .. maybe we have another "Everton" game and it improves, but its been a lot of **** games ..

I agree to some of that. Kane wasn't playing well. But we needed a goal so can see why Poch kept him on. Eriksen maybe should have been pushed further forward instead. I also agree that Poch didn't do the best job yesterday. Taking off Lamela was not a good move. But not getting the team mentally ready for the second half was the worst bit. They needed to be told to be patient, not worry about the crowd, keep moving show for the ball more, and use the space on the wings - first half you could see we were at times too narrow, and need to reverse the ball out wide - and for Kane and Soldado to be ready to get on the end of balls across the box (like the one from Lamela at the end of the first half that fizzed through).

I don't agree however that the style and intention is pointless. Even the first half, we were passing the ball well. It will take some time and we have to show patience. I think Poch himself is somewhat intimidated by the crowd. Imagine going to Spain and managing a team there. While a smaller provincial team would be cool, the larger CL hungry Spurs crowd are a lot more intimidating. You only have to read this board to see that. Once Poch is more settled I don't think we'll see him haul off Eriksen or Lamela at HT. I think he does that to appease the crowd, when he needs to have clear vision on what is required to win the game. Maybe this is a little harsh on Poch as we don't know what was said at HT, or what his idea was with the sub. But he will always be judged on results. Simple as.

Who have we beaten below us against those teams above is?

Imo the teams below us in the league are currently catching us up and the gap above is getting wider

Your opinion is wrong though.

Top two are untouchable.

Man Utd have picked up some VERY fortunate wins to put them on course for third, but anything can happen.

We are keeping pace with Arsenal and Liverpool.

We are gaining on West Ham and Southampton.

Swansea can't buy an away win and will drop into the bottom half in a few weeks.

Everton are being Wiganized.

Race_For_CL.jpg

The stats say we are on course for fifth, just behind Arsenal, but Liverpool's demise has only just begun.

You seem to think EVERY team is fortunate when they win - what is it with you... Oh Noocastle are just beating ****e teams oh look they beat Chelscum... ****in hell... Just poor

Atleast I get my fill of comedy

What are these stats based on?

Is it wins like for like?

I'm all for stats pricing arguments but football really isn't that simple. Yesterday's key stat was 2 shots on target

You seem to think EVERY team is fortunate when they win - what is it with you... Oh Noocastle are just beating ****e teams oh look they beat Chelscum... ****in hell... Just poor

Atleast I get my fill of comedy

Judging by what the fans of the other teams are saying they are all playing like ****.

What are these stats based on?

Is it wins like for like?

I'm all for stats pricing arguments but football really isn't that simple. Yesterday's key stat was 2 shots on target

Going with like for like opponents we have only dropped two points so far. In terms of league position, the key is that our usual rivals are dropping points like crazy and I just can't see Southampton and West Ham staying ahead of us for much longer, let alone the entire season.

Going with like for like opponents we have only dropped two points so far. In terms of league position, the key is that our usual rivals are dropping points like crazy and I just can't see Southampton and West Ham staying ahead of us for much longer, let alone the entire season.

You could be right but it's rarely that simple

For a start West Ham and Southampton have a system of play that works for them and should see them in good stead for the rest of the season system wise. We're realky dabbling at that

Then your expecting them to drop points which they havent done yet and we're almost half way through the season

We will play more games too with Europe.... And we lack confidence at the Kinney which good results build

Like I said I live stats but all they really do is highlight numerical positions and a guide to forecast/predict but football has so many variables

There's a 3-point gap between ourselves in tenth place and Stoke and Everton below us. There's also a 3-point gap to West Ham in 5th, 4 points to United in 4th and 5 points to Southampton in 3rd. Man Utd and Southampton play each other tomorrow.

To those jokers posters who say that Poch should get the boot now, can I ask:

1) who should come in to replace him at this current time?

2) for each candidate list how realistic it is that DL will work his magic and that they will come?

3) How long do you think it will take said manager to get us to where you think we should be now?

Ta

It should be a write off in terms of evaluating Pochettino's performance. Would sacking him make them want to stay? No.

Will keeping him, while we plummet down the table playing crap make our good players want to stay or better players want to join ? No.

Will keeping him, while we plummet down the table playing crap make our good players want to stay or better players want to join ? No.

And how do you know we will plummet down the table and end up in a relegation fight?

Your opinion is wrong though.

Top two are untouchable.

Man Utd have picked up some VERY fortunate wins to put them on course for third, but anything can happen.

We are keeping pace with Arsenal and Liverpool.

We are gaining on West Ham and Southampton.

Swansea can't buy an away win and will drop into the bottom half in a few weeks.

Everton are being Wiganized.

Race_For_CL.jpg

The stats say we are on course for fifth, just behind Arsenal, but Liverpool's demise has only just begun.

I have heard it all now. The "stats" say we are on course to finish 5th. Even Poch himself knows thats a silly notion so I refuse to accept that you truely believe it.

3 of our wins have been last minute goals. In 2 of them games we needed the opposition to have a man sent off and the other we needed the opposition to miss a penalty. Without them 6 points we would be one point off the relegation zone. Thats where we actually belong in terms of our play this season. Thats how bad we are.

Any chance for the upcoming lottery numbers?

[tweet]541285079155478528[/tweet]

Seems happy enough. Certainly happier than last season. If the players feel that we're working towards something and that progress is being made I think we'll be fine.

No one is saying keep Poch regardless. People are just asking for a bit of patience (Definition from google for the record: the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.)

I have heard it all now. The "stats" say we are on course to finish 5th. Even Poch himself knows thats a silly notion so I refuse to accept that you truely believe it.

3 of our wins have been last minute goals. In 2 of them games we needed the opposition to have a man sent off and the other we needed the opposition to miss a penalty. Without them 6 points we would be one point off the relegation zone. Thats where we actually belong in terms of our play this season. Thats how bad we are.

I guess without those two last minute goals we would have lost those games?

How about the games where we deserved more? I suppose those don't fit your narrative?

What can you say after such a disappointing game?
Probably just that "we are where we are", and until we get some players with pace like the Palace wingers, we will struggle.

I thought the crowd was good yesterday, I was in the South stand and we made plenty of noise. The problem is that our players are simply not good enough for the level we want to play at. Lamela had a nightmare (I can't believe how some folk on here are querying why he was taken off - everything he did failed, end of story.) Soldado missed his chances. Paulinho was just dross. The club gambled big time with overseas signings who unfortunately cannot adapt to this league. Until we ship the players out and start again, we will stay in mid table, getting the occasional win but just the occasional one.
Sacking the manager isn't the answer. There is a whole separate debate about why on earth Levy hires inexperienced managers, when the most successful manager of recent times was also the most experienced. But we have Pochettino who needs to learn on the job. So let's give him time, but also realise that until we ship out the dross, we are where we are,and that is exactly where we will stay.

Back